Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 06-24-2010, 10:10 PM
KW78

Arrow Road America report here...

No, No, I mean you guys that are there give us a report, HERE!

Can't believe I'm missing another sprints.
Old 06-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Banned

Default Qualifying session 1

From Wheeler.

Andy Mcdermid 2.30.585 s197

Ed Hosni 2.31.975 fox

Rich Jones 2.33.317 sn95

Tom Ellis 2.34.770 sn95

Jim Wheeler 2.35.314 third gen firebird

Fred Hetherwick 2.35.715 s197

Tom Toth 2.36.383 third gen camaro

Chris Pederson 2.36.786 ??

Christopher Quales(sp) 2.40.478 fox

Robert Eubanks 2.47.096 sn95

Matt Regan 2.48.796 fox (Harvey Wests old car)

Chuck Dawson 2.54.044 third gen camaro

Last edited by Ted Johnson; 06-25-2010 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:28 AM
King Matt

Session results here:

http://www.scca.com/eventitems.aspx?...nt=16582&hub=1

I've got nothing to report other than I was standing at T5 during Qualifying 1 and saw Andy to a cool 360 degree spin and continue in the runoff area.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Johnson View Post
From Wheeler.

Andy Mcdermid 2.30.585 s197

Ed Hosni 2.31.975 fox

Rich Jones 2.33.317 sn95

Tom Ellis 2.34.770 sn95

Jim Wheeler 2.35.314 third gen firebird

Fred Hetherwick 2.35.715 s197

Tom Toth 2.36.383 third gen camaro

Chris Pederson 2.36.786 ??

Christopher Quales(sp) 2.40.478 fox

Robert Eubanks 2.47.096 sn95

Matt Regan 2.48.796 fox (Harvey Wests old car)

Chuck Dawson 2.54.044 third gen camaro

Chris Pederson 2.36.786 is driving my old fox body, which is now painted Black.
A/Sedan #75 / 76 Retired
Crew Chief #15 Steve Hynes

Mustangs are Like Women,...You Have to Put Up With a Lot of Crap to Get What You Want, But When They Perform, Life Is Good.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:15 PM
King Matt

Matt Regan took a hard hit during the race. I was watching from the hill on the outside of Turn 7. He came through 7 and mid-apex at the inside curbing a Miata drove into his right rear, sending him into a spin. The car spun about 180 degrees and slid sideways across the grass and the left nose of the car hit the end of the tire wall at drivers right at about 45 degree angle. The car bounced back pointing in the direction of travel down to Turn 8. It took the safety crew a long time to get him out of the car, and they took him off on a backboard, so I can only assume he had neck or back pain from the hit. Hoping he's OK.
Old 06-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned

Default cluster @#$

Just talked to Wheeler. They held him in impound for 2 hours telling him nothing as to why he was in there. His group released and the next race group came and released. 2 hours later they finally tell him they are moving him back 1 postition for passing under yellow. AND not even a position in class just behind a sto car. WTF? He could have been out of there in 5 minutes. They were clueless. He "heard" Regan was released from the hospital. Said cars were off on almost every corner. They really only had a handfull of green flag laps and checkered early because of the carnage everywhere and checkered at lap 10 instead of 13.

Last edited by Ted Johnson; 06-26-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:57 PM

Got a quick report from Tom Toth on his ride home. To add to what Ted said, of the 10 race laps only 3-4 were under green and even those had yellow's at some corners. The remainder of the laps were under full course caution. Apparently just a ton of carnage and rampant stupidity.

Tom, Wheel, and whomever was there will have to fill us all in.

Mark
Old 06-26-2010, 11:02 PM
Banned

Wheeler said the same. It was unbelievable carnage on track. Sadly, the ex Harvey West car is totaled.
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 AM

Matt was back at the track before I left... other than looking absolutely drained and having some neck paid he said he was fine. He had a beer in hand and he was headed to the driver / worker dinner. The car took a hard hit but per Andy McDermott it can be fixed...no problem. It was pretty bad....I don't know Mustangs but if it was my Camaro I would be out looking for a new body. As for the race I'll fill you in tomorrow...I can say it was absolutely the worse race that I have ever been in! One Ferrari blew a motor and spun, 2 more Ferrari's ended in the gravel traps. I would guess 10 or more cars spun or had some significant crash damage. Our best laps could be compared to the first lap of a rain race....you could never get going everyone was checking up.

Tom
Old 06-27-2010, 05:46 PM

Okay...back to the Sprints. Friday was a great day, hot but a great track for practice and the 1st qualifying. There were about 50 cars on track but we weren't bunched together so it made for a good time. I have to tell you it is pretty cool tucking your bumper under a Ferrari Challenge car and running with him down the straight then hearing what sounds like 3 quick FI style down shifts. Tom Ellis had the nose off his Mustang and didn't make it to practice, Andy had brake issues in both practice and qualifying but still managed to land the pole. As always it was great to see the AS gang as well as some old friends like David Venhaus. We were all pretty spread out over the infield so it made it hard to see everyone.

It rained pretty hard Friday night enough to clean up some of the NASCAR junk off of the track.....it was very hot and humid. At one on the parts suppliers stations the temp showed 96 degrees and the humidity was close to 80%. Once again the second qualifying went well the track was dry and everyone stayed clean.

As I said before the race was a mess. It is hard to remember the details lap by lap but what I do remember is everyone checking up corner after corner, lap after lap with a wall of havoc at almost every turn. The "big one" was on lap 1 or 2 going into turn 3 when one of the Ferrari's blew a motor. There was a lot of smoke and oil, cars going everywhere you had to just try to pick a hole while on oil with cars coming back across the track. There were a couple dramatic moments between turn 3 and 5 about 1/3rd of the way down. It looked like 2 Camaros (STO and maybe a T2) came together spun and again came across the track...don't know why they spun on the straight but both Fred and I had to dump it on the wet grass on the left but we both made it by clean. David Venhaus stayed to the right and got past both Fred and I. Later in the race in the same general area (I think it was later) it appears that somehow a STO Corvette made some significant contact with the right side of Dave's car. Not sure how it happened, he may have spun into him. Before the pace car came out there were broken, stuck or wrecked cars in 4 or 5 locations on the track. They ended calling it on lap 10. It was very strange...for the few laps that we ran the cars never spread out as you would expect. Some of the "faster" cars up front were checking up a lot more than the middle and back of the pack. I think a lot of the STU and STO drivers were so impressed by the Jacque Velleneu's move in Canada Corner the prior weekend that they figured they could try the same thing in every corner. The AS drivers were the cleanest of the bunch. Both Dave and Matt got popped and without seeing it coming. The most frustrating thing was working hard on the car for 3 sessions, knowing it feels good and seeing 4 A Sedans making there way around 5 when you are at the 300 marker single file under a full course yellow. You just prayed for some continuous green flag racing that never really happened.

Matt if you are reading this I hope you are feeling well. If you are looking for a replacement shell I think Kris Smith has a real nice fresh Fox Body A Sedan at a good price.

Tom