Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM

Well...what are the results????
Old 05-03-2009, 09:29 PM

Here is a brief summary.

Philip Smith 1.44.972
Brian Wallace 1.46.376
Mark Muddiman 1:50.129
Dave Hart 1:52.990
Jonathan Ricker 1:53.156

Results Sunny great weather

Philip Smith 1:45.702
Brian Wallace 1:45.899
Mark Muddiman 1:48.138
Jonathan Ricker 1:49.567
Dave Hart 1:51.096

The start was a total mess. We went around once because the left line was going about 90 mph's.

Second time wasn't much better. Brian was about 8 car lenghts ahead of me in the left line when the green was thrown. Dave also got by in the left line. I got around Dave out of the carousal and then worked on Brian. Brian can really hump a car around a track. He was running iron heads at 3280 and I was on Edelbrock at 3380. His car was better in the corners but I mine was better down the drag strip. Brian let me by into 1 on something like the 3 lap super clean and very nice. We both ran very hard until the end and I think Brian was waiting for me to make a mistake. He never gave up and we both drove a pretty good race.

This looks like it is going to be the last Road Race at IRP.

Great time and Brian and Tom's mom kept me in good food.

Great hanging out and thanks for the help. See you guys at Mid O.

Philip

Last edited by smithpr; 05-04-2009 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:27 PM
David Pintaric

Jeez H christmas, Brian was trying to race ME on that first lap!

Hey, it was really good to see you guys this weekend. It was the perfect example of sticign with something even though it started out crappy. I left for ORP on Friday at 7 AM, when we got past Columbus I got the call that the test session would end at 1:00. Ugh.

Well, I get there and they extend it to 4 PM, so that works for me. But I was told that the drag strip was so slippery that there was no passing on it, even in the dry.

So, I pay my $75 and hop in the car. I am all strpped in, start the car, and immediately see small rain drops. I tell my crew, "let's wait and see what happens." The rain picked up some more, and then some more, and then some more again. I took my gloves off and said the heck with it. If the drag strip is slippery when dry, can you even imagine it in the rain, and with 1,500 ft/lbs of torque???

All's well that end's well, though. Got the win, got some tires because of it, and now off to good ole Nelson Ledges. Phillip, ya coming up for that steak dinner I promised you? If you do show, bring some 'Non jeans" and I'll take you to my club. You'll like it, I promise.

Last edited by David Pintaric; 05-05-2009 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:28 AM

I own some "Non Jeans", They are called shorts. Gave away my last necktie several years ago, however.
wheel
Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 PM
Brian Wallace

It was nice to be back out on the track and get the rust out of the system. I couldn’t agree more with Phillip on the start. It was an absolute joke. On the first attempt, the pole sitter clearly did not follow the GCR (Section 6.2.2) where it indicates that he/she should maintain the speed of the pace car. So, we did not get the green, cuz like Phillip said, we were going about 90 MPH coming up to the line (no joke). The pole sitter got it right on the second attempt. Unfortunately for Phillip his line still did not go and I was already 5 car lengths ahead of him when the green flew. This allowed me to have some fun with David for a corner or two. Phillip ran a great race and it was a blast to race with him. I just wish I had a bungee to attach to his rear bumper when he went by.

The weather couldn’t have been any better for racing … upper 60’s and lower 70’s with occasional cloud cover. Hopefully Mid-Ohio has the courtesy to order up the same type of weather.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:12 PM

Brian,
Welcome back.
wheel
Old 05-05-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pintaric
Jeez H christmas, Brian was trying to race ME on that first lap!
You should have heard him complaining on the radio about how you were holding him up. Kidding...

Brian (and the rest of the left-side grid) benefited from a GT3 (a classy move by Paul Young IMO) going to the back with an unknown engine issue. The right-side might not agree.

From where I watched, there was also some good racing between Mark, Jon and Dave on both days. In fact, all of the AS cars except Mark ran the regional. Wait, they WERE the regional.

We did pay the price on Friday for the PERFECT FOR RACING weekend weather...
Old 05-05-2009, 10:47 PM
jericker

I'll go ahead and echo what Phil, Brian and Tom have all said about the weekend. The weather was absolutely perfect for being at the track. I had the benefit of being in that left lane that took off both times but only had the pleasure of watching Brian and Tom for about 3 turns then they were gone. Dave Hart and I had a great battle for about 3 laps then it was real apparent he had junk rubber on and I waited him out until he couldn't stay straight anymore and I got by him out of 3 into 4 while inspecting his passenger side door as he slid by. The rest of the race was watching Mark slowly pull away. I'm happy with my 4th and the run I had, set a personal best at ORP on Sunday and can't wait for the next run. Don't know when that will be though. Good luck at MidO guys cause I know it won't be there.
Thanks for all the comraderie, AS really is a great group of guys.

Jon
Old 05-06-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericker
Good luck at MidO guys cause I know it won't be there.
Great to meet you Jon. Enjoy the time with your family.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Jerry Post

Default O'Reilly

Does anyone want to volunteer who was running the aluminum heads and who was running the iron heads and any opinion of the advantage if any?

Thanks Jerry Still Iron Headed.