Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 07-01-2013, 01:21 PM

It was actually dry for Saturday afternoon's race and Sunday was also dry.

On Saturday Chris won followed by Scott, Matt Long and me. The bad was that on the last lap Matt Long locked up going into 1 and got off the track and hit hard in to the tire wall on the passenger side of the car. Other than the wind knocked out of him he was fine and at the impound after the race. Didn't get a chance to see the car.

On Sunday Dave drove Scott's car. Chris started on the front row. Matt was gone due to the wreck on Saturday and I ran T1 without my restrictor and weight. In the end Dave won and Chris got his finish, but had some mechanical problems and had to pull out around 1/2 way though the race.

Cheyne
Old 07-01-2013, 03:10 PM

Dave an I ran roughly the same lap times, mid to low 1:19's. I think if Dave had been running 10/10ths, he would have run mid to low 18's.

His main comment, especially in the wet, was torque, as in "holy crap, I'm flat on the floor in my car in places where you can't even touch your throttle or you'll spin the wheels".

He has his 4th finish, so he is set for the Runoffs. All he needs now is a car.

Cheyne's car is pathetically anemic with the restrictor. He was having trouble pulling the B spec cars.

IMO, the car needs something more then the current 50mm. Maybe a 55?
Old 07-01-2013, 04:50 PM

I had fun for 23 of the 24 laps in Saturdays race. Started dead last after qualifying in the wet, and had to play catch up early in the race to find Chris, Scott and Cheyne, who all started toward the front of the pack.

Scott and I had a good race together for about 16 laps, I managed to get by him with 14 to go, but we was stuck to my rear bumper for the remainder of the race. The Caddy is FAST down the straights!

With one to go, I went into turn 1 only to find the brake pedal go to the floor. I pumped and pumped, but there was no pressure to be found. I had to point the car in the direction I wanted to hit and hope for the best. I managed to downshift into third, hoping to at least slow the car down some, thus the reason why I left tire marks in the pavement. The car spun in the grass, where I was lucky to hit the tire wall on the passenger side still travelling around 100 mph upon impact.

The car can be fixed... eventually. I received some sore ribs, but other than that, am ok. It turns out that a bleeder screw worked its way loose on the front caliper, causing the lack of pressure.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:57 PM

Matt,

I was glad to see you OK, sorry to see your car.

I couldn't do a thing with you turn 3A through 6, you just pointed and shot. I think, had I been more aggressive, I could have passed you under the brakes in 1 and 7, but it would have been a low percentage pass at best.

You were pretty fast in a straight line yourself....

I made a couple of mistakes when you were behind me, and you got by clean. It was fun going side by side for a couple of turns. That bloody double yellow....

You did notice that you and I caught up to Chris and the VW. A couple more laps and we would have had them both I think.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:08 PM

I was thinking the same thing... just a couple of more laps and things would have gotten real interesting.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:16 PM
racindavid1

Default Caddy

Scotts Caddy is a real treat to drive. Yes it's big, and yes it's heavy, but it pulls like a freight train down the straights ! It's very stable and predictable... and what's really nice is that it does NOT fade as the race goes on. The big tires and big brakes just keep taking what you throw at them ! It makes monster torque for sure ! No need to keep it up on the cam... Just mash it at 3000 RPM and off you go ! (there still ain't no replacement for displacement !) Very confidence inspiring !

I can't thank Scott and his crew chief Mike enough... It was a lucky win as Chris ran into trans troubles... However I like to say "luck is when opportunity meets prepared... " and Scotts car is prepared to perfection.

BTW Saturdays race was exciting as hell to watch. The T3 Turbo VW was really harassing Chris, to the point where he tagged Chris approaching a yellow in turn 1. Matt and Scott had an epic battle going right behind those two, and yes, they were gaining the whole time ! Too bad about Matts car. The entire passenger side looked to be knocked in pretty hard... But it does look repairable...

Still looking at options for the RO's...

Last edited by racindavid1; 07-01-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: name mistake !
Old 07-03-2013, 03:45 PM

Scott, did you happen to get in car video of the race on Saturday? Mine did not record.