Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 04-17-2011, 07:08 PM

Default Sunday Race Results - preliminary

Sunday’s Race 4/17/2011 VIR National
Finishing position (preliminary from live timing), name, fastest lap, car

1 Michael Lavigne......2:09.792......1995 Ford Mustang
2 Tom Ellis...............2:10:528......2006 Ford Mustang
3 Jeff Werth.............2:09.758......1992 Chevrolet Camaro
4 John Heinricy.........2:09.427......2002 Pontiac Firebird
5 Daniel Richardson...2:10.666......1991 Chevrolet Camaro
6 Jerry Post.............2:12.098......2002 Chevrolet Camaro
7 John Lechner.........2:13.759.....1994 Ford Mustang
8 JW Brewer.............2:22.446...........Chevrolet Camaro
9 Joseph Trapani.......2:17.304.....1988 Chevrolet Camaro
DNS Pat Wilmot..........................1984 Ford Mustang
Old 04-17-2011, 11:48 PM

ONE HELL OF A WEEKEND

runoffs were fun and this was damn close. GREAT RACING by all the AS drivers... both days. Lots of nose to tail and position changes out the wazoo. Congrats to everyone. Heinrocket was fast as all hell. Mike was crazy fast. Saturday him and i had a great race with both of us dropping tires all over the track. He got an unlucky break but made up for it on sunday with a strong run for number 1! Jeff ran great races both days and through his flat spots on saturday and handleing issue sunday, he walked away with two podium finishes! Tom ellis was blazing fast in both cars as he took the silver on sunday after his unfortunate incident at the start of saturdays race. No doubt he will come back swinging hard like he always does. Jerry Post ran excellent both days and did not hesitate to breath down my neck as much as possible on the track haha. Lechner faced rear shock problems holding him back but did great also. As for the rest, they will have to share their stories as i did not have the chance to speak with them. Pat had a very unfortunate motor issue happen at then start of the first qualifying on friday. I know if he was there he would have added to the amazing show that Asedan put on the table at VIR!

PS. I woulda done better with a little bit o shake and bake in the race

:c heers:
Old 04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
PatWilmot

The Shake and Bake would have been in full effect. Congrats to everyone!
Old 04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
Jerry Post

Default Vir

Congrats to all, great racing both days, a very fast group of cars at a great facility, what can I say all ran great and close. Hats off to The Kid who ran great and challenged the more experienced drivers. Mike Tom Jeff The Rocket always fast. A great time, sorry Pat was unable to participate.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:28 AM

You guys want to know the best part of this past weekend? It was making sure everyone was safe and got on the track after any incidents. Thats what AS class is all about.
Old 04-18-2011, 11:41 AM

I was obligated to teach at a double DS at MAM. I took the SM up to play with and had a really good time, but was thinking of you all as well. Ran a junk yard motor and old (2008) Toyos. Kind of like Fletch said, "It's all ball bearings, nowadays....50 wt oil and ball bearings. Got a 3rd and a 2nd. But, I sure missed the hp and torque.

Congrats to you all for a great race.

wheel
Old 04-18-2011, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wre46 View Post
You guys want to know the best part of this past weekend? It was making sure everyone was safe and got on the track after any incidents. Thats what AS class is all about.
Yes, i forgot to mention in my post that i could not thank everyone who helped me enough for their actions. It was like the whole AS field worked as a team to have fun. Chaz welding my exhaust back together, Tom and jeff helping tow my car back to my paddock spot cause of quiet hour... maybe it was just everyone helping me hahaha. You guys are awesome. Next stop is Summit Point. i know jeff is comin.. WHO ELSE!!!!!!!!!

PS. cheers to mike for duck taping that mustang back together for the win on sunday. "Who said AS cars were supposed to be pretty"
Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
tellis#51sediv

To all AS drivers at VIR,
Even with all the issues my team had this weekend we all had a great time. What a great race on both days with so many AS cars running pretty close to the same times. Jerry , you are exactly right , Danny drove a great race and was really driving the tires off that car. I am sure Pat would have did well also as these young guns are really stepping it up. Congrats to Mikey on his win , great driving!We do have a great class and a great group of drivers.

tom
Old 04-18-2011, 07:25 PM

My two cents at the crew chief. Was I ever busy, working non-stop, and exhausted! I pulled a muscle in my back on Thursday and had to slow down just a bit on Friday and Saturday, but was back up to speed on Sunday. We've been working hard on the car, the handling, the driver, and the entire process and it works well, but, I gotta tell ya, I never sat down! I was falling asleep at about 7:30, but happy as a clam!

The driving was excellent, the competition awesome, and I was proud of all of you, especially, you know who...

I've known most of you for over 10 years and you all are still a great bunch. Congrats to everyone who did an amazing job this past weekend. And thanks to everyone who pitched in not only to help us, but each other.

BTW, we power washed the car this afternoon...

Tired and still recovering, but lots to do, Pam Richardson (Danny's Mom...)