Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 12-01-2020, 11:09 AM

Kevin Fandozzi, who raced a well prepared RP Camaro, and is a very good driver, came to Hallett and broke Sean Gray's track record on his first visit. I beat him on Saturday, since he got a terrible start, but his car was competitive with mine and faster when he was not in traffic. I held the track record before Sean beat me by about .05 seconds, so my car and I are no slouches at Hallett. Restrict my engine and there is no way I could stay with him. His car was also competitive at Sonoma and, as I recall, Indy.
Old 12-01-2020, 12:43 PM

I'd like to see the rationale behind this proposed change, the data behind it.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:41 PM

Tim,
There is no rational for this change. They are trying to bring properly prepared, and well developed cars, back to where run-of-the-mill cars can compete with us. Also, they want RP cars, that are not properly developed (Kevin Fandozzi is the opposite of this) to come out and beat us.
This is beyond www.crbscca.com and you need to contact your BoD representative and tell them what you think about this change being shoved down out throat. This is where you can find them --

https://www.scca.com/pages/board-of-directors

You can send an email to all of them at bod@scca.com
Old 12-29-2020, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler View Post
Tim,
Also, they want RP cars, that are not properly developed (Kevin Fandozzi is the opposite of this) to come out and beat us.
Ooh, that's me. I like the sound of that
Old 12-29-2020, 07:36 AM

In regards to the Dec. Fast track, I'm having a hard time figuring out what this means: "Parts specific to the SS Camaro and Firehawk/WS6 Firebird in the
drivetrain/exhaust manifolds/headers/intake manifolds/intake components are not classified in American Sedan.
"

I believe the LS1 only came in the SS.

Also, why do they mention stock brakes may be used? Doesn't that go without saying?
Old 12-30-2020, 02:09 PM

I don't see anything in the January 2021 GCR about restrictor plates or rev limiters, did I miss it? I see the tire rule, there is nothing about a date on which autocross tires can be used though.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:48 PM

On "A" tires it looks like a screw up for the Jan 2021 GCR.
I thought the following was going to be the tire rule change. Racing starts in a week down south.

AS
1. #29821 (American Sedan Committee) Hoosier A7 compound tire exclusion
In AS, GCR section 9.1.6.D.6.b., tires, add as follows:
4. American Sedans may not compete or qualify on Hoosier A7 compound tires effective 06/15/2021.

Wonder if a racing memo can be issued to clarify before 2021 racing starts?
Old 12-31-2020, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PbFoot View Post
On "A" tires it looks like a screw up for the Jan 2021 GCR.
I thought the following was going to be the tire rule change. Racing starts in a week down south.

AS
1. #29821 (American Sedan Committee) Hoosier A7 compound tire exclusion
In AS, GCR section 9.1.6.D.6.b., tires, add as follows:
4. American Sedans may not compete or qualify on Hoosier A7 compound tires effective 06/15/2021.

Wonder if a racing memo can be issued to clarify before 2021 racing starts?
The effective date of 06/15/2021, if implemented for the February GCR, should be sufficient.
Old 12-31-2020, 01:21 PM

Default Restrictor plate and rev limiter

It is my understanding (if I am wrong, please someone correct me), that these two items will be taken up at the virtual convention by the BOD. And, that if they pass those items, they will be effective either March 1 or April 1, 2021.

This means that if you haven't sent in a letter yet with your view, you still have time. Suggest copying any letters to the CRB, to the BOD as well.

Pam
Old 12-31-2020, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler View Post
Kevin Fandozzi, who raced a well prepared RP Camaro, and is a very good driver, came to Hallett and broke Sean Gray's track record on his first visit. I beat him on Saturday, since he got a terrible start, but his car was competitive with mine and faster when he was not in traffic. I held the track record before Sean beat me by about .05 seconds, so my car and I are no slouches at Hallett. Restrict my engine and there is no way I could stay with him. His car was also competitive at Sonoma and, as I recall, Indy.
Fandozi was 2 seconds off the pace at Sonoma, but still 5 seconds ahead of you on the grid. He didn't establish a race time.

At Indy he was 3 seconds off the pace on grid, and managed to get within 1 second of the fast cars in the race. You were 5 seconds off the pace in the race.

At VIR he is 4 seconds off the pace in the race after a terrible qualy.

I don't mention your times to ridicule, I am just using the same frame of reference you are using for the Hallett race.

He and his Camaro don't seem to be tearing it up compared to the top car/driver combos.