Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 12-13-2020, 10:15 AM

Default January 2021 Prelims out

There are changes in the Tech Bulletin to some of the spec lines, and you should check to see if it will affect you.

In the Minutes is the letter that I sent in asking for Close ratio gear ranges for 2nd and 3rd gears. The result is a set called "Wide" with no weight penalty (all current transmissions will fit into the ranges) and "Close" with a weight penalty of 75 lbs.

Since this is a REC item, you can write a letter in support or not supporting this change. I do not know if this letter will be reviewed/decided by the BOD at their convention meeting, for implementation sometime in 2021. Or, if it will be considered for 2022. In any case, getting a letter in sooner rather than later, is always a good idea.

My goal for writing this letter was and is to reduce shock loads on the drive train caused by the large drops between 2-3 and 3-4. in the "Wide" ratios. The plan for Richardson racing, should this be approved, is to to pick a new gear set that is available and stick with it for all tracks, in order to meet the goal.

Pam
Old 12-15-2020, 05:40 PM

Default Increasing cost of ASedan

Wow, what a month.

First, restrictors.

Now we will have clutch less up-shifting with these close ratio trans becoming the new norm.

And have any of you seen the camera requirement?

I'll add my voice to those calling for letters! I've submitted mine with research and data to support my position.

Ted