Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Runoffs

Old 09-19-2013, 11:22 AM

Default Quiet?

I think everyone is pretty busy. I know we have been. Bad clutch problem that turned out to be a brand new clutch master cylinder. I can't remember how many times the trans went in and out of the car in the past two days.

The grid is set. There is a torrential downpour here with hail, lightning, thunder, darkness, and some winds. AS is supposed to be up at 9:30, don't know how many will go out. Right now things are shutdown because of the lightning.

I wish things had been easier for us, but, they tend to never be. That way I could have let you all know more. I'm only here now because it is raining so hard we can't do anything, and the car is ready, but I don't believe we will be going out.

As for anything going on between drivers, that is in the world of privacy. If the drivers themselves wish to speak up, they can. Otherwise, you should be able to read about any steward actions sometime soon in Fastrack.

Pam
Old 09-19-2013, 07:30 PM

Pam:

Thanks for the update. Stay dry! Looking ahead, we should have dry weather next year out here in CA.

I wish all of AS drivers the best of success tomorrow. Keep it safe, clean and exciting.

Darryl Seefeldt
Old 09-20-2013, 10:38 AM

Default Weather

Darryl --

Dry weather would be very nice, but, make sure it isn't too hot!

It is raining here again this morning. It rained most of last night pretty hard. This morning it was drizzling at the 3 for the closed wheel hardship and by the time cars came in from their one lapper, it was pouring pretty good.

Supposedly, we'll have more rain from noon to 1 and then by 3 it should be dry. We'll see how it goes.

About half the AS field went out for hardship.

More on the weather later. I'm wondering how long it will take for all my stuff to dry out once I get home!

Pam
Old 09-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Default Results

Morning to everyone.

The 15 car lost a motor yesterday in the race, about lap 5. No known cause at this point, but, water everywhere it should not be is a bad thing. Nothing bad in the combustion chambers so it is probably internal. Danny said as the green flag dropped he was down on power. It continued to deteriorate, though he did have some good racing for a few laps with Chris Pederson and Philip Smith. When the oil pressure went to zero, he shut it down and pulled off. No fluids on the track

We lost a lot of cars in the race, to what, I really don't know. I'm interested in hearing what did happen, especially mechanicals.

Congrats to Scott Sanda on hard charger. After his trip through the oil and the wall in practice last weekend, and 3 days in a local body shop, I was glad for him.

The top 6 are still in tech this morning. Also there have been various protests filed outside of tech. Again, everything exists in the world of privacy, so, if drivers wish to post their experiences they are certainly welcome to, but, I won't be speculating.

We spent most of the week dealing with the clutch and finally got a working system, though I know that the system for next year is not yet in place. More research.

Anyway, back to the off season to make things better!

Congrats to all our finishers in all the places. And, when the results are final, congrats to our new champion.

Pam

Last edited by PamRichardson; 09-21-2013 at 09:28 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 09-21-2013, 10:22 AM

Did someone get wrecked after the checker????? Saw some of the later live posts but I can't get the earlier ones. Pam may choose to be quiet but some one
must have something to say.

Tom
#38 Camaro
Old 09-21-2013, 01:27 PM
matthew roberts

Sounds like one and two got bounced. John should be the new winner. Matt
Old 09-21-2013, 04:19 PM

Wow....that's interesting. Tried to play Friday's video on line and it just clocks. In the good old days this forum would be buzzing.....times have changed.

Tom
Old 09-21-2013, 07:48 PM

Car 74: GCR 9.1.6.D.1.d.c.i.b

Car 42: GCR 9.1.6.D.1.d, 9.1.6.D.i.k.l.g

I can't find c.i.b, nor can I find all of car 42's stuff.

Someone more versed in the way of the GCR needs to decipher that.

I hit the wall in Mike Hendersons oil during the saturday test session. 124 MPH when the car started to rotate, 105 or so when I hit the Armco. Directly under the 3 marker in 12. Took out 6 sections of it.

Essentially tore the entire nose off the car, forward of the radiator.

Blackdog Speed shop, the most awesome of guys, and the people who have been working on this car for 3 years now, had it on a lift that evening at 10PM. The entire shop was in Sunday at 6AM, it hit the frame machine/body shop Monday AM, got back to Blackdog at 8:30 PM, and was back at RA in time for the Wednesday afternoon qual.

Unfortunately, my electric fire bottle wiring suffered a mayhem in the crash, and shorted out as I went over the apex rumples at 14, setting it off. AFFF is COOOOOLD on your nether regions.

So, started 29th, finished 13th..... no, 11th, and had a lot of fun. Big thanks also to my crew chief, Michael Pesch, for driving back to Chicago and working non stop.

I'm really saddened that this big a field won't be at RA in the future. Let's try to get 20+ to the Sprints in 2014. it will be a double, and a major.

Scott
Old 09-21-2013, 08:06 PM

Good run Scott. You and your crew worked very hard to make the Caddie fast.

Tom
Old 09-21-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas toth View Post
Wow....that's interesting. Tried to play Friday's video on line and it just clocks. In the good old days this forum would be buzzing.....times have changed.

Tom
Tom, I agree this forum used to be fired up during the Runoffs whether or not if it was speculation or fact. Come on we want some gossip
A/Sedan #75 / 76 Retired
Crew Chief #15 Steve Hynes

Mustangs are Like Women,...You Have to Put Up With a Lot of Crap to Get What You Want, But When They Perform, Life Is Good.