Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Pics and Videos

Old 11-14-2008, 04:08 PM

Default runoffs dvd

Anybody have any news about the release of the runoffs dvd?
Andy
Old 11-14-2008, 05:38 PM
abrown

Default Dvd

Yep, I am anxious to get one. I might get to see just how badly I overcompensated for a small wiggle, (or what ever dumb ass thing I did), drive the car into a wall and watch everyone else sit around while the announcers struggle to fill air time. There is also a chance I can watch them cut the top of the car. How often does anyone get that kind of opportunity?

What is a 9" Ford rear end with a third link set up for an F Body Camaro worth? I now have an extra.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrown
Yep, I am anxious to get one. I might get to see just how badly I overcompensated for a small wiggle, (or what ever dumb ass thing I did), drive the car into a wall and watch everyone else sit around while the announcers struggle to fill air time. There is also a chance I can watch them cut the top of the car. How often does anyone get that kind of opportunity?

What is a 9" Ford rear end with a third link set up for an F Body Camaro worth? I now have an extra.
Its worth keeping to use as your (road america) tall gear setup. And a spare housing worth keeping if your going to RA because we all know bad things never happen there If you have it, you won't need it.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:14 PM
abrown

Default DVD / Rear End

In a logical world where funds were not needed to build a new engine you would be correct. I may have to sacrifice the rear end and a trip to RA. Come to think of it, last time I was there a bad thing happened. I knocked the splitter and most of the nose off the old GT-1 car and we spent all Friday afternoon an evening running back and forth to Wal Mart buying fiberglass kits to go over what was left of the carbon fiber. We actually screwed it to the asphalt overnight to get the bottom to dry as flat as possible.

Come to think of it mabey I should keep the rear end.

Last edited by abrown; 11-14-2008 at 08:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:17 PM

Ah, the old screwed it to the asphalt trick.
wheel
Old 11-14-2008, 08:26 PM
abrown

Default asphalt screws

The stuff we did when we were kids.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:55 AM

Default parts bin

Its all in the master plan to have the newbie bring all the spares so if we need them we know where to go. Shawns already used you for a transmission so we just want you to carry one of everything. Is that too much to ask?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 AM

Andy,
When we were shooting the Purolator spots with Derrick Cope, at Daytona, we mounted a camera rig to the pavement on the banking in turn 3. When the track personnel were not looking, we screwed the HiHat mount right to the track with deck screws. Slapped down some gaffers tape over the screws and got the shots. When Derrick won the 500 the next year, I sent him a message claiming that Dale blew the tire when he ran over one of the screws we left in the track.
wheel
Old 11-15-2008, 12:25 PM
abrown

Default Rear End

Schaun returned it just like the got it, fresh. Bill had it rebuilt which probably cost him $1000-$1500 or so.

I am not sure about dragging around the entire axle to axle rear end. With a little bad luck it would get loose in the trailer and damage something I don' know how to fix like the golf cart. Now that I have all of these spare parts do you think I could start a leasing business?

What is the current thinking/trend on torque arms length? Like everything there are advantages and disadvantages to both long and short.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:32 PM

Default Runoffs DVD

I moved the DVD conversation to its own thread...