Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Runoffs

Old 10-29-2016, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamRichardson View Post
The ASAC is in the process of conducting a lot of research on several fronts to look at balancing cars in terms of performance. This is for ALL cars. Philip posted his questions to stimulate discussion. If forum members have ideas, please suggest them. The ASAC also has ideas and is pursuing them through this research. The new Ad Hoc will be looking at the future as well.

Just to be clear, weight is not always the answer. Sometimes small changes can help with parity. As a class we should all be working to evolve into the future so that we can continue to enjoy our class.

Pam
So you have sparked everyone's interest but leaving everything open ended. Will you be looking at restrictor plates for full prep engines? Are you considering crate engines? Are you considering modern engines in older cars? Are you considering rev limiters?
Old 10-29-2016, 01:56 PM

Default The future

At this point, I have no idea what the Ad Hoc will decide in terms of the future and how to keep the class healthy (I will not be on the committee). They have not held their first meeting. Their membership will be announced in the next Prelims (11/4 ish), should the CRB approve the letter on 11/1. At that point, if anyone has ideas, I encourage them to send the ideas to one of the members.

As for competition adjustments, as I said before, as soon as we have completed our research (and there are a few paths in progress), and the letters are approved by the CRB (aka they will appear in a Fastrack), I will alert everyone here to that.

Pam
Old 10-29-2016, 02:09 PM

Matt,
Sorry I didn't see your earlier question. SCCA put data boxes on multiple cars in multiple classes, including ASedan. All classes are treated the same. The data, which came from Aim Solo boxes, is analyzed by SCCA staff and some of our members who do automotive data for a living. Nobody who races in a class, whether a member of the AC or the CRB, sees the raw data. The various AC's request data on specific cars and staff will then send a screen grab of the data of interest.
Hope this answers your questions.
wheel
Old 10-29-2016, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamRichardson View Post
At this point, I have no idea what the Ad Hoc will decide in terms of the future and how to keep the class healthy (I will not be on the committee). They have not held their first meeting. Their membership will be announced in the next Prelims (11/4 ish), should the CRB approve the letter on 11/1. At that point, if anyone has ideas, I encourage them to send the ideas to one of the members.

As for competition adjustments, as I said before, as soon as we have completed our research (and there are a few paths in progress), and the letters are approved by the CRB (aka they will appear in a Fastrack), I will alert everyone here to that.

Pam
Pam.

I'll give you guys credit for being pro active but a little more transparency would be helpful. Such as.

Who are the members of the new ad hoc committee?

Who are the current members on the asac committee?

I know Philip is leading it. Is he on both asac and ad-hoc committees?

How can they be contacted?

Why start a thread to generate interest only to be told to basically wait and see?

All we can see is what Tom and Philip posted with regards to third gen gm cars? You might be doing good things but you are continuing on the "secret car club of America" culture that I've never liked.

I see a couple newbies jumping in. That's great but if you have sweeping changes coming keep them informed before they spend their hard earned dollars only to have their cars obsoleted. I really hope you have the big picture scoped out. Good luck
Old 10-29-2016, 04:49 PM

There is no way I am trying to be secretive. I am asking everyone to wait until 11/4 to get answers to these questions, as I need to wait for approval of letters on the CRB agenda. That call is 11/1, and the Prelims should be posted by Friday, 11/4.

Current members of the ASAC can be found on scca.com, by logging on as a member, going to the Boards and Committees area and checking it out there. There is contact info there for every member, save Dave Venhaus, who, has been a member since summer, but, the website has not been updated (I will send an email to do this).

The ASAC is recommending to the CRB that Philip Smith and Scott Sanda be liaisons to the committee. The committee will need to pick their own leader. I have encouraged them to do so within 2 weeks (like by next week sometime).

Often, the ASAC starts threads to get people's feel for things and/or to help forum members understand to watch for things coming soon.

As for "sweeping changes", that has never been the plan. Whatever the Ad Hoc comes up with, they will also be asked for the timing of their recommendations. The ASAC then needs to review/approve or not the recommendations, then the CRB, then the BOD. The Ad Hoc is looking into the future, so things will not happen one day to the next.

Your patience is requested as we go through the proper procedures.

Pam
Old 10-29-2016, 07:56 PM

Default Data

Thanks for the reply Jim. Data transparency in our class is needed.... This thread shows that everyone thinks the "other guy" has it better. So when you make some decisions (changes), I hope you will share the data you used to make the decisions. The more racers you can involve in the process the better. Also, if you need Cadillac CTS V data (not sure if you had a data box in Drew's or Scott's car but I know there wasn't one in ours) I would be willing to provide the data (AIM MX2) from the #44 Caddy at the runoffs.
Old 10-30-2016, 08:37 AM

Matt,
Thanks for the offer. I'm not sure how many cars were tagged, but I am pretty sure they got at least one of each type that were racing.
wheel
Old 10-30-2016, 08:43 AM

Default data boxes

Matt --

All Cadillacs had data boxes in them during the week (this was per the ASAC request). For the race, Tech chose to put data boxes in, I believe, the top 5 or 6 positions.

Pam
Old 10-30-2016, 08:46 AM

Default P. S.

Data boxes were put in at least 9 or 10 cars during the week (to cross the car type spectrum), not just the 3 Cadillacs.

Pam
Old 11-13-2016, 09:29 AM

Sorry been away.

This Thread has taken some turns!

The long shot from the outside did look unusual.
But having made a few laps at mid-O. I Feel Jim was on His Race line.
And Did Not Deviate. Leaving way more room on the inside to make a pass.