Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Runoffs

Old 10-12-2016, 08:37 PM

pmadden,

I don't know you or anything about your experience or expertise. Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I have 41 years of racing under my belt, including with SCCA, USAC, NORA, HDRA, Pro Rally, and couple of others. I have never protested any other driver for anything - until I filed a protest on Friday. In addition, I was a film maker for 30 years and know something about what a long lens does to the perception of a video clip.
This will be my last post on the subject. If you are smart, it will also be your last.

wheel
Old 10-13-2016, 06:46 AM

i have very little racing experience and no video experience. i am only stating what i see the video shows. what do you mean, if i am smart that would have been my last post? this is the place to discuss these kinds of things, you started the post, not me. i am just stating my opinions of the videos. no need for threats. wow
Old 10-13-2016, 07:51 AM

If you watch the video of other cars exiting the Keyhole turn you will see that the line Jim took was the same as everyone else. Mr. Sloe had plenty of room to safely pass and he chose not to use it.

2016 AS RO's survivor
Old 10-13-2016, 11:23 PM

Jim looks clean on both contacts, used a car width plus a foot on the second contact.... there was a ton of room. However if Tom was being as aggressive as the first contact he may not have been able to use less track on the track out. Which also isn't Jim's fault.

Seems like a smoke screen to cover the real issue, the ambush.

Tom
#38 Camaro
Old 10-14-2016, 07:11 AM

Say what you want about the second body contact incident. I come back to the video at 5:50. Purely avoidable contact where the yellow mustang dives for the apex, pretending the car that is being overtaken isn't even there. That move in and of itself merits a penalty or a hearing. Period.

Look back through all of the archived runoffs videos of AS. Count the number of car to car incidents and how many times the same driver/car is involved.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:43 AM
Fordfan

Talking Intentional hits

Wow what a load of crap,the videos I have seen,clearly show the #20 pontiac intentionally hitting the #156 mustang twice.The second hit was a clear assult on the mustang for lapping him.Should the SCCA be taking a closer look at YOU, wait arent you on the board.
Old 10-14-2016, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordfan View Post
Wow what a load of crap,the videos I have seen,clearly show the #20 pontiac intentionally hitting the #156 mustang twice.The second hit was a clear assult on the mustang for lapping him.Should the SCCA be taking a closer look at YOU, wait arent you on the board.
For this opinion to have any merit, we would need to know who you are. Not knowing who you are makes the statement nothing more than an anonymous forum flame job...

The first contact between the 156 and 20 for position was on the mustang in my opinion. Intentional? I don't think so. But you tell me where the 20 was supposed to go? Was he supposed to disappear? Was he supposed to come to a stop?

I would agree that the race coverage makes it look like the 20 took a swing on the 2nd incident... Look at the race coverage and #20 in-car videos of the second contact. AND, go back and watch how other cars are tracking out coming out of keyhole. Many examples of cars having to come back to the right on track out. I would say the 20 needed to make sure he stayed left and the 156 needed to give more room. A pass without contact requires both drivers to cooperate. They didn't... Predictable outcome. Maybe video from the 156 would say different. Saying it's an assault is an interesting perspective.

For reference: the opening lap contact between 156 and 20 was a racing deal that the driver of the 156 has raced enough to have known better to try in the first place. Takes two drivers to cooperate for a non-contact pass...

The only contact from the 2016 Runoffs that's been discussed here that I would state was intentional (which I'm NOT saying was assault since that's not for me to decide) was the 156 waiting to hit the 24 on the final lap.

Lost in all of this is the race that Ed Hosni drove until he had his issue.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:35 PM

Owning up to a statement is the key, as Tom has said.
Anybody can be keyboard tough !
Old 10-14-2016, 01:00 PM

pbfoot, the video does show the 20 coming over to the right in my opinion. i watched the in car he posted, it still looks like he came over. i am saying tom did not hit him. what was the outcome of the protest from wheeler?

Mark Allen, i believe the first one was protested also? what was the outcome of it? the 1st one could be chocked up to a racing incident but not done on purpose. i tried to upload video that i have but i can't get it to upload. i will get someone to figure out and get it up. it gives a great perspective on it.
Old 10-14-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmadden View Post
pbfoot, the video does show the 20 coming over to the right in my opinion. i watched the in car he posted, it still looks like he came over. i am saying tom did not hit him. what was the outcome of the protest from wheeler?

Mark Allen, i believe the first one was protested also? what was the outcome of it? the 1st one could be chocked up to a racing incident but not done on purpose. i tried to upload video that i have but i can't get it to upload. i will get someone to figure out and get it up. it gives a great perspective on it.
pmadden, I don't know who you are either, but you have shared your opinion clearly. Others don't agree. My opinion is above. You are now sounding like a lawyer looking for a conviction. Not sure if you are an SCCA member or not, but protest/court of appeals outcomes are published in Fastrack. Usually November before the Runoffs protest truths are published.

Let this go. Only the drivers really know what was intentional or not.

Here are some other topics we could talk about: Andy won, Ed got his heart ripped out and Philip drove a steady race to 3rd. Or, we could talk about the 2 cars essentially made their debut at the Runoffs (Heinricy and Cattell) and ran up front. Or, that 2 of the Cadillacs (Cattell in particular) were fast. Or that the 3rd gen F-cars deserve a weight reduction (checking to see if anybody was still reading).