Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 06-04-2012, 07:08 PM

Danny:

How did the Autogear Tranny work?

Thanks,

Darryl
Old 06-04-2012, 11:06 PM

Darryl,

When i first started racing back in 04 the t-10 was bulletproof. We would take it out once a year to get syncros replaced and maybe a gear but that is it. Before the change to the muncie it was pulling the t-10 every weekend. I was granny shifting and praying that the trans would last through the race. We have the Muncie in for two solid National weekends now and it just keeps begging for more. You could never shift the t-10 in the middle of a corner. With the Muncie, it has a slight crunch but goes back to normal for the next shift. Just the reliability alone has improved our game tremendously. As for the lateral crunch. George at Autogear is working very hard at improving this. He has had many conversations with both me and momma dukes. He will recieve the trans in the coming weeks and get to tear into it and give a further report im sure. All in all, i could not be happier with it. It is reliable, strong, and takes whatever i have thrown at it so far. I am sure with George working as hard as he is, this near perfect trans will only get better with time. If i had to make a recommendation(after speaking with people running dog boxes) the muncie is dam close to a dog box as far as capability. In my personal opinion, i would NOT trade the miniscule difference between the performance of the dogbox and muncie for the weight penalty any day.

If anyone has any questions about the Muncie and what makes it awesome. Call autogear and talk to George. They are very open and interested in what we are doing as a class.

I hope this helps,

Danny

Last edited by Danny"TheKid"Richardson; 06-05-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Changed would to would NOT trade... late night
Old 06-05-2012, 11:06 AM

Default Muncie Transmission

Danny:

Thanks for the update on the Muncie tranny. Glad to hear it's working well and that it's holding up.

Darryl
Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 PM

Anyone running dog boxes and were there any lp cars?
Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM

Default NJMP results

Ted --

Jerry Post has a dog box. All were FP cars.

Pam
Old 06-07-2012, 01:38 AM

Charlie

Quote:
Greetings... have not seen you for quite a while, but I'll be there Sunday to cheer Danny in the AS race, so I hope to see you (and the Teals) then.
I'm sorry that I missed you on Sunday - it would have been nice to catch up

Quote:
Just think... it was a mere 41 years ago that you and I were in the same race group at Summit Point in 1971 !
I guess we were both competing with minor waivers

Terry
Old 06-07-2012, 01:40 AM

Default Jersey Devil Results

The complete results for the 2012 Jersey Devil NESCCA National are on the NESCCA page of the Northeast Division web site

http://www.nediv.com/images/results/...erseydevil.pdf

The South Jersey Region would like to thank everybody who contributed to the success of the Jersey Devil

Terry
Old 06-07-2012, 12:22 PM

Terry,

Indeed... sorry to have missed you. But I knew you were very busy as Chief Steward. Congratulations on a very successful National event!

- Charlie