Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 05-24-2012, 06:02 PM

Default Jersey Devil NESCCA National at NJMP

The South Jersey Region will be conducting the Jersey Devil NESCCA National races on the Thunderbolt Raceway circuit of New Jersey Motorsports Park on 2-3 June

There will be a separate SCCA Test Day on Friday, 1 June on Thunderbolt.

Online registration is now open at on the DLB site - Select South Jersey Region as the Club to see the event calender.

Supps and Schedule ... Register ... Entry List

Terry
Old 05-29-2012, 06:14 PM

Default NJMP National

Terry,

Greetings... have not seen you for quite a while, but I'll be there Sunday to cheer Danny in the AS race, so I hope to see you (and the Teals) then.

Just think... it was a mere 41 years ago that you and I were in the same race group at Summit Point in 1971 !

It is wonderful to see the current growth in AS fields despite this difficult economy. I hope NESSCA also sees success in the NEDIV.

- Charlie Richardson
Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM

8 Cars SIGNED UP!!!!! LEAVING TODAY LETS GET SOME MORE PEOPLE!!!!!
Old 06-02-2012, 03:04 PM

Q1
1) 61 Amy Aquilante Chevy Camaro 1:31.091
2) 15 Daniel Richardson Chevy Camaro 1:31:983
3) 47 J.W. Brewer Jr. Chevy Camaro 1:34:933
4) 8 Jerry Post Chevy Camaro 1:34:994
5) 01 Kent Johnson Ford Mustang 1:35:198
6) 85 Matt Naegle Chevy Camaro 1:35.619
7) 50 Beth Aquilante Pontiac Firebird 1:36.434
8) 88 Scott Gorg Chevy Camaro 1:38.105
9) 6 Joseph Balbi 1:39.733

Track Record: 1:30.4 (Michael Lavigne)
Old 06-02-2012, 06:30 PM

Final Grid

1) 61 Amy Aquilante Chevy Camaro 1:31.091
2) 15 Daniel Richardson Chevy Camaro 1:31:879
3) 8 Jerry Post Chevy Camaro 1:32.947
4) 01 Kent Johnson Ford Mustang 1:33:951
5) 50 Beth Aquilante Pontiac Firebird 1:34.273
6) 85 Matt Naegle Chevy Camaro 1:34.647
7) 47 J.W. Brewer Jr. Chevy Camaro 1:34:933
8) 6 Joseph Balbi 1:36.886
9) 88 Scott Gorg Chevy Camaro 1:38.105

Track Record: 1:30.4 (Michael Lavigne)
Old 06-02-2012, 08:10 PM

With 9 cars at NJMP and 10 cars at Mid-Ohio, that looks very encouraging to see AS qualified as a "Majors" class for 2013!

Good luck to all.

- Charlie Richardson
Old 06-04-2012, 08:21 AM

Default NJMP results

Way more details later. Very busy week with Summit Point (my first race of the year) this next weekend.

Finals were:

Richardson
Amy Aquilante

Brewer, Beth Aquilante and Naegle weren't running at the finish.

Not sure which was next, Balbi or Gorg (Mom was paying WAY too much attention to Danny and Amy). They had an awesome race! Nose to tail over half the race and side by side on, I think the last lap in the twistees (and NO touches). Who would bauble or whose tires would give just a bit? I'll let Danny comment more on that when he can.

I can say there were all four galactically proud parents/racers in attendance grinning from ear to ear.

The sons and daughters of ASedan are here and doing well!

And, huge congrats to Jerry Post who made an awesome move at the start to get by Amy and Danny. The podium had two 24 year olds (born a month apart) and one of the original ASedaners!!!

It really doesn't get much better!

Pam
Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 PM

Congratulations to Danny and to one very proud A Sedan bureaucrat! I knew things would get better with Pam in charge! Congratulations, too, to Amy Aquilante for an outstanding weekend --- definitely someone to watch!
-George
Old 06-04-2012, 02:47 PM

What a great race!!! Most fun i have ever had. Amy is VERY FAST. The girl can definitely drive and i would like to formally invite her to Shake and Bake Racing! hahaha.

Green Flag dropped, Jerry Post went to the inside of Amy and I and for a second there were three wide down the front straight. We all fell in line for turn one with the order being Post-> Me-> Amy. After a few laps of three way nose to tail action and a lot off ass ends sliding i got by Jerry in Turn 1 under braking. More nose to tail action ensued for a few more laps then Amy got by Jerry. Continuing the nose to tail action we came to lap traffic and it became a game of chess as Amy and I weaved in out of the back of the pack. Every time i would get through a hole i looked up and saw she followed me right through. I could not get her off my tail. She made a few moves under braking and tried doing some really strong maneuvers and never got a good enough run until the second to last lap. With both of our old beat up tires, she got a huge jump on me into turn 5. We came out of 5 door-to-door and stayed that way until almost the front straight. That is literally just over a minute of door-door action. While we were next to each other the two of us managed to hold a constant slide through every turn. It looked like a freaking rally race hahahaha. I came out in front on the straight and received the 1 Lap to go sign with Amy close enough to my ass to smell my lunch. We stayed nose to tail all the way until the black and white. Not a scratch on either car. Apparently anyone who was at the track was going crazy watching to two of us battle.

I spoke to Amy after the race and with both of us grinning from ear to ear.. i think we both won that race. Here you have Me driving my parents old car and Amy driving her dads old car and we were battling old school style with old crappy tires and rubber slinging like Asedan was designed. After hugging a teary eyed mother and shaking Toms hand (Tom smiling so big it could have broken his cheekbones) it solidified that this class isn't dying. This class is getting better by the day.

I'm done till the runoffs. Cant wait to see everyone there. Gonna try and convince Amy to get back in that camaro and help me and Pat take down you old farts.

See you in Wisconsin

Danny

PS. First you have to Shake It
Old 06-04-2012, 06:15 PM
JAL

Super race Danny..... You youngsters need to take it easy on the old timers.... 85 had a tough day at the track but will be back at the Glen.