Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 01-31-2019, 09:57 AM

First season for our current car was 2016 scott.

Couple of questions that were asked of me privately:

Why was Kevin thrown out of World Challenge Rule Making?

Why was Kevin cast out from the Touring World?
Old 01-31-2019, 11:55 AM

Danny,

Your posts should be backed up with a bit more information and data to be fair to the person you are implying about.

Should we demonize the outgoing asac members who either quit or forced out? I don't think that would be fair to them either
Old 01-31-2019, 12:33 PM

Kevin was a valuable and trusted member of the CRB during the time he served with me. Although we disagreed on some things, I do not question his integrity or his motives. I believe he is an honorable man who acts, as he sees it, for the benefit of the Club. I feel the same way about Peter Keane, who is the new Chairman of the CRB. There are three new members of the CRB, Tim Myers, who was with us as a non-voting member for the last six months, and Steve Strickland, who came on in December. I do not know the other new member.

Last edited by jimwheeler; 01-31-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:37 PM

Ted
Not demonizing anything.

I don't have the answers to those questions and I hope they are harmless. Just questions that scared me when they were asked to me
Old 01-31-2019, 12:46 PM

"Kevin was a valuable and trusted member of the CRB during the time he served with me. Although we disagreed on some things, I do not question his integrity or his motives. I believe he is an honorable man who acts, as he sees it, for the benefit of the Club. I feel the same way about Peter Keane, who is the new Chairman of the CRB."

You may believe this Jim, but these two do not feel the same towards you.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:18 PM

Default Some Context

To answer Thomas--Yes There are new RP builds taking place--I have built two in the past 5 years. One is a fresh build, being picked up today, the other a couple of years ago. A competitive 4th gen can be built for well under 20K
if you know what parts to use and what parts to spend money on. that is half the cost of a used SMG car. We are looking to build one or two more RP F-body's in the next year.
There are now approx 6 to 8 A Sedan cars here in Calif., that will be looking for another place to race.
Every Single A/S racer I have talked to is very angry about the CRB/BOD decision.

I will mention this---in Late August of last year I was contacted by Kevin F about the future of A/S---A long phone conversation ensued---He mentioned (among other things), thinking the SMG cars were the way to go and I informed him the numbers were hyped, they are too expensive, and that it would be a mistake. I attempted to sway him in the direction I thought would be beneficial for the class---
Fast forward--our situation now---As it appears the CRB and the BOD are going to support Kevin F. and the small group of SMG racers and shops. Per the letters sent out--The old A/Sedan is not the new direction--replaced with a different vision and philosophy-and I would imagine they hope that the old A/S cars will keep the class viable.
I fully expect big splitters and wings on ALL A/S cars within a year--and power improvers or coyote engines in the SMG cars within a year, and engine options like in GT. Proper splitters and Wings can easily cost thousands.
Most of us have been around A/S long enough to know that the assumptions made in the letter about the existing cars in A/S is absolutely BS, and that either they were looking for excuses and fabricated them, or they they are terribly misinformed.
It is all spelled out in the letter--exactly what the intention is.

Everyone voicing an opinion on this site has a degree of power--your participation and dollars---If you don't like what you see, you don't buy it.
All A/S drivers and owners can continue to post here and VENT--(which is all it really is!--but necessary) or you can give the CRB, BOD and others a message.
It is all up to you--.
If you like what John Blanchard has done--then go race with their group, Some out here in Calif. won't run "Majors" races, some may race in other classes like ITE, or with other organizations. Out here in Calif. the consensus is "We want to have fun Racing".
There are choices--and it is about FUN.
It has become pretty obvious that the powers that be don't get that!
Old 01-31-2019, 01:35 PM

For those that are not in the know. there was an interesting conversation between Peter Keane and Kevin Fandozzi that happened after one of our ASAC calls. I took notes after that conversation. I think it is time now for everyone to know the type of people that have our best interest in our class. This is my notes of that conversation which was sent to Pam the next day.

Pam-

Last night I stayed on the conference call and overheard Kevin and Peter in some kind of collusion with each other which was very disturbing.
Here are a few bullet points that I made.

• Kevin calls peter and asks if he said to much. (Don’t want to let everyone what they are up to?)
• Peter makes a remark about Jim’s comment about the data for 2019 and calls him an idiot and says if he keeps it up that he will fire him.
• Kevin says did you see what Pam did to the WDYT Peters response is.. she is an idiot and if she thinks that is going to fly she will be fired too.
• I am not really sure what was said about Andy or who said but I know was called an idiot also…
• Kevin makes a remark about transmissions and states that he is not going to spend $5000 on transmission but thinks getting what he wants through is funny
These comments makes it pretty clear that Kevin and Peter have their own agenda for our class, which it is not for the betterment. These two should be helping us improve instead they chose to slander the current CRB chair and the committee chair along with it members.

In my opinion these two should be removed from their current roles and replaced with two people that are willing to help us not hinder.

Tom

These two are the ones that are now in charge for the direction of our class.....
Old 01-31-2019, 01:39 PM

Insult my friends and family now I don't care about your character. Because you have none.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:39 PM

Fyi, I was told about this conversation quiet some time ago. It isn't something Tom just made up for the purposes of this thread.

Please don't vote with your feet. That is exactly what the desired outcome is. AS participation continues to drop due to SMG, then the CRB has an excuse to drop AS as a National class, it becomes regional only. SMG gets a power mod and goes back into T2.

Net result, one less national class, since they created another class no one asked for or wanted with GTX.

Run Majors, especially west coast. Mechanically protest the heads, cams and throttle body. They are supposed to be stock, no porting, no polishing, etc.

Don't protest dyno at rear wheels. it is way way to easy to have overlaid maps that change the car to a "dyno" map.

Just do the guys that turn faster times than the fastest AS car.

Scott
Old 01-31-2019, 03:35 PM

Scott--I respectfully disagree--
The desired outcome is not to Kill A/S--I think those in power actually believe that the SMG cars are what newcomers want.
Most current A/S racers run in regionals already.
SMG cars are already in T2
No one out here is going to spend the thousands to protest anyone--