Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Rules

Old 01-25-2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomics View Post
The RP Camaro already was competitive. It's been on the podium at Runoffs several recent years. This is just picking and choosing which cars they want to win. Can I start writing letters to get more for my fox Mustang? I can but won't get it because I'm not on a committee or rules board. System is broken.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. What a fantastic system we have LMFAO!!!
Old 01-25-2019, 08:08 AM

Default Stand up!

Maybe its time to stand up and be heard, instead of some of the things I have read about what you all plan to do.

I have been given guidance to send letters directly to the Board of Directors. (bod@scca.com).

When last I heard info that came from the BOD, the guidance from them was to NOT escalate the costs and rules for RP cars and to keep the FP rules as is. This may not have changed. I can't say for sure.

Whether or not you believe what I am telling you, please at least consider it. When the 2012-2018 ASAC was in place, we made BOP adjustments based totally on data and what the best driver could do in any given car. Nuff said.

That does not appear to me what is happening at this point. In 2018, the ASAC received requests to give more to the Challenger. The author had never run a Majors with the car, so the ASAC asked him to in 2019, we would take data, and evaluate BOP for 2020. As you can tell, that process is not happening for that car.

As for the RP 4th Gen, the 2018 ASAC worked to give the car the clutch, flywheel and an FP transmission and was planning to get data in 19 to determine if the car needed more. The BOD pulled back the trans, saying they did not want to be changing what an RP car is. There was still intent to determine what lighter clutches and flywheels would do (with data) to the performance of the car and possibly make changes if needed for 2020.

All that is now gone with the new ASAC. If you log on to scca.com, go to your profile page, and find Boards and Committees, you can see who are the new members of the ASAC. In addition, there are two known CRB members who have an agenda for AS. I will not name them here, but, their identity could easily be guessed. Those same two CRB members spent all of 2018 pushing the ASAC to develop changes to the rules (major ones) and then did not move the changes forward, tying up the ASAC for the entire year.

There's a lot afoot here, and if you want to keep your class, you are going to have to let that be known. Consider the guidance I received to send letters directly to the BOD. Note that when SMG came out, I gave the new ASAC the benefit of the doubt that they might not know the SMG history, so I sent a letter to the ASAC explaining why that was not a good idea. Unofficially, I received guidance that "we have moved on".

Pam
Old 01-25-2019, 06:14 PM

Sort of looks like this was all just waiting in the wings to happen until Pam and Wheel were out of the way.

So how do we send a letter directly to the BOD? I have tried to answer some of the WDYT letters on the SCCA website and I don't think I was ever successful. Some specific directions would be helpful.

Thanks
Old 01-25-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastandyracing View Post
Sort of looks like this was all just waiting in the wings to happen until Pam and Wheel were out of the way.

So how do we send a letter directly to the BOD? I have tried to answer some of the WDYT letters on the SCCA website and I don't think I was ever successful. Some specific directions would be helpful.

Thanks
Of course. When you can't get what you want..... just get rid of the ones preventing it. DUH
Old 01-25-2019, 07:14 PM

Default Letter to the BOD

Fast Andy --

Send an email to bod@scca.com.

And you are absolutely correct in your assessment of what happened in 2018.

Pam
Old 01-26-2019, 10:53 AM

Default Thank you

Hi, Pam,

I just want to say thanks for all your work on behalf of AS. Unless someone has volunteered before they have no idea how much time, effort and money it costs to work for the benefit of their club or organization in a volunteer capacity. Thanks, again. Even if you don't get much feedback, all the AS racers have benefited from your input and efforts.

Nothing SCCA does surprises me any more having been racing since 1969. Good people like you try to make a difference but thanks to the capricious nature of the club politics all the years of work can be wiped out and subverted with the stroke of a keyboard. Too bad.

I wish the new CRB and ASAC members good luck and hope they listen to the AS community. I've already done as you suggested and sent letters to the CRB and BoD. I wonder how many David Ray had generated from his customer base with Hooked on Driving to sway the new group?

So I'll just keep on being happy to be on the track.

regards, Richard

Last edited by Richard Pryor; 01-26-2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: boy am I a bad speller, even with auto spell