Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Off-Topic

Old 11-01-2010, 06:53 AM

Default R.i.p.

R.I.P Pontiac.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:01 AM

You OK Wheel? Do we need to have someone on watch? I mean, this is worse than having a dog die, so I'm really worried for you.

Maybe they'll have a Buick version of the Camaro.

You just know that someone inside the GM Ren Cen has already thought about it...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:02 AM

I'm just wondering if they will make a Buick Solstice/Skye. That's a pretty nice car. I would hate to see it go.

wheel
Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM

Default chevelle instead

Jim,

I know your not a fan of the new camaro but if they build this chevelle, that could be an alternative for you?

Old 11-01-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler View Post
I'm just wondering if they will make a Buick Solstice/Skye. That's a pretty nice car. I would hate to see it go.

wheel
I think it might already be gone. But who knows... They were supposed to bring that platform to Bowling Green so more than Corvette would be built there. That platform altho heavy, wasn't that bad.

The Skye could be the perfect Buick. I mean, the Regal is what the Aura was supposed to be. Just drag out all those unused Reatta badges, swap out the grille and BAM! We have a new Buick roadster. I should send in my resume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Johnson View Post
Jim,

I know your not a fan of the new camaro but if they build this chevelle, that could be an alternative for you?

You sure that isn't the CheVOLLTe?

Last edited by t4wallace; 11-01-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: More sarcasm.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:59 AM

This has a bit of the Acura grill look. Not bad. Although I hate the Acura grill.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:03 PM
Kevin P. McClain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimwheeler View Post
R.I.P Pontiac.
I feel your pain. I'm a Dodge guy, but the only G.M. products I ever owned were 3 Pontiac's. A '60 Catalina, a '64 Bonneville, and a '72 Sprint (no power steering or brakes)
Old 11-01-2010, 12:06 PM

I had a 1967 GTO convertible (in 68). Raced a USAC Firebird in the Pikes Peak Hill Climb, 1982 Firebird first AS car, 1992 Firebird current AS car.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:56 PM
Walther

In 1968 I got my first tricycle!

I've always been a Ford guy, but I don't get this move by G.M. The new GTO was a neat piece, and the G8's, Solstice and so forth seemed to be selling really well, at least in this neck of the woods. Pontiac is gone, but Buick stays? Strange.

And I am comfortable enough in my Ford-ism to admit the new Camaro is fricking cool, and they should go forward with that Chevelle concept car too.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:42 PM

GM has a long history of finally getting something right, then canceling it. Even as far back as the Corvair, more recently, the Fiero. When they came out as a 4 cyl commuter car they were miserable, when they finally sported them up and put in a V6, they were supposed to be very nice, what did GM do, cancel it.

Then remember the Impala SS of recent years, when that boat first came out, not even grandparents would buy it, put in a hot motor, some big wheels, lower it a bit, and wow, cool car, they seemed to be everywhere for a while, what did GM do, cancel it.

I am a Ford guy to the core, my first car was a 1964 T-bird that I inherited from my parents (I still have it, but wow is it rusty, can't say much for Fords rust prevention progam in the 60's), and am now racing an 83 Mustang, I can't even imagine racing a GM product. So while I enjoy just about any cool car, it never surprises me what GM will cancel.

Andy