Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 03-22-2014, 07:52 AM

Default Atlanta

Difficult weekend so far, my throw out bearing literally exploded on the test day, and due to a number of issues, iit took until late afternoon Friday to get it all back together.

Will do the 10 min qual this morning, mainly to make sure everything works.

Times: Tom Ellis is on pole with a 38, everyone else is 40ish. Where I qual almost doesn't matter, the AS cars are all in a bunch at the very back of the grid.
Old 03-23-2014, 11:55 AM

Tom won yesterday, with the rest of the pack pretty close together. Dennis broke his trans, and went home. I watched the race from the sidelines after I had a second lap electrical failure. Haunted car this weekend.

On the plus side, I'm still on the same set of wheels I started the test day on.

It looks like the rain is going to miss us. If it does, great. If it does not, I'm packing it up. Call me chicken, but after a bad weekend, I do not want to do turn 12 in the rain.......
Old 03-23-2014, 12:31 PM

Scott,
Sorry about your tough luck. One good thing is that the weekend counts as a finish for the Majors route to the Runoffs. You just don't score points unless you go half way.
wheel
Old 03-24-2014, 10:12 AM

Congrats to Tom Ellis for the sweep at Atlanta, and to Al Wheatley and Lynn Broglin for the podium

http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/...Race2a-Gp4.pdf.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:42 AM
tellis#51sediv

Default Road Atlanta

It was great seeing everyone and great racing with 7 AS cars bunched up for the start. Al really kept me honest driving Brian's old car and stayed close and even gained on me a times. Tony was right behind him followed by Scott, Dainton,and Jerry. I really felt bad for Scott ( clutch) Dennis ( rear end) and Jerry ( engine issues) and the issues they were having to deal with. Overall was a great weekend with nice weather as the rain stopped and track cleared before our race on Sunday. Hope to see everyone again soon.

te
Old 03-25-2014, 05:36 AM

Big thanks to Tom and his crew. Without their help, we never would have gotten the car apart and back together.

I hope Jerry's car is ok after the green GT 1 pushed him off the track in 7.