Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Misc > Polls

View Poll Results: How many entries are needed in a race for you to feel like you really want to enter?
at least 2 others 2 14.29%
at least 3 others 2 14.29%
at least 5 others 5 35.71%
at least 7 others 1 7.14%
at least 10 others 4 28.57%
more than 15 others 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Default Poll: How many entries does it take to be interesting/enticing?

The question is: How many other entries does it take for you to really feel that you want/need to be at that race?
1993 Firebird AS #03 Oregon Region SCCA & ICSCC
Old 11-27-2012, 11:10 AM

Well, as a regional guy, if we get 3 or 4 other entries, it is a great weekend for AS.

Now this last weekend at Sebring, I had one of the best races I ever had with a Porsche, running almost identical lap times, but in completely different ways, we must have passed each other 7 or 8 times in the course of 3 or 4 laps, he finally got by me for good, when I missed third (the tranny had been giving me some trouble, and third gear synch is just about gone).

There were three other AS cars registered, and I rarely saw them on the track, so as long as there is someone to race, I am happy

Andy
Old 11-27-2012, 11:17 AM

Default it only takes one

More is obviously better, but if the racing is close, one competitor is enough to keep it interesting
Old 11-27-2012, 01:53 PM

In Midiv we have had seasons where I was the only car at many of the races and seasons where we averaged seven or eight cars per event. At some races there were 12 ASedans. With that many cars there were three fast cars, two or three really slow cars and a clump in the middle. I was totally embarrassed at a National win where there were no other ASedans. I didn't even save that trophy. On the other hand, one of my best wins was against Sean Grey, and one against Chris Brannon - (although he won on Sat and I won on Sun) when there were only three cars in the race, but we were all together for the whole race.
wheel