Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Pics and Videos

Old 07-15-2008, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Johnson
Runoffs at the ring? Can an AS car do a full lap?
This brought coffee to the lap top screen.

1st time the car jumps = exhaust smashed shut
2nd time the car jumps = rear suspension failure
For the cars that make it to the 3rd jump = headers dislocated from the heads

Assuming, of course, we don't wreck each other by turn 17. That's somewhere between the first and second jump.

I'd be in for tryin.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:31 PM
KW78

Quote:
Hey Kyle,

I don't know what the official time is with this guy but I think he would give ol Stuck a run. Still one of my favorites too.

Runoffs at the ring? Can an AS car do a full lap?
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...eryy_69572.htm

UGH.... So the Porschuh is about 2 seconds faster...

I sinc'd them up on one of the early overhead bridges... Through the twisties it looks like the M3 gains about a second per minute, then when the Whale tail porshhhu holds him up he loses all of that, then the first 3 or 4 gear straight he's behind, makes it all up and then some and the last straight gives it back... About a count of 2 when they get back to the "track"....

Maybe I'll do it again with an actual stopwatch.

But, the purse had no traffic, and a pace car?! Is there actual racing there?

Kyle
Old 07-15-2008, 12:33 PM
KW78

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairlane_68

And Kyle...that gear whine in that video makes me wanna go strip out the interior of my car just to hear it. ....

Oh, there's no need to do all that work... Just take a lap or two with one of the chevy guys... you'll hear lot's of whining there...
Old 07-15-2008, 12:37 PM
KW78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASGTO
Pretty amazing what a good driver and a "real" race car can do. We all have tracks with 10+ corners that we feel like we are good on and are our favorites. It takes alot to drive the perfect lap without screwing up a corner. Can you imagine having that feeling on the Nurburgring??? You know where you felt like you personally drove the perfect lap on it.

Fun to watch. Thanks for posting Kyle.
Now this harldy compares... probably... but this sentiment is EXACTLY why I go on and on about GOING TO MILLER!!!

24 corners, and I have yet to feel like an 80% lap, let alone a perfect one....
Old 07-15-2008, 02:44 PM

Default woof

Quote:
Originally Posted by KW78
Oh, there's no need to do all that work... Just take a lap or two with one of the chevy guys... you'll hear lot's of whining there...
Overdogs (Ford drivers) don't whine, they just bark at those that do.

Old 07-15-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
UGH.... So the Porschuh is about 2 seconds faster...

I sinc'd them up on one of the early overhead bridges... Through the twisties it looks like the M3 gains about a second per minute, then when the Whale tail porshhhu holds him up he loses all of that, then the first 3 or 4 gear straight he's behind, makes it all up and then some and the last straight gives it back... About a count of 2 when they get back to the "track"....

Maybe I'll do it again with an actual stopwatch.

But, the purse had no traffic, and a pace car?! Is there actual racing there?

Kyle
Two things I saw. Porch appears to have an h pattern gear box. Hanzys is sequential. Whats a sequential box worth for lap times on an AS car on typical 2.??? road course, let alone 14 miles? Porsche totally slows down for a couple seconds for a waving double yellow flag early in the run. He had to have lost 2 seconds for stomping on the brakes. I know... A european driver obeying a yellow flag? Chalk that one up. And yes they still have racing there. A 24 hour race too. Boris has ran it in a bimmer a few times.

Last edited by Ted Johnson; 07-15-2008 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:11 PM
KW78

Quote:
Two things I saw. Porch appears to have an h pattern gear box. Hanzys is sequential. Whats a sequential box worth for lap times on an AS car on typical 2.??? road course, let alone 14 miles? Porsche totally slows down for a couple seconds for a waving double yellow flag early in the run. He had to have lost 2 seconds for stomping on the brakes. I know... A european driver obeying a yellow flag? Chalk that one up. And yes they still have racing there. A 24 hour race too. Boris has ran it in a bimmer a few times.
I'll have to watch it again, with a watch.

I did see the yellow, but don't think is was as much of a delay as the traffic. Didn't see what it was for tho.

Hans' isn't sequential, or you mean a dog box. True, but don't know what that'd be worth.... although I'm pretty sure Andy shifts like Hans.. Wait... wasn't a dog T-10 around and technically legal....

I have seen the 24 hour on tv, but it is just inside the stadium I think. I would be shocked if they have races on the long course, but if they do maybe a summer there is in order....

BTW I don't think our cars will be jumping, these have about 90MPH on us... well maybe not the new aluminum headed DZ302..

BTW, I'm throwing down to GM right here and now ... I can drive their ZO6 vette faster than their driver can on this course.. without a doubt... I would be seconds and seconds faster.... and I'm willing to prove it next time they are there... just fly me over and let me show you...
Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
fairlane_68

Quote:

BTW, I'm throwing down to GM right here and now ... I can drive their ZO6 vette faster than their driver can on this course.. without a doubt... I would be seconds and seconds faster.... and I'm willing to prove it next time they are there... just fly me over and let me show you...
You'll need an interpreter...

French, German, Japanese, Korean...what's your poison?
Old 07-15-2008, 08:32 PM

<I have seen the 24 hour on tv, but it is just inside the stadium I think. I would be shocked if they have races on the long course, but if they do maybe a summer there is in order....>>

Prepare to be shocked!!!! Full grand prix course and Old course. Wheel to wheel, traffic, v8 (like us) flat out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2ouqYW1_g

BTW, I'm throwing down to GM right here and now ... I can drive their ZO6 vette faster than their driver can on this course.. without a doubt... I would be seconds and seconds faster.... and I'm willing to prove it next time they are there... just fly me over and let me show you... [/quote]

I'll send you the training program for underpowered chevys and safety items.

For Kyle only...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HND1_lov_BI

Last edited by Ted Johnson; 07-15-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
BTW I don't think our cars will be jumping, these have about 90MPH on us... well maybe not the new aluminum headed DZ302..
LS3/Z51 cars jump with some authority, so an AS will too. Especially since they're generating speed on a production tire and I assume for our purposes we'd be on the usual race tire of your choice.

Quote:
I can see it now.

Kyle: Yeah, I'm here to drive the ZR1 today.
German Guard Dude: Your name again?
Kyle: Kyle. Kyle Watkins.
German Dude (Distracted by the rerun of the Dukes of Hazard being shown on his 8-inch) comes back and says: We've been expecting you. Your car is right over there. (He points to a 1.3L diesel-powered Opel).
Kyle: So I take that down to the pits to get to where the Corvettes are, yes?
German Guard Dude: Nyet. Says here, that's what your scheduled to drive for the 1.3L diesel-powered production lap record. Good luck Mr. Watkins. Conditions are good today. I hear the other 1.3's are getting air over the Flugplatz.

I'd fly over just to see the tryout. We could gather up some of the leftover cars from Set Up and IF they make it through your "installation period" we can then begin the negotiations for the Corvette upgrade...