Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Pics and Videos

Old 01-13-2008, 07:38 PM
Bill Richter

Default Homestead Double National Photos - DUW

My wife and I rode down to the Homestead National this morning. The weather was perfect, the racing was great, and we got to meet a couple AS guys (Tom Ellis and Kristian Smith). It was definitely worth taking a day off of working on our own car to attend. My photo sKiLz and camera are clearly not the greatest, but here are some pics from today:

Tom and Kris running close down the main straight:

Kris crossing start finish:

Kris coming off of NASCAR 4 (note SAFER barrier):

Old 01-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Bill Richter

Tom coming off of NASCAR 4:

Kris and #89 on the impound scales:

Tom's impound mugshot:

Tom and Kris in the post tech impound line:

Old 01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Bill Richter

Today was a great day. We had a terrific motorcycle ride to a terrific event and met some great people. I told Tom and Kris that there will soon be another red Mustang in the mix. Those two guys were great and very friendly. I am soooo looking forward to racing with people like that.

Spectating days are numbered...

Last edited by Bill Richter; 01-13-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:32 PM
fairlane_68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Richter
Spectating days are numbered...

Indeed...
Old 01-13-2008, 09:52 PM
jd17

Default Homestead

Met Kristian He's a good guy and a top driver he beat Tom and thats not easy. Tom is always a 1st class guy Kristian went 1:30.8 Sunday morning qualifying Tom sat on his 1:31.8 from Fridays or Saturdays qualifying. Don't know what the race times were. They ran the frist 4 laps practically side by side. I also met Kristians Mother and father their good people I wish they would come to more events. Here's a couple of pictures also.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture021.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture023.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture006.jpg

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...Picture007.jpg
Old 01-14-2008, 11:36 AM
tellis#51sediv

Default Homestead Double National

Bill,
Great meeting you and your wife and look forward to racing with you soon. Those are some awesome pictures..Thanks
John,
Always great seeing you and thanks also for the pictures.

Great weather but man was it hot. I think the high was 86 and Christian tells me they were suppose to get 6 " of snow that night in Michigan. Great race and alot of fun clean racing. It don't get much better. First few laps we were side by side but once we got out of traffic Christian started pulling away. He drove a great race each day and his car was set up perfect. Christian, congrats on a great win and I really had fun racing with you. You have alot of talent and certainly showed me I need to improve both on driving and my car to run with the best. Look forward to seeing you at the runoffs.

te
Old 01-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Smitty

Tom,

Thanks my friend for the kind words, and what a pleasure it was to race with you all down there. There is something to be said for running with people you trust to go wheel to wheel with. That was a good hard race we had on Sunday.. I think we did about the whole track side by side at some point... (some of which was in the grass... ) I cant wait to see you and your family again at the Runoffs....

Your region down there was great.. what wonderfull people and great hospitality to a newbee down there... 'course... when its sunny and mid 80's, its hard to be grumpy... ( it is 18 out right now and snowing.. 4 inches by morning for the commute.. great!)

I left the track at 3:05pm for the ride home... I arrived home in Michigan, 1,488 miles away at 4:18pm... 25 hours non-stop... I think I am moving still as I sit here on the couch and write this.

Bill.. great pics... thanks man.. and keep working on it.. it will get done man.. and your wife seems very supportive... thats half the battle, cant wait to see it when its done.

John,... thanks for the support all weekend man... tech seemed to need all they help they could get with the large run group we had...

And to everyone who stopped by and said welcome or hi and grabbed a cookie... you all made it a weekend not soon to be forgotten....

Kristian

PS. ole 89 is back in its resting place in the race garage... not to be seen for a few more MONTHS.... holy crap!