Go Back   American Sedan Forum > Main American Sedan Categories > American Sedan Race Results

Old 01-17-2011, 12:46 PM
tellis#51sediv

Default Homestead Winter National

Congrats to Jeff on his win both days. Jeff was in the low 1.30's and I was in the high 130's for qualifying. So the start of Saturday's race was close but once we came around the horseshoe and entered the straight leading to Nascar turn 3 and 4, Jeff took off and left me. He actually blew his motor in qualifying but him and his crew swapped engines and had him ready for the race that afternoon. Great job by him and his crew. His car was really dialed in and Jeff drove a great race. The weather was great and at race time was probably in the mid 70's. Just wish we could have had more American Sedan's than just Jeff and I. Unfortunately, the fee's were really steep and I know that had to be a big part of everyone's decision.

Tom
Old 01-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Walther

I love that track!! The little "Cork-screw" turn (4&5?) is a BLAST!!! Did they let you run through NASCAR 3 & 4, or did they make turn back down into the infield? Did the Wilmots make it?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:15 PM
tellis#51sediv

Hey Mark,
All the times I have raced there you only get on the banking in 3 and 4 and then turn into the infield after start finish. Unfortunately Pat and Lee were not there.

Tom
Old 01-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Walther

Tom,

When I ran it (drivers school, 2008), we came out of the infield after the hairpin, onto the back stretch, then had to turn back into the infield right before NASCAR turn #3. I tried that particular turn flat-out one lap at my instructors suggestion and was complimented on maintaining a 4-wheel slide at over 120 mph.

I do love that track. Smooth as glass and lots of traction. Sounds like y'all had fun, which is always important.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:54 PM

After the day we had on Saturday, I welcomed the Coffee Chas had waiting for us Sunday morning. It was a hi Octane as the fuel in the car. We shot alot of in car footage that I hope to post in the the next few weeks. I wish w had more cars than Tom and I, but Tom kept me honest. We are both offically qualified for the 2011 Runoffs as of January 16th.

And contrats to Tom for winning the race with in the race at the Quad Nationals with 39 points. Tom had a win and 3 seconds (12,9,9,9 +39 points) to my 3 wins and a DNF (0,12,12,12). Can't wait to see his new car hopefully at VIR.

And I did get to finally meet Pat at Sebring as he was waiting for the Southeast to thaw. I was great to see the guys at Sebring and I hope we get a good group at VIR.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
Walther

VIR is on my bucket list, along with Road Atlanta, Laguna Seca, and the Nurburgring. The first two may happen. The last two,....
Old 01-19-2011, 12:02 AM

I cant wait for VIR! Jeff Tom Pat(unconfirmed but if you dont show im breaking up the shake and bake) who else is comin!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 PM
PatWilmot

As long as it is not the same weekend as the one I am supposed to go back out to Miller I will be there!