View Single Post
Old 02-21-2019, 05:09 PM

Kevin Fandozzi would you please explain your thinking on why the 4th Gen RP cars need the GM hot cam? It seems from your results you are already more than competitive as is. The hot cam adds from 40-50 rwhp. Do you really need that? In the interests of data exploration would you please post the dyno results for your car in its current configuration? I can think of no reasons not to do so and several if you don't. Please post them. Thanks.

To reiterate..here are the dyno results for my RP Camaro and a friends with a GM Hot Cam:

My 1999 RP Camaro has a 2004 crate engine that was just rebuilt to spec. The results at the tuner's shop on his Dynojet was: Max Power 356.29 Max torque 342.83.

A friend has a 2001 Camaro that he open tracks and has considered turning into an AS car. The only internal modification to the LS1 was a Hot Cam install. He runs a cold air box and a cat back system but otherwise his money was spent on the suspension. His results with the same tuner on the same dyno six weeks earlier was Max power: 408.45 and Max torque 389.40. With a better exhaust system look for more hp. If anyone wants to see the dyno sheets I'll be glad to post them as a point of information.

The claims of 40+ rear wheel horsepower seem very accurate, maybe even a bit low depending on the tune.