View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:08 PM

Default Gcr

Well... I'll add some more fuel to the fire from a steward's perspective. Last year, we were told that stewards could continue to get copies of the GCR for free, at least in 2010 and possibly longer. It appears that longer has gone away, because I haven't seen that a steward can have one either. And, I did put in my request that as a steward I was still interested. The reason being that it is a lot easier to carry around a GCR when you are stewarding than a computer. Can you see stewards walking through a paddock carrying their computer? Makes it tough to answer a quick question.

I do take my computer with me to every event and I do download the new version each month. I guess I'll be making that work, even in my stewarding efforts. But, I do agree with Jeff that either it was the license fees or the membership fees that went up a few years back so that they could cover the cost of sending every driver a GCR (back then I used to get TWO, BTW!). So do they plan to lower those prices by say, at least the $10? (BTW, it used to cost $25 to buy a GCR and that is how much our license fees went up a few years back...).

And yes, the tow fund was a bit of a surprise here as well. I found out after the fact that it was only "one way." I suppose it has always been that way, but I didn't have a clue that there was an entity out there that only paid mileage one way... I certainly will remember, however.

Pam Richardson