PDA

View Full Version : Pocono Results PLEASE!

jscottlane
08-21-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm going crazy waiting to see the results from the Double National at Pocono. Based on the entries, I'm right on the edge of getting bumped out of the Run-offs and it's making me dysfunctional waiting and checking the net every two minutes. Thanks in advance for anyoneís help.

Regards, Scott at Nelson

jimwheeler
08-21-2007, 02:15 PM
I think Jerry Post was there. Jerry, do you have results?

Jerry Post
08-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Here is what I know. 7 - 8 cars showed up.

Race 1.

Heinricy 143.6
K. Smith 144.7
R. Lebaron Sr. ??
????
6. Post 144.5

I led JH for 9 laps then we swapped spots a couple of times, then I broke a panhard bracket and had to retire.

Race 2.
Heinricy ??
Post 144.6
Aquilate ??

Once again I led the first 9 laps then broke a rear shock mount and crippled in for 2nd.

Sorry I don't have all the finishing order and times but they will be posted on NESCCA shortly.

Jerry Post
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
For JS Lane, looks to me like your 18 points held up. No shows included Pam, Cowles, Lavigne, LaCroix, Lebaron jr. Stickter. Those in the field Heinricy (doesnt count for ROs), Post, Tom Acquilante, Matt Naegle, Lebaron Sr. Lubash, Brewer.

Roberts was also a no show.

Hope this helps.

Jerry Post
08-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Trapani showed up on his Harley but couldn't get it through tech.

jimwheeler
08-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Trapani on the Harley, now that's a sight to see.

Ted Johnson
08-21-2007, 04:46 PM
I think I could envision Joe doing a sturgis style burnout on the scales in the tech shed. Then leaving with a one finger salute. Just kiddin Joe.

jscottlane
08-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Jerry,

Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear about your mechanical difficulties. I can imagine itís a bitter pill to swallow to relinquish a race to JH when you have a shot at him. I agree that it looks like my points should hold, but I donít necessarily understand your comment that John Heinricyís points donít count. I realize that all he needs are four starts and heís automatically invited, but I think his points and his standing are still counted in the division. So if his points still count, then where he finishes in the division would affect my standing and weather or not I finish in the top ten. Am I incorrect about this?

t4wallace
08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
but I donít necessarily understand your comment that John Heinricyís points donít count. I realize that all he needs are four starts and heís automatically invited, but I think his points and his standing are still counted in the division. So if his points still count, then where he finishes in the division would affect my standing and weather or not I finish in the top ten. Am I incorrect about this?
Scott -- your division gets 11 invites if the defending champ races there. Since JH is defending, NE gets 11 potential AS invites for 2008. Assuming you get the starts and finishes and are 11th or better, you're in.

For example, when JH ran out of CenDiv and was winning, there were almost always 11 AS cars at the Runoffs from that division.

Hijack: How come Joe couldn't get his Harley thru tech? He always got his Camaro thru:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TW

Smitty
08-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Jerry had the car on Saturday.. it was a shame to see him pull off...:(

After that beating... not to fire it up again... I ... (Yes me of all people) didnt have the HP to run with you Jerry.... man you pulled me hard on that loooong straight... :laughing:

Thanks again to my East Coast buddies who are always 1st class and welcoming... I now have enough starts to qualify for the Runoffs... just probably not going to make it... Child #2 is on schedule for the early October arrival... :clap:

If I dont make it guys... have fun... I will be checking in on you all...

Kristian

Talladega
08-21-2007, 09:57 PM
Scott -- your division gets 11 invites if the defending champ races there. Since JH is defending, NE gets 11 potential AS invites for 2008. Assuming you get the starts and finishes and are 11th or better, you're in.

For example, when JH ran out of CenDiv and was winning, there were almost always 11 AS cars at the Runoffs from that division.

Hijack: How come Joe couldn't get his Harley thru tech? He always got his Camaro thru:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TW
I did get bounced out of tech becouse the 03 FXDX HD ,front end did not follow the spec line for what year it was made,,,:laughing:
Since the 03 FXDX didn't come with a 17 in ft wheel/tire , they bounced me for that.
And Don't no if it might of been for the two 6 piston calipers/14 in rotors,,,,
And complete front end, but longer tubes/damp rods /SPRINGS that i made to put on it,AS A TAKE off a 2000 CBRX Blackbird Honda.
OOPS also has .. clipons but stock gauges/controls,plus a steering dampner,,,,
First HD i had that STOPPED/HANDLED,,,
Maybe , building a lower bridge on the swingarm, to stop the bending,flex
or the double wall downtubes got me chucked,,
I don't no,,,

But it DID NOT HAVE A ALUMIUM WATERPUMP,REALLY!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

AND TED was right,,, I have done a smokee burnout, and Gave everyone,,
My IQ sign,,,,
Hell its better than zero,,like TWs,,lol
Or is that a A hole sign Tom,,,,,,
And i thought i had 1 up on you,,,:cheers:
T

t4wallace
08-22-2007, 10:33 AM
My IQ sign,,,,
Hell its better than zero,,like TWs,,lol
Or is that a A hole sign Tom,,,,,,
And i thought i had 1 up on you,,,:cheers:
T
We're always even Joe. I was just checking to make sure you're still out there.:laughing:

jimwheeler
08-22-2007, 10:49 AM
The GCR says, "The defending National Champion may participate in the Runoffs without qualifying in the class being defended."

John, as the defending champ, is not required to run a single AS race to participate in the Runoffs. This cannot be invoked two years in a row.
wheel

smithpr
08-22-2007, 10:52 AM
Jim:

JH must start 4 races to be qualified for the runoffs. He does not need to finish or get any points or be in the top ten but he must still start the 4 races.

This is done to prevent a pro :laughing: from just showing up to the Runoffs ever year and who does not otherwise participate.

Philip

jimwheeler
08-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Phil,
The rule says:
1. He has to hold a current national license
2. He can participate without having been a starter in four national events. This cannot be invoked two years in a row.
3. Cannot bump anyone from the field of starters who is an accepted entry. (that's where the 11 invites comes in)
4. May not participate in the travel fund.

SedanMan
08-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Phil,
The rule says:
1. He has to hold a current national license
2. He can participate without having been a starter in four national events. This cannot be invoked two years in a row.
3. Cannot bump anyone from the field of starters who is an accepted entry. (that's where the 11 invites comes in)
4. May not participate in the travel fund.Jim, if the National Champ does qualify for the next year's Runoffs the same way that anyone else in the Division would, is he/she still ineligible for Tow Fund money? If so then that would suck. Although you would have won, you already get the priveledge of tearing your car apart and reassembling it on your own dime, but then to be denied travel money for the next year would seem kinda harsh.

socalta
08-22-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm traveling out there .. how do I get in on this fund :laughing:

jimwheeler
08-22-2007, 04:03 PM
The travel fund is given to every driver who qualifies in the regular manner, including the national champ, based on mileage from their address to HPT.
I recall getting a check for around $400 when it was at MidO, and nothing last year.