PDA

View Full Version : Mam

jimwheeler
07-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Congratulations to Kyle on his walk-off-and-leave-me win at MAM. My car was on a rail with perfect handling all weekend, but Kyle just was in another time zone. His first really successful weekend of the season. And, with a motor he threw together from stuff laying around the shop. Nice drive.
wheel

More later, I'm cooked

KW78
07-30-2007, 10:29 AM
Thanks Jim,

Jim did have fast lap of the weekend at a 1:41.5 (i think) in the National practice, congrats there.

It was nice to be able to run every session and even one on the test day, and have no mechanical issues until the final impound with a hot starter.

The Nat Qual session was a mixed bag of wet weather. By times looked like it was drying, but I had rains. Jim went on drys, and so did much of the field. I also had a little help in the race because the grid was somewhat inverted as the GT1's and GT2's didn't qualify at all and came from the back.

Thanks to Ted for the windshield service in the pits, nothing like having your competitions crew help you get that good qualifying position... :laughing: :laughing:

Kyle

jimwheeler
07-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I had a 1:41.560 on the cool Saturday morning practice session, running one heat cycle Autocross compound Hoosiers. In the race, my best lap was 1:42.844 (the only lap under 1:43) and Kyle turned two laps in the 1:41's, a 1:41.877 and a 1:41.911.

He ran 14 of the 20 laps faster than my best time.
See the above post about the restrictor plate testing.
wheel

Ted Johnson
07-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Thanks Jim,

Jim did have fast lap of the weekend at a 1:41.5 (i think) in the National practice, congrats there.

It was nice to be able to run every session and even one on the test day, and have no mechanical issues until the final impound with a hot starter.

The Nat Qual session was a mixed bag of wet weather. By times looked like it was drying, but I had rains. Jim went on drys, and so did much of the field. I also had a little help in the race because the grid was somewhat inverted as the GT1's and GT2's didn't qualify at all and came from the back.

Thanks to Ted for the windshield service in the pits, nothing like having your competitions crew help you get that good qualifying position... :laughing: :laughing:

Kyle

Sorry Jim, my bad.

Nice run Kyle.

Ted Johnson
07-30-2007, 07:58 PM
http://www.1320video.com/gallery/album82/IMG_8329?full=1

I love this... Two top AS cars leading the entire field. Including GT1 and 2. Not for long but a picture doesn't lie.

jimwheeler
07-30-2007, 09:10 PM
Good photo, especially since they cropped out Mike McGinley in the T-1 Vette, who was in front of Kyle.
wheel