Scott Swietzer (Racer X) Mustang 1:30.720
Mark Muddiman ( Mustang) 1:31.106

Race Results
1 Kristian Smith 1:26.959
2 Tom Toth 1:27.639
John Lechner (DQ 10 lbs Underweight) 1:29.341
Mark Muddiman (DQ 15 lbs Underweight) 1:29.746
3 Scott Swietzer 1:29.730
Steve Airborne Hynes (DNF Broken Rear Axle Hub Lap 2 (Car did keep the shinny side up) Reports were that car got high enough for a car to drive under.

Kristian and Steve did get around Tom going into Turn 1

Toths car was also set up by Ed Hosni as well as Kristians, Scotts and Steve. Toth and Kristian were also running the Old PBR brake set Ups.

Andy Jones
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Dweine,

You're going to piss off the Chavy guys if you keep calling it a Camero.

koscieldrk
05-15-2007, 10:58 AM
He He He! :D

t4wallace
05-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Thanks for adding the times Dweine.

For a little perspective, the track record is a 26.126 (set last year by Tom Sloe in a Mustang).

No, I did not have Ted do the research. He's too busy working on his set up (humor from another thread).

koscieldrk
05-15-2007, 01:26 PM
Boy and always thought Jones was my good friend. See what happens when you go to work for GM. Next thing you know he'll be in a Camero too!

t4wallace
05-15-2007, 01:58 PM
See what happens when you go to work for GM. Next thing you know he'll be in a Camero too!
We simply can not stop the evolution of intelligence Dweine.:laughing:

Scott Schweitzer
05-15-2007, 04:33 PM
My Laps data is up if anyone is interested. Kristian, Tom and Steve were really running well, and the weather was beautiful all weekend.

Race report from the back:
The start was a little 'wonky' with the overall pole sitter (missed the grid) coming from the back and a couple GT guys in the front deciding they wanted to drop back. Everyone stacked up in turn 2 pretty bad and I found myself in the grass and DFL, but saved the new paint job.

Had fun trying to catch Mark and John and couldn't really mount a charge until the very last lap coming onto the front straight. Good old fashioned drag race with Mark winning out by .006 sec at the line.

I feel bad for Mark and John to get DQ'd over 10 lbs. Rematch at Mid Ohio in 3 weeks. :cheers:

Smitty
05-15-2007, 09:55 PM
That start was screwed... Tom Toth got totally pimped when his line didnt go. He actually had to brake to not plow into the back of the T-1 car in front of him.. I shot thru a few holes and almost rear ended a GT-1 car as he broke about 100 ft before the first braking cone... It was nuts but sorted itself out early.

The GT-1 Mustang of Phil Lasco started from the grid... passed the field.. full course caution.. came into the pits on the green... then passed the field again to win overall... hell of a run!

Was great fun hanging with my friends the Hynes, the Koscielniaks, the Schweitzers, the DeRonnes, and Tom Toth all weekend.. what a blast!

See you guys later in the season... think we're gonna park it for a bit.

Kristian

koscieldrk
05-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Kristian,

Forgot one "the Man Ed Hosni" and his family.

Smitty
05-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Dwaine,

Didnt forget Hosni... just didnt get to hang with him too much as he was busy tweaking all the cars he prepped there!

Ed is the main reason for our success this year... The man knows his shiznit!

Thanks for everything Ed.

Kris

jkopp
05-16-2007, 11:54 PM
The man knows his shiznit!

An ASedan racer just used the word "shiznit"! Is that legal... err compliant... err whatever!

My boss' (Mr. Rick Hendrick) personal assistant's name is Kristian Smith. I'm not sure, but I don't think it's you Kris ;). Of course, with all that talent, maybe so. Regardless, mucho de respecto from here.

You mentioned parking it for awhile. Runoffs plans :confused:. Just curious.

-Kopp

socalta
05-17-2007, 12:04 AM
I got enough grief for questioning "bomb diggity".. I aint touchin this one :laughing:

Scott
05-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Definitely not employed by Rick Hendrick, right Kris? :laughing:

Smitty
05-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Hey Guys,

Jeff... I am not the same Kristian Smith, not employed by Rick Hendrick (although if he needs another driver...:rolleyes: )

What Scott meant by his comment is that I am employed by the Ford Family... :thumbsup:

As for my future plans... well.. I am going to try to qualify for the Runoffs... however,... my wife is Due with our second child on October 10th... yes... Wednesday of the Runoffs week... :clap: :censored:

Although stranger things have happened... I dont really expect to be at the Runoffs... although the airport isnt that far from the racetrack....:laughing:

Kris

jkopp
05-18-2007, 09:40 AM
Well, congradulations and that is certainly one of the few excuses we will accept ;). I hope all goes well and if you end up needing help getting to the track from the airport just let us know. Got plenty of room at the ranch (45 minutes from the track) if you need last minute accomodations. Hell, I might even still have a spare house (hopefully not :().

-Jeff

BTW - I knew you weren't the same K.S. The "I'm not sure" part was just a little joke. :thumbsup:

t4wallace
05-18-2007, 10:54 AM
although the airport isnt that far from the racetrack....:laughing:
I'm sure there are some good hospitals in the area too :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The lovely Mrs. Smith doesn't visit this site does she???

Again, congrats man.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Smitty
05-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Jeff,

Thanks for the generous offer... but I think if the car makes it down there, the motorhome will too!!!... I just might not be there... :laughing:

Tom,

Mrs. Smith does not visit this site (at least not that I know of), and she would have both of our asses in a sling if she did!:o

Only time will tell if I can make it or not....

BTW... just found out we are having another girl... :clap:

jericker
05-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Hey Kristian,here's an offer I'm sure your other half couldn't refuse! I'm a pediatrician and will offer the little one my services, free of charge mind you, if she comes along to the runoffs. In fact, as an added bonus, I'll even deliver the sweet little thing for you in the back of that motor home(been a few years for that though but she'll never know!). So, how 'bout it, we need ya' at the Runoffs man? Jon

koscieldrk
05-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Oh Boy! I can see the look on her face with that proposal. :laughing: