PDA

View Full Version : MAM 5/19&20 Event is ON!

KelleyHux
05-09-2007, 10:39 PM
Racers ...

Heavy rains fell in the greater Omaha/Pacific Junction, IA area over the past weekend (May 4 & 5). The MidAmerica Motorplex received somewhere in the neighborhood of 7" of rain. Some flooding was experienced at the racetrack.

Despite the rumors currently floating on the internet - the event is *ON* as scheduled. The conditions at the track are improving daily, and the anticipation is that all will be much better by the time our event starts in 10 days.

The track surface is dry; however, there is still some standing water in the ditches. And for those of you who haven't been to MAM before in the rain, staying on the track surface is very much advised. The mud is very sticky.

We may have to do some "creative paddocking" due to some soft ground. Therefore we ask you to remain flexible and understanding of the requests from the Paddock Marshalls. Thank you in advance!

In some other news from the track:
* The gas pumps have a new credit card reader and will dispense 94/100/110 octane fuel.
* There are limited camping sites with electric. They are 50amp units. Track management has an adapter if you need one. The price is $30/nite or $55/event. An event is defined to start Friday at noon and end Sunday at 5:00 PM.
* Test and Tune on Friday has extended hours of 9AM to 7PM.
* Paddock holes have been patched and the two light poles that were in the paddock have been removed (less to back into).
* Additional track questions can be answered at: www.midamericamotorplex.com

If you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to email me at KelleyHux <at> yahoo <dot> com.

See you soon,
Kelley Huxtable
Registration Chief
(on behalf of the MVRG Management Committee, the Race Chair, and the Chief Steward)

t4wallace
05-10-2007, 02:30 PM
We have run at MAM (WAY out of Division for us) and have to say some of the nicest people host that event.

Plus you get to race against the legendary Duke Cooder.

Ackjazz
05-10-2007, 05:00 PM
I agree with Tom. I did my school there - and was schooled there. Both great experiences. Getting to paddock next to the Big Kahuna and the Kopper - THAT was priceless!

Good luck to all that race this weekend! :cheers:

KelleyHux
05-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the kind words! We enjoyed hosting you guys ... come on back and see us again sometime!

Right now there's pretty easy points-pickin's - just 4 AS cars. Current entries are: Jim Wheeler, Mark Beacom, Tim White, and Dick Read.

Kelley

KW78
05-11-2007, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the kind words! We enjoyed hosting you guys ... come on back and see us again sometime!

Right now there's pretty easy points-pickin's -..... Current entries are: Jim Wheeler, ......

Kelley

:laughing: :laughing: WOW, you gonna take that Jim? And from a T1 driver no less.... hmmmm....... :p

t4wallace
05-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Now that I think about it, Wheel did duck the race I went to :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jimwheeler
05-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Tom,
My recollection of that race was that I had to pull my boy back so he wouldn't humiliate you too bad in front of your family members. hmmmm?
wheel

t4wallace
05-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Tom,
My recollection of that race was that I had to pull my boy back so he wouldn't humiliate you too bad in front of your family members. hmmmm?
wheel
That's the tequila talking:laughing:

jimwheeler
05-12-2007, 10:41 AM
You should never mess with me on an open forum. I'm a very mild mannered guy until somebody starts to mess with me. Especially on the race track.
You know I love all you guys.
wheel

jkopp
05-12-2007, 10:54 AM
:laughing: :laughing: WOW, you gonna take that Jim? And from a T1 driver no less.... hmmmm....... :p

Kyle, I think you may be confusing your names - no T1 driver involved here :confused:. You've made the trip a few times in the past. You gonna come play this time? Unfortunately, I will not make it in any capacity - driving or crewing.

The Midiv folks know Kelley and I promise that didn't come out like she meant it.

Have fun!

-Kopp

jimwheeler
05-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I just thought Kelly meant there were fifth place points waiting for any out of division guy who wanted to come out and play.
wheel

KelleyHux
05-12-2007, 05:43 PM
Bingo!! We have a winner! :clap: Jim understood exactly what I meant. Is that considered scary?

All I meant was that there were points available because there weren't already 9 entries in AS. Kyle - we'd love to see you again.

As for being a T1 driver - that's not likely to happen in this lifetime. I'm not a competitive-driver sort. Not to mention, my budget is more like "ITC".

I really enjoy helping out "behind the scenes" of the race, whether it's as a flagger or helping the drivers through Registration or spending some time in Timing and Scoring.

Kelley

KW78
05-12-2007, 11:00 PM
Sorry, you were right I was confused. This often seems to happen as I try to skim more and more.....

But still, great line.... I knew what you meant but I like any innocent opportunity to "mess with Jim on an open forum" :laughing: :laughing:

I would love to go run that.... I wish I had my Sh*t together and I would... But I think Jim (et al) will be competing w. me anyway if memory serves... sketchy i know...

Good luck everyone... Maybe I will get a wild notion and head out on an open trailer thursday night.... hmm...

:cheers:
Kyle

Ted Johnson
05-13-2007, 12:07 AM
Kyle,

The blender has been prepped for your arrival. We wiped it out from the runoffs with some brake clean... Dumped out the little dead ants with big smiles on their faces..

KW78
05-13-2007, 02:46 PM
Kyle,

The blender has been prepped for your arrival. We wiped it out from the runoffs with some brake clean... Dumped out the little dead ants with big smiles on their faces..

Hey Ted,

That does make it tempting! I suddelnly have the pink panther theme going thru my head though.... "deadant, deadant...."

And I did look, sounds like Jim and co. are going to compete against Jim Stevens record lap.... ANOTHER chevy-dominated-track-should-a-ford-even-show-up scenario.... Hmm.... :bowdown:

Kyle

Ted Johnson
05-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Kyle,

As much as you would like to stir the pot about chevy's owning the track records in Midiv and as much as it pained me to discover, I found a regional race result sheet from a couple years ago. The MAM track record which is recorded currently as Jim Stevens is incorrect. I have contacted our score keeper and I believe it will be changed. The correct is track record is really yours. At a 1:41.709 set on 8/21/04 in the regional race. You own it. Its a fact. Candy Gerber our RE reconfimed it with her records. Whether it gets changed officially or not remains to be seen. Those are facts. Now off the top of my head I believe you turned a mind boggling 1.39.9?? in qualifying? I don't have a sheet to look that up but I remember you outqualified a number of t1 cars that race. No chevy can get a sniff of that kind of lap time currently. I turned my personal best lap that race then at a 1:42.475 and you flat ran away from me. I remember you schooling me on the start too. If that thing jumped any harder you will be needing some wheelie bars on the back. Is that legal? Anyway. No excuses, you are the man. Mustangs run HARD. Now about those engine rules??:ciao:

Margaritas awaiting you next weekend....

Sorry Jim, I was surprised to discover this myself.

KW78
05-14-2007, 11:11 PM
Kyle,

... I found a regional race result sheet from a couple years ago...

Margaritas awaiting you next weekend....

Sorry Jim, I was surprised to discover this myself.

Ted,

Well if you spent a little more time on race setup and less time on record keeping.... :laughing: :laughing:

But that was a regional back when the front straight was down hill and that GT1 was pushing me.... you know...

Thanks for the Margaritta offer. Don't think I can swing it but July 28 and 29 at mam looks like a national. I do really like the place.

Kyle