PDA

View Full Version : Gingerman results

koscieldrk
04-30-2007, 10:27 AM
1 Kristian Smith With Old PBR Brake Set Up and within 100ths of the track record.
2 Steve Hynes
3 Jason Von Kluge
4 ? Freddy's Old Car
5 Freddy Heatherwick
6 Scott Swietzer (Racer X) Scott showed up 6:30
Sunday morning got a waiver and joined the fun,
broke his trans and finished in 4th gear
7 David Ours

Car count way down usually 10 to 12 cars
Too bad the GM guys don't want to come out and play.

thomas toth
04-30-2007, 12:14 PM
Not that I didn't want to come and play......I just couldn't get my stuff ready in time. Sounds like a great weekend. See you at Grattan!

Tom
#38 Camaro
Cen Div

koscieldrk
04-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Tom see you at Grattan. I know you had trailer issues. By the way your not the only GM product in CenDiv. Everybody talks about car counts, but nobody seems to want to help the situation. There are a lot of GM's in Cen Div that are no shows.

smithpr
04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I wish my car was with me in Columbus. I would love to come out and be shown around the track by the Mustangs.:thumbsup:

Maybe next year I will find a place in Columbus to keep my race stuff.

I hope the turn out for the Sprints is going to be good.

Philip

t4wallace
04-30-2007, 02:23 PM
Nice job Kristian.

No Hosni (on the track)?

t4wallace
04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Too bad the GM guys don't want to come out and play.
To whom are you referring???

Out of 23 cars that earned points in CenDiv in 06, six were GM and only 2 finished in the top 10 (Doll, Toth). The other GMs with at least three starts were McVicker and Langston (his car is for sale). So it's not like an entourage of GM cars stayed home.

And don't lay this just at the feet of GM. For the sake of argument: Where were Andy, Hosni, Sloe, Shook or West? All have run/regularly come to GingerMan.

EDIT: Trend of last 3 years shows 8 AS cars (2 DNS) ran in 06. 9 (Andy took a DNS) in the Snow Bowl in 05. 14 in 04.

Ackjazz
04-30-2007, 04:26 PM
I'll be out to play later this year too. Still getting the car together - I would have had to pedal - like in the Flintstones! :D

Scott Schweitzer
04-30-2007, 05:16 PM
The transmission was the only major part we used from the old car when putting this one together. The weather was so nice while we were watching qualifying on Saturday that we decided to go get the car and try to get some points.

The first lap was fun, then we broke and I was just cruising trying to stay out of the way.

Congrats to Kristian on his triumphant return to AS.

See everyone at Grattan hopefully with 4 working gears.

Smitty
04-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words. After a year in a Spec Miata, god its good to have some HP again!

It was a great weekend, Ed Hosni put a set up on my car (which is as is from the '05 Runoffs)... Off the trailer on said Runoff Hoosiers we ran .6ths UNDER the track record. We qualified on New Hoosiers at .4ths under. All I can say is ED is the man! The car was great (especially with control arms that weren't wollaped out of shape!)

The race was clean... although I have to admit to puking in the car about half-way through... (this is not unusual for me as I have done it numerous times throughout my racing career... its a motion sick thing)... and Steve Hines drove his ass off, falling back to fourth and then reeled me in by the end... just one of those great weekends where everything goes right!

I think the economic situation here in Michigan had a lot to do with the lower car counts in ALL classes....

Glad to be back.

Kristian Smith

t4wallace
05-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Sounds like you need to keep an air sickness bag duct taped to the dash.:laughing:

You don't have the crew clean that up, do you?

Again, nice job.

Smitty
05-02-2007, 12:47 AM
Who needs an air sickness back when I already have a balaclava?:eek:

...Damn things are getting expensive....:laughing: