PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Runoffs hosing

jimwheeler
12-21-2006, 10:13 AM
I just watched the race again while making a DVD for Mark Allen. Andy received the biggest hosing of the Runoffs. He was docked three spots for "jumping the start". Look at the start. He was gridded on my bumper and stayed there the whole time. He eased out to the side a bit, probably to get a better view of the flag, but he didn't jump the start.

Talladega
12-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I was given a 1 lap penilty for jumping the start in the rain and i think it was the 98 ROs , I never bettered my position and think i droped from 10th to 19th the first lap, clawed back to 10th on a rain shorttened RO race. and was handed the penitaly at the end of the race at the finish line .

Trying to fight the SCCA is about like fighting with Domestic Relactions,,,
You never win.:cheers:
T

jimwheeler
12-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Joe,
Just to keep the record straight.
The year was 1999. You qualified 7th and dropped to 11th by the time we came around to the finish line. You stayed there until lap five when you moved up one spot and then one spot the next lap. You were 9th at the end of the 10 lap race. (called at half way for time). They added 60 seconds to your time and that kept you on the same lap, but in 18th.

At the same time, I moved from my qualifying spot of 27th to 21st by the end of the first lap and 17th by the end of the second lap and 14th by the end of the fourth lap. Nobody seemed to notice, since nobody could see me in all the rain and spray.

wheel

t4wallace
12-21-2006, 12:07 PM
Jim -- NEVER let the facts get in the way of a great Trapani story. It's like saying the plot to Rocky Balboa sucks. It's the ENTERTAINMENT that's the key.

Sounds like you deserved the hard charger award and got jobbed.

Talladega
12-21-2006, 05:29 PM
wheel is correct, But i did have the fastest lap in the rain.at a 1.58.943
RB was at 1.58.465 but was DQed.
Hey it was alot of years ago, and 60 seconds is alot worse than 3 places.
oh well.

KW78
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Jim -- NEVER let the facts get in the way of a great Trapani story. It's like saying the plot to Rocky Balboa sucks. It's the ENTERTAINMENT that's the key.

Sounds like you deserved the hard charger award and got jobbed.

Hey Wheel,

I looked for online results didn't find any. Was that the year I qual 28th or something, and we ran with freezing rain moving from the front half to the back half, in October, and only got 10 laps because SSB had trouble?

Kyle

jimwheeler
12-21-2006, 08:34 PM
Kyle,
You qualified 28th with a 1:43.039, right next to me in 27th with a 1:42.898.
At the end of
lap 1 you were 23rd.
lap 2 you were 15th two spots in front of me
lap 4 you were 12th
lap 6 you were 11th
lap 9 and 10 you were 10th

After Robin's DQ and Joe's 60 second hosing, you ended up 8th.

That was a great race and my in car video (before the sound got screwed up) was pretty cool. You could hear the engine hold the revs and then when a tail light appeared through the mist and gloom, the revs would go up. Then the picture would go to zero visibility and the revs would come down again.

wheel