PDA

View Full Version : PHOENIX N/N - Roll Call - Let's go!!

KW78
11-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi All,

Anyone want to go to Phoenix?! Since I got to race 500 feet at the runoffs, the bug is hitting me early this year. :cheers:

The info for the event:
http://www.azscca.com/events/index.cfm?EVENTS=NE_11162006141508769028

The dates are Jan 11 to Jan 15. AS gets a favorable schedule and runs group 3 on friday and saturday. Test day of thursday becomes feasible too.

Hoping for a field, 3 0f us are going from denver; Kevin Youngers, Dave Hunt, and myself.

Anyone else in??:clap: :clap: :clap:

Kyle

SedanMan
11-29-2006, 08:29 PM
Hey Kyle, I'll be there. That is, if it doesn't rain. :)

Kumho doesn't make any treaded tires even remotely close to the Hoosier wets so my list of reasons not to go if it rains is long. (I don't have an enclosed trailer, GM hp is not competitive with Ford hp, Kumho doesn't have a wet weather tire, and there's LOTS of concrete at PIR)

But if it's sunny I'll volunteer to be your "GM field filler". ;)

KW78
11-29-2006, 10:13 PM
Hot Damn thats one!!! :thumbsup:

RAIN??! I thought it NEVER rained in Phoenix. Never, as in save weight in the trailer by not loading rain tires!!

Field Filler? Thanks, but thats why they call it a race! At least we know GM HP is competitive in the dry now.... :ciao:

Plus, I think the track record is by a GM, Richard Ciohan(sp?). So calling all GM's :cheers: .... and Fords!

BTW, 8" snow and low of -2 here tonight!

Kyle

SedanMan
11-29-2006, 11:26 PM
Field Filler? Thanks, but thats why they call it a race! At least we know GM HP is competitive in the dry now.... :ciao:
Hahaha. That's funny.

Plus, I think the track record is by a GM, Richard Ciohan(sp?). So calling all GM's :cheers: .... and Fords!

KyleThe only thing that's funnier than saying that GM and Ford HP is equal is saying that a GM has the track record when in fact, you do (last year in your Mustang). Good one Kyle! :clap:

http://www.azscca.com/Docs/General%20Regional/PIR%20Lap%20Records.pdf

(maybe this is proof that you really *don't* know how fast the Fords are..... :laughing: )

hi7276
11-30-2006, 01:01 PM
I think Ross Murray may have the record in Jerry Post's 3rd gen Camaro following suspension work he did in 1998.

SedanMan
11-30-2006, 01:13 PM
I think Ross Murray may have the record in Jerry Post's 3rd gen Camaro following suspension work he did in 1998.Perhaps I should have been more clear.

Kyle Watkins has the current track record at PIR (Phoenix International Raceway) in a Ford Mustang. The record was set in January of 2005. To view the official list of track records at PIR click on the following link:

http://www.azscca.com/Docs/General%20Regional/PIR%20Lap%20Records.pdf

KW78
11-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmm.. Not sure where my post went from today! :mad:

Hey Thanks SedanMan, I did not know that. I Remember pulling over in the infield and finishing last (?) in the race because of overheating or a blown headgasket or something. Don't remember the 2nd one.

I thought the records were posted then and AS was a 108.1 .

I was just noting your list of reasons not wanting rain, including the HP thing in the wet, implying it is good in the dry. :laughing: Not that your point is valid, but that is a topic for a different thread entirely. :cheers:

Hey Ross, any chance your going? The more the merrier, I say!

Kyle

SedanMan
12-01-2006, 12:59 AM
Hmm.. Not sure where my post went from today! :mad:

Hey Thanks SedanMan, I did not know that. I Remember pulling over in the infield and finishing last (?) in the race because of overheating or a blown headgasket or something. Don't remember the 2nd one.

KyleOh Kyle, you don't give yourself enough credit. Maybe your car is better than your memory, but the records show that you did great in Race 1 but only completed 1 lap in Race 2. Race 2 must have been the head gasket.

At the risk of sounding like your personal statistician, let me refresh your memory. When your Ford Mustang was running in Race 1 you not only completed every lap, but you also:

Set the track record for AS (which still stands today)
Finished 1st in AS and 2nd overall (only behind the winning T1 Corvette)
Had a fast lap 2 seconds per lap faster than the next fastest AS car (a Camaro)
Had a fast lap only .4 seconds of a lap slower than Scotty White (in his NayKid Racing T1 Z06 Corvette)

The only reason I bring up all the stats is because that was 2 years ago and it's just another example of how long the Ford Mustangs have had their way with the GMs. Finishing ahead of all but 1 T1 Corvette, and lapping 2 seconds a lap faster than the next fastest AS car is pretty telling. Not to mention that two of the T1 cars that you finished ahead of were the NayKid racing T1 Corvettes. But everyone is getting tired of the HP disparity broken record, so it's time to either race or sell.....GM owner's choice. (or we can wait 1-2-3 or more years for a hopeful rules change)

That was my first AS race, the first time I sat in the car, and the first time I didn't finish a race (due to overheating problems). Seems like a looooong time ago.....

Official results:
http://www.azscca.com/Docs/Jan%2014-17%202005%20Race/GROUP-1-RACE-1--OFFICIAL.pdf