PDA

View Full Version : RUNOFFS QUALIFYING--Session 2

t4wallace
10-10-2006, 02:48 PM
It's raining and Ray has hidden the keys to the jet driers. The track, as confirmed via telephone, is now a wet tire track and radar is not painting a pretty picture for faster times today.

If that changes, I'll post it Jorge.

socalta
10-10-2006, 03:58 PM
thanks Tom...

As a matter of strategy, would it be wise for any of those in the top 10 from Q1 to even bother today given that the lap times are going to suck with the bad weather? Would going out today be more a matter of getting some seat time and another chance to see/learn the track?

AndyFranklin
10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Bummer! It looked like maybe it quit, given the number of GP/HP cars in the previous session.

AndyFranklin
10-10-2006, 04:27 PM
As a matter of strategy, would it be wise for any of those in the top 10 from Q1 to even bother today given that the lap times are going to suck with the bad weather? Would going out today be more a matter of getting some seat time and another chance to see/learn the track?

You are right - track time is the main factor. Plus, the forecast looks like rain through the weekend, so it is a chance to work on a wet setup.

Providing, of course, they keep it off the concrete....

t4wallace
10-10-2006, 04:34 PM
thanks Tom...

Absolutely no gain in strategy, especially since the forecast is for a dry race. 9 cars ran the session, including Tom Sloe. So he hopefully fixed whatever happened yesterday. NOBODY will improve times in the wet, so there is no gain in time unless you did not post a time yesterday (all that ran already had a time). So seat time might be one reason if you don't know the track.

I have always run the rain sessions. You, in my opinion, can never pass up running in the rain unless you have a Senna pill you can pop when the sky cries. I have seen many racer pack up and go home when it rains.:confused: You gunna do that if it rains at the Runoffs?

You also never know what gremlins will pop up in an AS car until you get the stuff wet. Again, just my opinion. Dang, I sound like Wheel...

smithpr
10-10-2006, 06:43 PM
I was in my drivers suit and had just decided that I thought the track might dry when it started raining again. There was really no reason to go out. I have a huge amount of rain time at this track and did not want to take the chance.

It looks like the rest of the week will be good weather.

Philip

#54 A/S