PDA

View Full Version : Grattan Results??

KEVIN LANGSTON
08-14-2006, 10:06 AM
:) Grattan Results??

koscieldrk
08-14-2006, 10:40 AM
What a weekend at Grattan, many mechanical breakdowns and scrambling going on. For starters, fourth lap into the first qualifying session, FLAMES. While coming through 2 saw smoke at the end of the jump #5 as I crested the hill McDermids 05 was parked and he was bailing as flames were coming from both sides of the car at least 5 to 10 feet in the air from the engine compartment. The front half of the car was literly destroyed. Qualifying was black flagged during this encounter. Ed Hosni broke both upper control arms. Muddiman broke a rear axle taking out his caliper, brackets and flanges. Tom Sloe breaks track record.

Second session McDermid brings out Heatherwicks car to qualify and breaks something in the rear. I brake one of the upper control arms.

Race Day.

Tom Sloe (New Track Record During Race)
Ed Hosni
Tom Toth
Andy McDermid
Dave Ours
Dwaine Koscielniak

I would also like to thank Tom Toth for helping me get my Upper control arm fixed late Saturday night so I could make the show. I would like to thank Ed Hosni for having the grinder to grind off the welds on the bracket and the bolt to weld back in. Tom Sloe for doing the Welding and the guys from Subway F500 for having the mig welder for us to use. Lance Knopp T1 for lending the light from his golf cart so we could see what the heck we were doing. Kristian Smith for helping on the grid and checking tire pressure at the 3 minute mark. Rodney Beckwith IV for being on pit road to check that my control arms were still in tact when I pitted. Kinda makes a terrific weekend when you get the kind of help from everyone. Once again a Million Thank You's to all that were involved. Have to also mention the two grid workers who helped and offered suggestions Ron and Tom.

thomas toth
08-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Well.....In the first qualifying Andy's new 05 must have has a fuel line come of or something. It resulted in a 200' plume of black smoke and some pretty substantial fire damage to the nose. Hosni broke his 2 lower control arms so he also had nothing to show. Tom Sloe had the fast lap about 6/10th under the record. I was second with a 1:27.9...sorry guys, wasn't paying attention after that (it's all about me you know). Second qualifying Andy had Fred's car as a back up, Hosni was fixed. Ed Hosni also ran below the record again in the 26's. Grid was set up 4 T-1's then Sloe, Hosni, Toth, McDermid and ....errrrrr, errrrr, oh well, as I said it's all about me.

Pretty nothing race from where I was, the start sorted out nicely, and Sloe took off with Hosni after him. I guess it got pretty close the last few laps but Ed couldn't get past Sloe. Andy and I ran laps. The big news is that yet another track record has fallen to the yellow Mustang. This time a full second below the track record at a 1:26.1. And you guys were worried about Heinracy...........makes you think doesn't it.

Tom

Mark Allen
08-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, it makes me think back about 4 months to Jeff Robbins' post about "legality"

t4wallace
08-14-2006, 12:38 PM
... that Heinricy has qualified in the 26's before (26.5 in 03 I think) and can run 27.0's in fifth gear with his eyes closed.

... that Ford still maintains a measurable/obvious horsepower advantage. Especially during the regular season.

... that Ed deserves a ton of credit showing the potential of the Fox body and now gets his reward: more weight.

... that Andy doesn't deserve what he got and that an angry Andy is a faster Andy.

... that a 26.1 has me scratching my head.

smithpr
08-14-2006, 05:23 PM
Those times seem in line with what Tom runs everytime he is out. He is also consistantly 5 mph faster at the end of the straights over other A/S cars based on my radar gun.

He just has the best engines in the class and uses them to set a string of lap records.

Philip Smith

Jerry Post
08-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Why don't one of you guys protest him so we can rid ourselves of this shit.

Jerry Post
08-14-2006, 07:12 PM
Also, as long as we allow the rules to favor the Mustangs we will end up with 15 Mustangs at the Runoffs and No Chevys, and no more AS.

thomas toth
08-14-2006, 11:20 PM
Jerry, in the 8 years I have been running A Sedan I have never seen a protest for cheating, a motor torn down, puffed or a casting number checked. If we are policing ourselves we are all doing a poor job. Maybe we don't want to look like dicks, maybe we don't want paper thrown at us in retaliation. Maybe it doesn't matter much if all you are trying to do is make the big show. Maybe a lot of people have something to hide? In the recent month or so I have heard stories about people almost bragging about cheating (some past, some current drivers). It gets frustrating, year after year we talk about the same people and do nothing. Guess no one wants to stand alone.

Tom
#38 Camaro
Cen Div