PDA

View Full Version : Road America Results??

KEVIN LANGSTON
07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
Any Results??

thomas toth
07-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Yep....

Ed Hosni 2:31.749
Jason Von Kluge 2:32.413
Fred Heatherwick 2:37.816
Tom Toth 2:37.789
Dick Read 2:38.766
Andy McDermid 2:31.976 10 Laps, off
Harvey West 2:41.874 3 Laps Crash

Great Day, Ed was very fast......duh! Andy went off in Canada Corner, Harvey darn near rolled it in the carousel, Readd, Toth and Heatherwick were close the whole race as were Von Kluge and Hosni. Heatherwick passed Toth,then Read. Toth passed Read and the finish was as above. Fred got me by about 3/4 of a car at the finish.

koscieldrk
07-25-2006, 03:10 PM
Woo Hoo, Hosni & Jason, rumor has it Hosni has been wrenching on Jasons car. Good job you guys!

Fred Hetherwick
07-25-2006, 11:50 PM
Great close clean racing with Tom and Dick! Most fun I have had in a long time.

Fred

Ackjazz
07-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Great close clean racing with Tom and Dick! Most fun I have had in a long time.

Fred

Fred - glad you had fun and nice job. Remember, though - you weren't racing with just any Tom, Dick and Harry. Besides, it looks like Harry had a DNS.

Nice work! :D

t4wallace
07-26-2006, 05:13 PM
Nice job Ed.

Final results have been posted for the Mustang Invitational:
http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/RoadRacing/2006/Results/2006CATresults.pdf

It appears Andy was leading before (hopefully) finding the beach.

Andy -- Any comments that can be printed here?

TW

ehosni
07-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Great weekend! Weather was beautiful. Had a great time hanging out with Jason and Tom. I havn't seen Tom in a while and forgot what good guy he is. Helping me out after my 1 hour and 30 minutes of sleep I got after driving most of Friday night/Saturday morning to get to the track.

Qualifying went well as I was on the pole with Andy next to me and Jason right behind me. Then some T2 cars, then Harvey, Dick Read, Fred, and Tom. Green Flag dropped and I beat Andy down the straight but he took a run on the outside of turn 1. I got a little loose trying to pinch the corner off to leave him some room and he got by. I followed close behind with Jason a few cars back. Andy's Mustang makes a huge hole in the air to tuck in and draft as I could get a run on almost every straight even pulling side by side at times going into Turn 1. I finally was able to pull along side of him before the brake zone in five and beat him into turn 6 to complete the pass. Later that lap heading down into Cananda corner, he wasn't close enogh to try to outbrake me so I took the normal line into the brake zone. I hit the brakes then "whack" Andy hits me in the left rear. I kept it under control and he goes spinning into the gravel trap. Jason kept my honest the entire race as he was fast and never slowed down. I think we average 2:33's for the race. Working through the Spec Miata field was tasking at times as they are much harder to pass then the SSB snd SSC cars as they corner so much better. Last lap we caught a "gaggle" of SM on the front straight (not sure what you call a group of 15 or so SM) running nose to tail and then 2 by two as we approached the brake zone in turn 1. I was able to pass all but 2 as Jason got stuck in the middle of them in turn 1. That allowed me to take a breath a bit on the last lap.

It was a very fun race.

Mark Allen
07-27-2006, 09:16 AM
Sounds like a helluva time Ed. And for the record, any group of SM's over 5 can be called either a gaggle or a swarm.

Mark

t4wallace
07-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Nice post Ed. Looks like you and Jason have his car running pretty stout as well.

I'd call a pack of 15 SM's an angry swarm.

I ran an enduro at MAM in Ackerman's car last year and when I was amongst a swarm of SRF's, he said that it looked like a whale amongst guppies. I guess that we could call the SM's a school (of goldfish) then.

Again, nice job.

TW