PDA

View Full Version : June Sprints update

jkopp
06-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Ok, I don't really have a lot of info. Been spending plenty of time getting Mike ready for his sessions and such. Just a couple bits of info (sorry, not much really):

Andy (McDermid) was 7th fastest in the Tx, SSx, AS run group today. Yes, that means there are PLENTY of T1 cars behind him so far.

Jeff (Robbins) came in with a not so good sounding car and I was told that he hurt the motor (again, bummer Jeff!) and was switching to his T1 Viper for the rest of the weekend (unconfirmed but reliable source).

Lots of other great looking fast AS cars on hand. I'll try to have a better update tomorrow.

Good night!
-Kopp

Mark Allen
06-25-2006, 07:21 PM
Come on Jeff the suspense is killing us..............

Mark

socalta
06-25-2006, 08:04 PM
yeah no kidding ... we are going to have to do something about your remote connectivity. .. or get you an assistant.. :D

King Matt
06-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Here are the results for the AS race today:

1.Ed Hosni 2:33.132
2. Martin Shook 2:34.693
3. Von Kluge 2:33.867 +1 lap
4. Venhaus
5. West
6. Jones
7. Heatherwick
8. Sloe +10 laps
9. McDiarmid +13 laps
10. Smith +13 laps

Tom Sloe was on the pole with a 2:32.820 followed by Hosni with a 2:33.036 and McDiarmid with a 2:34.055 (the "dominant" 05 Mustang was out-qualified by a pair of Fox Mustangs!). On the first lap, it appeared McDiarmid had passed Hosni and was gaining ground on Sloe, but he went off into the gravel in T14. I saw smoke right before he went off, but I'm not sure if it was oil or tire smoke from a lock up. Hosni passed Sloe up the hill to Start/Finish on lap 3, and when Hosni came back around to T5, Sloe was gone, so I assume he cooked it into T1 trying to get the position back, or had some other problem. Hosni ran the rest of the race by himself. At one point on lap 10 it appeared Shook had closed the gap to around 4 seconds, but it was more than 6 at the finish, with the third place car of Von Kluge a lap down.

socalta
06-25-2006, 08:28 PM
thanks Matt

Mark Allen
06-26-2006, 02:16 AM
thanks for the update Matt. Yeah, I guess we were wrong, the Chevy's at the June Sprints really gave the Ford guys what for............ (oh come on, that was funny!)

Mark

t4wallace
06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks Matt.

Ugh, 10 cars for the Sprints. I guess it's only been 14 or 15 for a while, but that's awfully close to single digits.

Curious to hear P. Smith's take on things. VonKluge in the 33's is impressive.

Nice job Ed.

FWIW -- The Wallace's would've been buying beer and brats for all if we would've been in the low 34/high 33 range with our little 3rd Gens (based on the 32's turned in by Sloe and Hosni).

TW

smithpr
06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Here is my view. I had a leak in the number 8 hole after a great first pratice on Thursday. Went faster then my qualifiying time last year in the first session. The car was great and I was very excited about the week. We tried everything to get the thing going. New head gasket, leak stuff and a couple of other things. Just wasn't in the cards. Andy had a big momement in Sundays qualifying went Jack Tippens ran him off the road between 3 and 5. Jack was trying to pass a slower SSB and did not check is mirrors. Wet grass at 140. Hurt the car a little, 4 flat spotted tires, two busted rims. They went throught the car before the race but the ball joint let go going into turn 14 on the first lap. That hurt the car some more. I think Sloe blew up his engine at the start finish line trying to out run Ed.

The rest of the race was fairly clean. The new track surface in the corners is much better.

I took the start and did 1/2 lap just to make sure that I would qualify for the Runoffs.

Great job on the win Ed. Nice race.

Philip
#54.

Racetex
06-26-2006, 11:35 AM
Just wanted to say great job Ed from us at RSIG and Nash Performace. It's been a tough year for you and you put in a lot of hard work to get the car ready for the race.

Mark Allen
06-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Yep, congrats Ed.

Ed is going to turn the tide and make the FOX mustang the car of choice now!

Mark

King Matt
06-27-2006, 01:13 PM
I just noticed that Ed's fast race lap is also a new track record.