John Haynes
Tom Eillis
Chuck Dawson ( car was not ready)
Fred Gaaulter Jr.
Burce Reichard
Matt Neagle
Brain Collier
Tom Aquilante (driving Heinrecy ride)

Wow 12 cars entered and 11 showed and raced. I don't know all that happened as my race got a bad start by having a gt-1 runover me on the frist lap coming out of the dogleg heading to the westren hairpin i was side by side with another a/s car the 71 of Fred Gaulter jr. when a gt -1 spilt us apart knocking Fred into the grass to the right turned in front across my nose and off we went to the left we hit again drver side to driver side and went back across the track finaly separating and then then a gt-3 car hit my right rear quarter panel an spun me into the grass by the time i got the car started again i was 20 seconds back my race was over as well as freds we had apretty good time swapping back and forth until with one lap to go my clutch plate fell apart ending my run so i watched the last lap from the western hair pin. Ellis sat on the pole with a lap of 2:11.5
1. Tom Ellis ( Mustang )
2. Brain Collier ( Camaro )
3. Bob Eubanks ( Mustang )

not sure about the rest but their was alot of attrition then the tow truck showed maybe chuck will know more. i'll put the offical results up when they are posted to mylaps. "oh" heinrecy's car ran 4th or 5th with Tom A. driving tom let me look that car over pretty well it's nothing fancy pbr brakes a dana 44 like mine stock torque arm, no recirculators for shocks or brakes it's just a well sorted car. i was suprised at how simple the car really is. Tom's a real neat guy i like him, he told me to tell you guy's that this was your last year to beat JH in a/s as he plans to sell the car after the runoffs.

JD

jd17
05-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Here's how we finished

1. TOM ELLIS 210.821
2. BOB EUBANKS 210.499
3. GARY BURNETTE 215.281
4. Brian Collier 212.244
5.TOM AQUILAITE 213.688
6.J W BREWER JR 216.343
7. FRED GAULTER JR 217.663
8. MATT NAEGLE 216.782
9. HENRY VANVURST 212.147
10. JOHN HAYNES 217.782
11. BRUCE REICHARD 218.686

where were you Mr. Doyle?

jimwheeler
05-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the report. It's good to see Freddy back in the driver's seat. We miss him and his dad in the Midwest division.
wheel

Mark Allen
05-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Nice comment by Joe that JH is getting out of Asedan. Wonder what the reason is? Really. Let's face it, they bought and sold one car already so selling this one shouldn't be a factor. John never pays for what he drives anyway.

I'll bet that he's aware of what the new 'stangs will be capable of and doesn't want any part of it.

Mark

t4wallace
05-11-2006, 02:00 PM
Nice job Tom and nice to see large fields elsewhere in the country.

TW

t4wallace
05-11-2006, 03:56 PM
"oh" heinrecy's car ran 4th or 5th with Tom A. driving tom let me look that car over pretty well it's nothing fancy pbr brakes a dana 44 like mine stock torque arm, no recirculators for shocks or brakes it's just a well sorted car. i was suprised at how simple the car really is. Tom's a real neat guy i like him, he told me to tell you guy's that this was your last year to beat JH in a/s as he plans to sell the car after the runoffs.

JD
Tom and Joe have never kept John's car from being looked at/secret. The Aquilante's are good people that build good cars and have had a major role in the growth of T1 and T2. How many T1 cars from the Runoffs rolled out of the Phoenix shop at birth? Tom and the rest of his family are very cool, no doubt.

That said, the issue that the GM'rs have with John is that as long as a "Pro" driver is running (and tuning) the equipment, the rest of us are at a disadvantage (the amount could be up for debate) when it comes to how the rules are made/evaluated. See, John has NEVER EVER taken the time to help better any class he runs in, unless it is of direct benefit to him/GM (I know, I know, that's racing and all. But he is an ambassador of GM and you would think that he'd have GM's best interest as heart if you're running GM too). This is especially true with AS. Ever seen him at the chili party or tried to talk to him on the rare occasion you see him with the car at grid or in tech? Maybe it's different if you're running a Vette. Probably not.

Those "simple" shocks have man-days (not hours) of valving/tuning and have then been validated on a dyno and then backchecked against data acquisition. This is all based on his months (and I donít mean that he rented the track on 4 weekends) of seat time in an F-car over his years of experience with the platform.

Yes, he had a lot to do with the GM Performance trailer being at the Runoffs, and those that were running production-based classes should thank him for THAT. PS -- an AS car was welcome if you asked nicely.

His alleged stepping down from AS would hopefully bring some level of normalcy back to the class. But it could take years before the fallout from his (and Andy's luck) clear from the AS atmosphere. Maybe in time for the next Camaro to have the same red carpet treatment that the '05 Mustang got.

And before you run to Tom Aquilante with checkbook in hand, ask yourself this question: how has the last AS car John won with done in the hands of a competent AS racer? That is not any disrespect to that person but is an indication of how the Pontiac would do since I'm fairly confident that the first AS car was sold "as-raced." That's a reflection of the Aquilante's willingness to help the SCCA amateurs that are their cutomer base.

But what Phoenix and T.A.R. can't do, is provide you with a pill giving you the same ability their resident racing consultant has when he drives their "demos."

Now, back to the regularly scheduled programming already in progress.

Announcer: Tom Ellis took the National win at Daytona...

TW

Morey27
05-16-2006, 12:43 AM
Thanks for asking jd17, but unplanned by me, (it seems my wife told me to put this stuff on my schedule) that family occurrences have taken priority on a couple of weekends this year, to that my loving wife kept reminding me that this past Mother's day was the first she had seen me on in more than a few years. But do not fret, me and my slow stang will be back at the track as soon as I get the family sh## out of the way. I canít afford to run a A/S (strike that) TRANS AM and get divorced all in the same year :cool:

jd17
05-16-2006, 11:23 AM
hey morey27

we missed you their had a real good time though, it's fun to have more than 2 cars to race against. when i started my wife made some kind of comment about spending time with her or else and i told her i could spare the time to help her pack if she needed the help, she hasn't said a word about it sense then. but everytime i go race she goes shopping............. Bob Eubanks turned a lap at 2:10.499 during the race that's a new track record for daytona! congrats. to Bob

JD