PDA

View Full Version : Any Sebring Results?

koscieldrk
01-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Anybody have the results for this past weekend?

Dawson Motorsports
01-09-2006, 01:37 PM
Here is a breif run down: Finishing positions
Tom Ellis
Bob Eubanks
Morey Doyle
Bruce Richard
Steve Hymes
Chuck Dawson
Not sure how everyone else finished, Jeff was off and so was everyone else.

jimwheeler
01-09-2006, 02:01 PM
Chuck,
I saw on the SM site where they dropped people 2 or more spots for any contact at all. In fact they tried to drop drivers who had been bump drafted (a common SM deal) from behind. They busted both the guys in front and the guys in back. I think the guys in front appealed and won. They also dropped people for any touching at all. The stewards went through the group and tried to force the drivers to protest other drivers. They also wrote mechanicals on any marks of any kind on the cars and told one driver the car must be in show room condition or he would not be able to race it next race.
This is all hearsay, since I wasn't there, but......
Did they treat everyone the same or just jump on the SM guys?
wheel

Dawson Motorsports
01-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure about the bumping issue, there was alot going on the entire weekend. I think they may have been picking on the SM guys. At the race here on Thanksgiving weekend, they air lifted a SM guy out. This all occured at the start of the race, so they might have been making a point. The entire weekend was full of wrecks. Just before our race they air lifted a open wheel guy out, I haven't heard how he is, but from what I understand he took a hard hit into a concrete wall.
But I think the stewards are putting the SM guys into the same catagory as open wheels and SRF[spec reckers].

Morey27
01-09-2006, 07:51 PM
Wheel,
I dont think they were treating everyone else like SM, they had those boys in tech the whole weekend, and I mean the whole field, also after I passed Bruce he hit and spun me right on the main straight so I know everyone saw it but by the next straight he waved me by, good gesture, I was pissed, I love to race hard but clean. After the race he apologiesed in tech, needless to say no one ever said anything about it and Im guessing if we were SM he would have been Whacked hard for that

I was hoping more would come down to the sun and race, it was a great weekend

t4wallace
01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
The results have been posted on the SCCA site.

http://www.scca.org/garage/forum/uploads/WyndiMcCormick/2006-01-12_132453_Race_Results.pdf