PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk??

jimwheeler
08-30-2010, 08:46 AM
Who got finishes, to qualify for the Runoffs? I think Ed and David both needed this one.
wheel

ehosni
08-30-2010, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't make the race so I won't be going to the runoffs. I had a ton of stuff to do to get the car put back together, but it was doable. But when you come down with a 102 degree fever and you get dizzy like your going to pass out everytime you move your head it is hard to get it back together let alone concentrate long enough to drive 8 hours to blackhawk. I am super dissappointed. I would like to say thanks to Steve Hynes, Kris Smith, Chris Pederson, and Tom Sloe for your offers to use your stuff to get the race in. I really appreciate it and it says a lot for the people in our class who we race with.

jimwheeler
08-30-2010, 09:44 AM
Ed,
I am very disappointed to hear you won't be at the Runoffs. I'm sure you are, too. Sometimes the planets just don't align.
wheel

thomas toth
08-30-2010, 02:22 PM
At work today, didn't get the results so I'll give you what I remember.

Qualifying:

Tom Toth 1:19.03 Camaro
David Vanhause 1:20.200 Mustang
Chris P 1:20.300 Mustang
?????? 1:24.00 Mustang

Race....I got hosed on the start when a Porsche in my line didn't start so the left lane went away with the pace car as did the front half of the right lane. Eric Curran showed up starting from last position in a flame painted Purple and White 4th gen Camaro. Coming down the front straight I was a row and a half behind Vehause because my line never caught up...I was immediately passed by Chris P and went back to 3rd before turn 1. We raced a bit, some GT cars that didn't qualify started passing almost immediately. Curran worked his way up and popped Chris P in 5 who had gotten past Dave V a couple laps in. I tried to pass Dave going into 1 and he messed up a down shift and snapped the car sideways. I had no place to go and "T boned" him in the door. Dave continued (great save) and I ended up stalled in the grass. I got it fired up and was able to run down everyone except Curren at one time or another but always got lapped by the GT1 Cars before I could get close enough to make a pass. On the final turn Chris P running second broke his T5 and coasted past the finish line and parked the car on pit out (finished second) ...I was about a car behind David (third), Eric took the win. I didn't stick around for the result sheets so I have no idea what the times were.

Tom
#38 Camaro

jimwheeler
08-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Tom,
Thanks. Glad David got the finish, to qualify. Sorry about all the other problems.
wheel

ASGTO
08-30-2010, 05:43 PM
Sorry to hear you won't be making it Ed. Congrats to those who did!

Dawson Motorsports
08-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Ed, you just don't want Tom hitting you at five.
Sorry your not coming, Chuck

PNM52
08-30-2010, 10:04 PM
The man in question was Matt Long, Matt was at our drivers school in April and has done well for himself. He told me he has a job now and i suspect we will see more of him. I believe this was his third outing this year. On the issue of Chris P. Curran punted him and should have been penalized. Eric would have passed him in another lap or less and Chris understood this, why take him out? Paul

thomas toth
08-30-2010, 10:52 PM
Sorry Matt...you introduced yourself on Saturday and unfortunately I'm piss poor at remembering names. My bad! It was good to meet you and your car looks extremely nice.

Tom
#38 Camaro

MLong
09-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thanks Paul and Thomas for the kind comments.

As Paul mentioned, the Blackhawk National was my third race weekend this year after completing the driving school back in April. The race was a thrill to participate in, even though I didn't have the speed to keep up with the other AS cars in the field, but I did get a first hand view of watching my brother Bryan lead the GT-1 race by a large margin over last years National Champion.

I plan on racing several National races next year in Central Division and possibly the Runoffs after completing the new race engine build and retiring the tired old stock 302.

Matt

jimwheeler
09-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Matt,
Welcome to the forum as a poster. I think there are a number of new cars coming out next season. Should be a good one.