PDA

View Full Version : Nelson National, 5/30/10

PamRichardson
05-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Results for the National at Nelson this past weekend. Only 58 cars registered for the entire event including a restricted regional. 5 AS cars. After qual 2:

1. Dale Gebhardt
2. Danny Richardson
3. Tom Brown
4. John Lechner
5. Tom Lane

I had never met Dale before and he was driving an older Fox Mustang. Got to talk to Tom Sloe who was running his T1 Corvette. Dale is a friend of Tom's, so they put Tom's 2009 Runoffs motor back together and put it in Dale's car. Don't know what happened during the race, perhaps Dale or Tom can let us know, but the car started to smoke heavily and pulled off an access road on the back straight.

Final results:

1. Danny Richardson
2. Tom Brown
3. John Lechner
4. Tom Lane
5. Dale Gebhardt

This is Danny's first National win. Being the proud mom, I can pass along he ran a consistent, clean race. Also, neither his dad nor I have ever won a National race, so it is the first family National win...:)

Now we have a few days to get ready for NJMP. Fortunately, the car is in good shape, just very dusty...

Pam Richardson
The other driver of AS 15 (and the proud mom!)
NEDIV

wre46
05-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Congrats! Funny, my first National win came at Nelson Ledges also, in 1987. Good luck at Jersey. We still have a few weeks till Sprints.

jimwheeler
05-31-2010, 04:49 PM
At A Boy, Danny. Congrats on the first National win. Nothing like those shiny "National Event Winner" stickers. My guess is there will be many more.
Jim

Dawson Motorsports
05-31-2010, 05:25 PM
Way to go Danny. Keep them GM's upfront. Chuck and Chas

Walther
05-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Keep them GM's upfront. Chuck and Chas

Does Tom know about this? :D

koscieldrk
05-31-2010, 08:50 PM
Way to go Danny Congratulations. Mark Muddiman also got his first win this weekend at Grattan. Hats off to both drivers. :cheers:

Danny"TheKraken"Richardson
06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Thank you for all the congrats! was a great week and if Tom didnt have brake problems it would have been dam difficult to have pulled that off!