PDA

View Full Version : WMR/FWR Grattan Double National (5/29-5/31)

Dayle Frame
03-31-2010, 03:17 PM
Well folks, it's been a long time in coming but we are finally able to accept online entries for the WMR/FWR Cheap Points Double National to be held at Grattan Raceway from 5/29 to 5/31. As your entry form creator, I've put us in Group 4 so we'll be done before lunch on Monday. And we don't run with SRFs.

We invite all of our CenDiv and MidDiv friends to come on over and play. We're only 180 miles from the IL/IN border. After looking at your schedules, our event fits in nicely. If you haven't raced here before, you will be in for a treat. WMR is known for treating drivers and workers very well and this event will be no exception. This is a fabulous track (half of it has been repaved) and we'll have the great Grattan dinners on both Saturday and Sunday nights. There will be a track sponsored test day on Friday (5/28).

Register online at wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com. We're trying to make this as inexpensive as possible and holding down costs where we can. Our entry fee for both races is only $450. So, please, either mail a check to the registrar or use PayPal (if you can) to help keep our costs down.

Contact me (frameh at msu dot edu / 517.889.1100) if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time,
Dayle Frame

Scott Schweitzer
03-31-2010, 05:12 PM
I'm in. Schedule looks awesome with no on track activity Sunday until after lunch ==> Saturday night AS BEERFEST up on the hill!!!:cheers:

Dayle Frame
03-31-2010, 05:36 PM
Drag all those Detroit, WHRRI and AS guys with you. We want a good turn out and I kow there are oplenty of AS guys who would love to run both ends of this event. See ya there. And I'll be driving this time. Woohoo!

Dayle

Dayle Frame
04-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Scott's in.....anyone else? C'mon.....man up, go over to wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com, log in and sign up. With half of the track newly paved, track records will fall. It could be you.

Contact me (frameh at msu dot edu / 517.889.1100) if you have any questions.

Dayle

thomas toth
04-28-2010, 12:31 AM
Yep I'm in...I may live in Illinois but Michigan is in my heart. It will be good to see the boys!

Tom
#38 Camaro (with a real 302)

Smitty
05-01-2010, 11:04 PM
I'm in! Hosni says he's coming too! I am trying to talk Steve Hynes into coming.... I don't think it will be that hard to convince him. Party on the Hill!:cheers:

Kristian

PS. I am trying to convince some of the WHRRI guys to give it a shot. I think they might have some license issues though as they would need time to get their National license even though they hold a WHRRI full comp license.

thomas toth
05-02-2010, 12:33 AM
Great Pig Roast....I love Grattan!! I just finished putting the car back together and did the set up today... I need to find a local chassis dyno and I'm ready to go.

Tom
#38 Camaro

koscieldrk
05-02-2010, 10:28 AM
We'll be there if we get the head problem sorted out. Taking them off today. Then depends on how fast the turnaround is. We do have the spare engine with iron heads but don't want to go through the hassle. Actually we want to run the Mid O race the week end before. Keep your fingers crossed. If we don't make these 2 weekends the runoffs are out of the question, not enough races left in the division.

Dayle Frame
05-04-2010, 12:48 PM
A quick FYI....our cancellation policy allows you to enter the WMR/FWR Cheap Points Double National and, if necessary, cancel your entry without penalty up to 5/25 (the Tuesday after MidOhio's race). So if you want to come to Grattan, please enter. If (God forbid) something bad happens at MidO, then withdraw and there will be no cancellation fee. The last thing our registrars want is to process a huge number of entries a few days before the race. I should know....I'm married to one of them. Our online registration closes on 5/25 (11:59PM EST) and there is a $25 late fee for having the registrar do an entry manually.

I'm glad to see so many AS cars coming. I drive a Sprite and, while its a nice car, there's nothing like the sound of a pack of AS's.

Dayle

smithpr
05-04-2010, 04:15 PM
I would like to go but engine builder is behind and I am still getting over the mess from last year in tech.:mad: I won't even make Mid Ohio. I need to see if SCCA can run tech before I commit the time, money and energy to do what it takes to race at the Runoffs.

Likely taking the year off. Just can't even get the energy to change the motor mounts, let alone go pick up the engine and put it in and set the car up.

Golf game is better.:D

Philip

Dayle Frame
05-24-2010, 08:48 AM
OK, the MidO and RA events are over. Registration is open until wednesday at 11:59 ET. As of this writing, there are only four AS cars entered (all Fords oddly enough). The forecast says 70 and sunny friday, saturday and sunday with a chance of rain on monday. Lets go folks!

Contact me (frameh@msu.edu / 517.889.1100) if you have any questions.

Dayle

koscieldrk
05-24-2010, 09:19 AM
From my conversations, Mark Allen, Steve Hynes, Ed Hosni, Kris Smith, Scott Swietzer, Mark Muddiman, Tom Toth, There maybe more?

thomas toth
05-27-2010, 02:48 AM
Okay we have 7 registrations for Grattan not counting Kris Smith who said he is coming. Who else is coming???? Should be a great weekend with a great beach an hour away. Good food, good friends, frest black top and lots of beer! What about all of you Waterford guys??? Come on!!!

Tom
#38 Camaro

Mark Allen
05-30-2010, 06:58 PM
Just got back home after Race #1 at Grattan. Ed Hosni and I were both running Race #1 only, with Tom Toth, Kristian Smith, Scott Schweitzer, Steve Hynes, David Ours, and Mark Muddiman running both. Second race is on Monday with Qualifying this afternoon.

Qualifying went as predictable with Hosni on the pole followed by Smith, Toth, Hynes, Schweitzer, Muddiman, Ours and I (give me a break, first time out with the new rig after 5 years out of the car).

The interesting part about qualifying was that there were GT and T1 cars scattered all over. The GT1 pole was an ~1:18, #2 was a 1:24. Lots of 26's and 28's with the pointy end of the AS field at a 1:27. So on the start we had 22 cars scattered all over with T1's and GT cars mixed in with the AS field making for a really interesting lap 1. I saw at least 4 and maybe 5 wide barreling into 1 at the end of the long wide front straight. No contact, no touches, pretty clean all around. Kristian Smith managed to get by Ed on the start and stayed there for a while until he pulled off after 13 laps with overheating issues. Ed ran away and hid while Tom Toth and Steve Hynes ran great for 2nd and 3rd. Even keeping some T1 cars at bay. There was a pretty good scrum for about 5 laps between Schweitzer, Ours, and Muddiman until things strung out with the last 16 laps or so being pretty uneventful.

Final Results:

1) Ed Hosni 1:27.505
2) Tom Toth 1:28.009
3) Steve Hynes 1:29.23
4) Mark Muddiman 1:30.29
5) David Ours 1:31.646
6) Scott Schweitzer 1:30.424
7) Mark Allen 1:32.4
8) Kristian Smith 1:28.293 (in after 13 laps, overheating)

That is all, someone else will have to update race #2

Great seeing everyone again.

Mark

jimwheeler
05-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Mark,
Thanks for the report. Glad to see you are back in the saddle.
wheel

Mark Allen
05-30-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks Wheel, good to be back. Now have just got to knowck the rust off and get the car back handling like the old car did. Might run some double regionals to get some more track time. We'll see how it goes.

Mark