PDA

View Full Version : Homestead Double National

PNM52
01-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Any word on the Field and Qualifying? Anyone?

wre46
01-02-2010, 10:28 PM
2 cars showed up for Homestead.

Tom Ellis finished 1st and I tried to keep him honest but had no fuel pressure during the race and settled in to finish 2nd and get one of my 4 required finishes for the runoffs. We try it again tomorrow, this time with fuel pressure. I'll try and post the times after we are done during the week.

Jeff

PS... lets get the trans talks back ontrack. The GT 4 is a great deal!!

Dawson Motorsports
01-04-2010, 01:40 PM
As Jeff stated, Tom, took the first race, as Jeff was having fuel pressure problems.
Jeff got those fixed for Sunday race, and they started next to each other. On the first lap, turn 1 Tom had to brake hard to avoid one of the Grants, GT-2 Toyota, flat spotting the left front tire.
Jeff ran a good race, with a cracked header.
Tom's tire let go after the half way point, so he got the finish.
Congrats to both Tom and Jeff, good clean racing. Haven't seen the offical results, but all weekend long both were in the 1.29 range.
On to Sebring.
Chuck

tellis#51sediv
01-04-2010, 02:54 PM
Chuck pretty much summed it up. After locking em up to avoid hitting the toyota I was able to catch back up to Jeff at the horseshoe which is where you enter back onto the banking. Jeff, being the great driver he is, gave me plenty of room when I went inside him there. We were door handle to door handle going into the banking but the vibration was really bad and I did not feel like I could safely hold the car down without moving up into Jeff. Jeff made a nice move and pulled down in front of me. The tire blew out on the next lap going into turn one so glad I had plenty of run off room there. Certainly was the right call to back off in the banking. Chuck actually had told me to come in and get a tire. From now on I listen to my crew chief! Honestly, Jeff drove a great race and even without flat spotting my tires I am not sure I could have caught up and stayed in front of him. Jeff ran a 129.7 in the race which was my best time in qualifying so I know he was on a tear Sunday. Congrats to Jeff on a great race Sunday!

te

Titanium
01-04-2010, 10:17 PM
I want to thank Chas and Chuck for helping me diagnosis and replace the T5 transmission in my STO Mustang.
They really are a class act and the American Sedan community is fortunate to have someone of their caliber in their ranks.:clap:

Because of their help, I had a great weekend and even got a podium finish on Sunday.

I look forward to another great time this weekend at Sebring.