PDA

View Full Version : Blackhawk Farms

PNM52
10-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Dude.... this weekend there were three A Sedans at the Fall Sprints hosted by the Chicago Region and the Blackhawk Valley Region . attendence looked good in most classes. What was in short supply were blankets, antifreeze and heaters. Friday night and Saturday night the temp dipped to 27 degrees about. Saturday we woke up to a nice sun with a fast warm up, but it didn't take long for that to change and cloud over with SNOW! I woke up Sunday to find everything frozen including my radiator, a slow heating of the engine solved this problem but my pit water supply did not work untill 10:30 am. IT WAS COLD! The format was the most fun yet. One qualify and Four races, two eight lap sprints on Saturday and one eight lap sprint on Sunday a.m. The day finished with an eighteen lap race on Sunday. It was so cool in the morning the GT1 class could not get there tires warm and we could damn near out run them. The times from morning to afternoon were mega difference in all classes. Any way a new AS showed up Philip Brabec #63 a Pontiac Firebird. Welcome Philip! Matt Regan was there with #60 (Harvey Wests car) and myself Paul Meier #52 . Philip has been out of the loop this year sorting out oil leak issues, but came back and finished all the races as far as i know and i believe he came away with medal for best over all in the four races. Matt had two wins on Saturday but the Grim Reaper broke his crank on Sunday during the eight lap sprint and handed me the first place finish and Philip second place. The feature race, eighteen laps, started about three thirty in the afternoon to a nice sunshine with forty-eight degrees. To my luck David Venhaus came down from Milwaukee to watch and found a job in my pit. Saturday we changed a failed differential after Q1. And R2( my first race) i spent two laps in the grass but times were improving for me. The best I could do at BHF is 1:26 with most of my times at 1:27.with the help of David I hit 1:23 finally! Thankyou David Venhaus. FYI I do believe David was the CEN DIV Champ in 2002. I did win this race,and can't wait untill next year. Thanks to the Regans, Matt, Steve and Gary Dan and Philip Brabec, David Venhaus,Matt King we all had a good time in spite of the crap we truged thru to make this weekend happen.
ohyeah THANKYOU CORNER WORKERS, Paul Meier AS52

Fred Hetherwick
10-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Congratulations Paul! Glad to hear you are improving fast. You should come play with us next year.

Fred:cheers:

Dawson Motorsports
10-13-2009, 09:29 AM
Congrats Paul. Did Steeda get you the front bar on time? I had to stop in Valdosta to make sure they got all the right parts for the kit.
Chuck

tellis#51sediv
10-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Way to go Paul! You should feel good about the consistent improvement.Now you just need to come to Florida so you don't have to worry about frozen things.Although, we are expecting a cold front this weekend , suppose to get down in the 80's

Walther
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Although, we are expecting a cold front this weekend , suppose to get down in the 80's

Colder than that. Lows in the low 60's for Sebring this weekend. I gotta check my antifreeze level. Only 2 AS cars registered (Scott Seifreit & I) in a 9 car group. Chuck and Chas will probably be busy emptying Tommy "Two-Bolts" engine out of bins and buckets for reassembly

PS Chuck, I got your beer and oil today!!! :cheers:

PNM52
10-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Chuck Thanks for your help with Steeda and the bar. As it turned out, i did not have time to follow through on the order yet alone the install. I will give Steeda credit though they really worked hard for me trying to get it together. I will decide what i am going to do in the next few weeks. Tom on the topic of Sebring , This happens to be on my Bucket List. Any info appreciated. Youall can count on me to bring the ICE. Paul Meier AS52