08-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I had a short phone coversation and learned that
JH won the race 1:42.XX
Post dropped out...

Also
Tom Sloe won T1 starting from the back.

Fred Hetherwick
08-17-2009, 05:49 PM
Anyone know the results for Saturday and Sunday?

EvanK
08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Anyone know the results for Saturday and Sunday?

I'll see if I can find out unless Post can Post something..:D

On another note, the corvette guys are really bashing Sloe.
As usual with no proof of anything. It is entertaining to watch though.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/autocrossing-and-roadracing/2401619-pocono-scca-double-national-going-on-right-now-some-t1-results.html

EvanK
08-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Race #2
1)Heinricy 1:43.348
2) Lubash 1:46.063
3) Nagle 1:49.334
4) Topel 1:53.096
5) Brown 1:46.963

The Track was rather slippery on Sunday due to the increased Hot weather.

King Matt
08-17-2009, 08:03 PM
No matter the class, Sloe's motors never seem to lack HP, or the ability to make it REALLY obvious. ;)

Mark Allen
08-17-2009, 09:14 PM
I read all 3 pages of that Corvette thread. Seriously entertaining stuff. Laughed my A$$ off.

David Pintaric
08-17-2009, 11:31 PM
I read all 3 pages of that Corvette thread. Seriously entertaining stuff. Laughed my A$$ off.

What is funny about it?

Mark Allen
08-18-2009, 12:03 AM
PM sent.

Dave, were you at Pocono? Any observations around what the vette guys are talking about?

smithpr
08-18-2009, 09:42 AM
I am a little confused. :confused: A bunch of T-1 guys get out qualified by an AS car and then complain that a T-1 drives from the back and beats them. What the heck is going on?

People seem to forget that Tom is pretty fast in what ever he drives.

Philip

EvanK
08-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Just to add to the fray..
Heinricy had a qual time of 1:39.xx which was found later to be an elctronic timing error as happens so many times. So he didn't out-qualify the field.

I talked to Joe Aquilante who won race #2 and until Tom broke or whatever happened to him he was right on Joe's tail. Joe didn't seem to think he was doing anything other than driving a legal car hard.

I find it entertaining as always to watch the corvette forums as the non-scca guys have a mob mentality and all it takes is one rumor to set em off. It's not funny (well, maybe it is), but none the less entertaining.

t4wallace
08-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I find it entertaining as always to watch the corvette forums as the non-scca guys have a mob mentality and all it takes is one rumor to set em off. It's not funny (well, maybe it is), but none the less entertaining.As do I and I think that is what Mark A. was referring to. The allegations are not funny.

t4wallace
08-18-2009, 01:03 PM
WARNING: As the moderator, I am going to be very trigger happy towards any thread/post with the word cheat or any variation of that word. Yes, there are actions available to us to challenge the legality of another car. We're mostly all racers here and most of us understand there are really only 2 SCCA events where there is the staff and or the tools to police. All other events, it's up to us to deal with it. That's just the way it is in SCCA.

What we will not allow on this forum is for the accusations to be sent from behind the screen, AFTER THE FACT. This is the second thread in recent weeks with this undertone to it. I will lock/delete posts and/or threads that go [edit] too far [edit] down this path.

Walther
08-18-2009, 01:56 PM
And thats why asedan.net is the best damn forum in SCCA!!!!!!!!

I certainly learned a LOT from the previous thread I started. "Would you protest".

I probably should just called Chuck and asked him over the phone. Race, and let race!! My new philosophy.

David Pintaric
08-18-2009, 02:41 PM
WARNING: As the moderator, I am going to be very trigger happy towards any thread/post with the word cheat or any variation of that word. Yes, there are actions available to us to challenge the legality of another car. We're mostly all racers here and most of us understand there are really only 2 SCCA events where there is the staff and or the tools to police. All other events, it's up to us to deal with it. That's just the way it is in SCCA.

What we will not allow on this forum is for the accusations to be sent from behind the screen, AFTER THE FACT. This is the second thread in recent weeks with this undertone to it. I will lock/delete posts and/or threads that go down this path.

Brother Tom, I didn't intend to start a firestorm in your neck of the woods.

I, too, am concerned about how people are running off at the mouth at CF. Understand that I live within 1 hr of Tom, so I have heard many of the same rumors. But I like to think I am smart enough to realize that it is easy to say something, especially when some people are hiding behind Internet names. Until a person is proven guilty, they are innocent.

What makes this more a problem is that someone else's reputation could be at stake as well: Ron Hutter. Ron has a pretty decent little business going building LS motors. I'd hate to see it suffer because of someone's loose lips.

King Matt
08-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Yes, there are actions available to us to challenge the legality of another car. We're mostly all racers here and most of us understand there are really only 2 SCCA events where there is the staff and or the tools to police. All other events, it's up to us to deal with it. That's just the way it is in SCCA.
Over on that other forum there was a mention of a protest procedure that turned into a debacle and apparently settled nothing. Anybody know anything about the details of that?

t4wallace
08-18-2009, 03:36 PM
Brother Tom, I didn't intend to start a firestorm in your neck of the woods.
David, you didn't. You are a welcome participant here, even if you do drive a Vipper.:eek:

This is a results thread. This is NOT the place to play Judge Judy. Yet somehow, it got turned into how someone wasn't legal (I get that it might change the results if someone was protested -- but they weren't). So, the warning has to do with the slippery slope this thread is standing on and how I expect we'll not lob crap here. Especially in light of how a couple of recent threads got into the legality of other competitors. I figure we'll just stop it here and now.

The SCCA process has an innocent until proven guilty foundation. As does our legal system. But our culture seems driven to be judge and jury with no facts. That forum (and others) is famous for that. The people posting here ultimately decide what's discussed. But I'd like to think, as David says, we're a little smarter than that.

t4wallace
08-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Over on that other forum there was a mention of a protest procedure that turned into a debacle and apparently settled nothing. Anybody know anything about the details of that?
I see no need to pursue this since it really has nothing to do with AS. Put another way, how would the AS community benefit by knowing the facts? IMO, they wouldn't.

Back to the topic: Pocono race results. I hear Heinricy won AS and Jerry broke.

Jerry -- what the :censored: happened?

as4044
08-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Jerry was running a new motor from Tom Sloe.

I know I know...........I couldn't help myself

Seriously, details Jerry details.

Ron

Mark Allen
08-18-2009, 10:43 PM
As for my post, the funniest part of the CF thread was the pile on mentality. They were piling not only on Tom but on the guy who started the thread because he spun out. Damn. Soooo glad that our group has a much more sporting mentality both on the forum and at the track (Dave Pintaric gets a free pass for being a kick ass dude both at the track and on the site.....even though he drives T1 and defected from Chevy to Fiat).

Mark

jkopp
08-18-2009, 11:30 PM
Few things:

David is a great guy and one of the few who took the time to actually call me during a recent and typical go around on the T1 forum (they use the Touring section at sccaforums.com for those that don't know) in which I offered up some dyno numbers and personal insight on the LS3 C6 Corvette. Short recap is that, against my better judgement, I thought I would try to put some rumors to rest with facts and for the most part was called a liar. Pissed me off and I will never get involved there again. It's way different then over here. Even David takes some shit he shouldn't have to but he's got thicker skin than me. He's cool enough to hang with us anytime as far as I'm concerned.

Next, I find it amusing that Mr. Sloe continually gets accused of being non-compliant (that was for you Wallace and if you delete my post I'll ban you :thumbsup:) over the past several years and now in more than one class. Have you ever been on the track with this guy? If so, you know that he and people like Mr. McDermid and Kyle (I know you too well to call you Mr.) get every freakin' ounce of performance out of a car regardless of circumstances. I consider it a priviledge to have been on the track with those guys and many others to see first hand what their talents are. No other class in the SCCA takes care of their own better than AS. Settle your beef with Mr. Sloe at the track and move on! IMO, the best thing that could happen in T1 right now is for Mr. Sloe to win and get through the shed with flying colors. Good luck!

-Kopp

BTW - David, if you haven't heard yet, McGinley is coming to RA after all next month. I absolutely, 100% promise you we will bring everything we have and we have more now than ever. I am looking forward to catching up with you friend! :ciao:

David Pintaric
08-19-2009, 12:47 AM
BTW - David, if you haven't heard yet, McGinley is coming to RA after all next month. I absolutely, 100% promise you we will bring everything we have and we have more now than ever. I am looking forward to catching up with you friend! :ciao:

Bring it on, big boy, bring it on! :D

EvanK
08-19-2009, 01:10 AM
Bring it on, big boy, bring it on! :D

WOW!

I almost forgot I started this thread, especially when Dave Pintaric comes in and practically apologizes for what I've done....LOL

Tom, That thread is funny as hell, funny because the moron meter goes off the scale in regard to the infantile behavior. Not because Sloe is being bashed and I think you understand that now.

I went out of my way to point out that the accusations were out of line as did Dave in the actual CF thread.

Lastly, theres no intent to harm anyone by me, and I'm sure Tom S. reads these posts and would be interested to see that thread himself.

t4wallace
08-19-2009, 10:10 AM
Tom, That thread is funny as hell, funny because the moron meter goes off the scale in regard to the infantile behavior. Not because Sloe is being bashed and I think you understand that now.
I understood it all along. And it is funny. Sad, but funny.

All I'm trying to do is keep this dysfunctional group as on task as possible. And, to keep any insinuations where they belong: at the track.

Back to the regularly scheduled program which is now a T1 trash talk fest.:D

Now, where the :censored: is Jerry's update???

Jerry Post
08-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Bottom line, I dropped a valve. I think when we get it apart we will find a timing chain problem. Engine is my 3 year old iron head so it was ready for retirement. Can't really run with the new alum head set up. New engine with alum heads will be in the car shortly.

Didn't help myself by a running through the grass in Q1 in turn 1 due to a car coming out of the pits and forcing me over (always blame someone else). Had to redo front settings and replace a header. Closed off one header pipe. Such fun changing a header with the engine in the car with no lift but we all do it and more.

JH was very fast regardless of timing error. He will be one to contend with at the ROs not withstanding there are others who can make a good run for the top spot. A good race it will be.

I watched Sloe in T1 from the sidelines. He drives the piss out of it. So much for that conversation.

Jerry