PDA

View Full Version : Who is at Grattan?

Fred Hetherwick
08-08-2009, 09:27 PM
Anyone know who is at Grattan and what is happening?

Fred

t4wallace
08-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Anyone know who is at Grattan and what is happening?
There's something happening at Grattan? Really?

Morning started late due to weather. Rained in the first session (combined P and Q). Times really didin't matter. Car count for the event is low. 5 AS cars posted times.

Q2 session was dry and the order is:
Some guy named Hinray ran a 26.5 (record is a 26.0 off the top of my head)
Some guy named Hosni ran a 28.0 (good to see you Ed)
Brian Wallace ran a 28.1
David Ours ran a 30.0
Mark Muddiman is 5th (can't remember the time, sorry Mark)

Hinray's car is prepped by Phoenix and is running a AL head 305
Hosni is running an AL head 302
Brian is running an iron head 305 (No, that is not the engine with more power)

Hint: Hinray is how Heinricy's name was spelled on the results.

Fred Hetherwick
08-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Thanks Tom. We were wondering if John was coming. Ed had said he was going to run at Grattan. Glad to see you back Ed! Looks like John is trying to attend the runoffs. Andy will be glad to see him there.

Fred

MarkMuddiman
08-08-2009, 11:32 PM
I popped a steering hose and didn't get a grid sheet, but if my crew guy is right it's forgettable time: 1:35

koscieldrk
08-10-2009, 10:44 AM
Heinricy Wins
Hosni 2nd
Wallace 3rd
Ours 4th
Muddiman 5th

Heinricy drove off after several laps, Wallace and Hosni battled for six or seven laps, Hosni showed some hosepower on the fron straight lap after lap pulling up next to Wallace going into turn 1. Hosni tried inside and outside repeatidly before finally being able to get by Wallace thru turn 1. Ed was then able to pulll away. Heinricy's car was making some kind of horse power and RPM's down the front straight.

Was a great day being able to connect with the guys, seeing as we haven't been able to race Steve's car this year.

Tom Sloe was driving a T1 Vette this weekend. His plans are to do double duty at the Run Offs.

Jerry Post
08-10-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks, do you have the times?

koscieldrk
08-10-2009, 01:03 PM
Jerry, Wasn't able to get a time sheet. Maybe some of the drivers or crew members can chime in on this.

I was kinda glad I was spectating as the temperature and humidity were brutal. I'm willing to bet it was affecting the drivers a whole lot let alone the crew members prepping the cars. I don't even think a cool shirt was much help.

t4wallace
08-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks, do you have the times?
These are off the top of my head:
JH - 26.5-ish
EH - 27.4-ish
BW - 27.9

JH and EH on Hoosier A's. BW on R's.

Shout out to those in the MW and the South that race in those conditions. It was 92-ish degreres with 108% humidity... Many, many drivers did not look good at race end.

Good to have you back Ed. You raced Brian classy and we appreciate it.

Jerry Post
08-10-2009, 02:30 PM
Thanks, sounds like all had a great race and the times were pretty impressive. Also, good to see Ed back, a quality racer, always brings a well prepped car.

I get JH at the Pocono double National this weekend. Beat him both times last year but with the new engine rules he has more grunt than before and I am still on last years set up. Still working on a new engine but struggling a bit.

Regards Jerry

Jerry Post
08-10-2009, 02:42 PM
PS: Also, Good to see Brian back, another quality driver and car for AS.

jimwheeler
08-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Should be fun in Sept., with Ed, Brian, Jerry.....names that have been off the entry list for a season, or more.
wheel

t4wallace
08-10-2009, 06:51 PM
PS: Also, Good to see Brian back, another quality driver and car for AS.
Thanks Jerry.

but with the new engine rules he has more grunt than before and I am still on last years set up. Still working on a new engine but struggling a bit.
Worth noting, we were running a pre-rule-change iron head powertrain at Grattan w/ the Road America rear end ratio. My point is that the iron-head 305 at a track like Grattan can still be very competitive since our lap times were at least .5 secs off based on gear ratio alone, and Brian was within a sniff of what he has run there in the past.

I don't know what JH's "program" was for the weekend, but John ran the essentially the same times with his AL-head 305 as he had with his iron-headed 305 package...

Smitty
08-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Hey guys.. wish I coulda made it.. just had too much to do and no time to do it.. (sound familiar?). Would have loved to come up and played with y'all... love racing with guys I trust. Maybe I will pop on up to the Runoffs and say hey!

Kristian

t4wallace
08-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Hey guys.. wish I coulda made it.. just had too much to do and no time to do it.. (sound familiar?). Would have loved to come up and played with y'all... love racing with guys I trust. Maybe I will pop on up to the Runoffs and say hey!

Kristian
We will gladly put you on our crew list with only a minimal fee: cookies.:D

andy mcdermid
08-12-2009, 12:18 PM
Kristian,we might even bump somebody off for "the cookies".:thumbsup:
Hope you and your family can at least make to the chili party.
Andy

koscieldrk
08-12-2009, 01:22 PM
I plan on coming up on Wednesday, Kristian can get a ride with me or trust me with delivering the Cookies :D like I did in Topeka. Hope the Chili Party is on Wednesday so everyone can enjoy the Hunters Sausage.
Chuck chime in.

ehosni
08-13-2009, 07:43 AM
It was great to get out and see everyone! I had a lot of fun! It is a little more difficult then I thought to sit out almost 3 years and then come back and remember everything you are supposed to do. Right now the car is better then I am. Brian W., I appreciate the clean racing as always. Scott S., I really appreciate the beers Saturday night. Hope to see everyone else soon!

Brian Wallace
08-14-2009, 08:50 PM
It was great to race with you as well Ed! We have had plenty of good races in the past and that was no exception. Looking at the notes from the time sheet I think you passed me on lap 14. I was so glad when you got by so I could take a break! But like we talked about at impound we both finally realized how hot we were once the battle was over. I have NEVER been that hot in race car before.

Kristian - I WANT SOME OF THEM COOKIES ... but only if you bring em' in person so we can tip back a few.:cheers:

Smitty
08-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Guys,

There is a chance that I might show up for the chilli party... with cookies in hand. If I cant make it... I am pretty sure the cookies can! Really would love to come up and see the guys... really miss racing with you all. Who knows.. might make a run at it next year..... just sayin'. :eek: