PDA

View Full Version : Mid Ohio Results

smithpr
06-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Quick update.

Congratulations to Andy for a rockin' win. Drove away from the field. Won by 45 seconds.

Brian finished second and drove a great race and I was third. I had a little problem and spun twice but was happy with the 3rd. Video makes me think oil but who knows.

I think Andy and I were both under the track record. Andy set a new bar with a 1:37.673. I had a 1:38.869. Brian had a 1:40.230. Brian had Iron heads. I and Andy were on the Alum heads.

Next stop is Road America.

Philip

Fred Hetherwick
06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Just to show our part of the country is holding up its part, There were 11 AS cars at Mid Ohio. Everyone finished but Tom Sloe wasn't running at the end.

nape
06-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Were you guys running the pro course or club course?

Fred Hetherwick
06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Club course. The Trans Am ran the Pro course.

jimwheeler
06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
The club course uses the chicane going into the keyhole?

t4wallace
06-01-2009, 04:09 PM
The club course uses the chicane going into the keyhole?
Yes. That was the original course, BTW. Apparently the pros (CART at the time) wanted another place to pass, so they added the straight there.

David Pintaric
06-01-2009, 10:46 PM
It was good seeing all you rednecks this past weekend.

Seriously, anytime Phil, the brothers Wallace and the rest of the gang are around, it's a good weekend.

Yes, there was something on the track. I got caught up in it a bit.

I hope you all liked the additional chicane on the backstretch! I was my gift to you...:thumbsup:

Thanks for not running over my bumper cover! :clap:

t4wallace
06-02-2009, 08:12 AM
There was an STO Corvette that oiled the track -- :mad: ON LINE :mad: -- from at least thunder valley thru turn one where I could see. He went a lap AFTER being given the meatball. Assuming he "saw the ball" at S/F. Or the ball he was given at the black flag station...

Yes, there was something on the track. I got caught up in it a bit.
That sucked David b/c you and John B. were 1) flying and 2) putting on a good show for those of us relegated to being the fans.

smithpr
06-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Overall it was a great weekend. The car ran great. It is great seeing Dave and the Wallace clan.

Can't wait to see everyone at RA.

We leave two weeks from today.

Does anyone else break air cleaner cover bolts or studs?:confused: I have always been hell on those and I can't figure out what to do.

I am tired of buying new air cleaner covers.

Philip

koscieldrk
06-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Phil,

I broke an air cleaner stud on my Mustang. When that happened the wing nut backed off and the unfortunate thing was it got sucked into the intake. Thats another story. I ended up going to a Grade 8 bolt, that way even if it backed off the head would prevent it from falling into the intake.

t4wallace
06-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Overall it was a great weekend. The car ran great. It is great seeing Dave and the Wallace clan.

Can't wait to see everyone at RA.

We leave two weeks from today.

Does anyone else break air cleaner cover bolts or studs?:confused: I have always been hell on those and I can't figure out what to do.

I am tired of buying new air cleaner covers.

Philip
We have used a stud with a nylock nut and only tighten the air cleaner tight enough to keep it from spinning on the carb -- and that's not that tight.

We currently use a hardened bolt and tighten without crushing the lid.

David Pintaric
06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
There was an STO Corvette that oiled the track -- :mad: ON LINE :mad: -- from at least thunder valley thru turn one where I could see. He went a lap AFTER being given the meatball. Assuming he "saw the ball" at S/F. Or the ball he was given at the black flag station...

That sucked David b/c you and John B. were 1) flying and 2) putting on a good show for those of us relegated to being the fans.

Tom,

Where were you watching? If from the "esses" did you see JB and me going thru 7-10 side by side? Good stuff and not a bit of paint being swapped.

t4wallace
06-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Tom,

Where were you watching? If from the "esses" did you see JB and me going thru 7-10 side by side? Good stuff and not a bit of paint being swapped.
Front straight. I could tell you guys were getting after it -- in a good way.

BTW -- You do know the mintue you make your car look that good, you can expect something to happen.:mad:

Walther
06-03-2009, 11:39 AM
We have used a stud with a nylock nut and only tighten the air cleaner tight enough to keep it from spinning on the carb -- and that's not that tight.

We currently use a hardened bolt and tighten without crushing the lid.

I have actually had good luck running a plastic wing-nut that I got from Ace Hardware. It is a slight resistance fit and will not spin on it's own. That, and a piece of all thread. Works great- and you do not need a wrench to remove the air-cleaner assembly.

More importantly, I think 10 (actually 9) cars participating @ MAM is fantastic. I wish we could get those numbers down here. The Closest I personally have experienced was 6 cars, with 3 actually starting and 2 finishing. 9 cars? Thats awesome!!!

jimwheeler
06-03-2009, 11:59 AM
If Frank had chosen to run AS, and we would have welcomed him, and Andy Ruggiero hadn't developed an oil leak on his new motor on Friday, we would have had 11 ASedans. Nine was awesome, and allowed us to petition the Chief Steward for a split start, which he OK'd.
wheel

David Pintaric
06-03-2009, 11:56 PM
BTW -- You do know the mintue you make your car look that good, you can expect something to happen.:mad:

Yippir...:(