Chris Pederson 1.20.310
Fred 1.20.721
Matt Regan 1.23.258

Race
Andy 1.17.068 new track record
Chris 1.20.366
Fred 1.19.569
Matt 1.22.708

Chris and I had a great race. Close through out. I was a touch faster, but the traffic was kinder to him and I never got around him. 33 cars. Kind of like downtown Chicago at rush hour. Matt broke after 10 laps or so. Engine I think.

Great fun!

Fred:cheers:

thomas toth
05-21-2009, 04:32 PM
I need to get my crap together and come out and play. The heads are on the new motor, waiting for the rockers to come in then I need to order up push rods. Should get the old stone out of the car this weekend.

Tom
#38 Camaro

Ted Johnson
05-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I need to get my crap together and come out and play. The heads are on the new motor, waiting for the rockers to come in then I need to order up push rods. Should get the old stone out of the car this weekend.

Tom
#38 Camaro

See MAM entry list post above...:thumbsup: May 30-31

t4wallace
05-21-2009, 06:00 PM
I need to get my crap together and come out and play.

See MAM entry list post above...:thumbsup: May 30-31
It's not that far from your place Tom ... once you get to Iowa. :eek:

If you haven't been there, the track was done by the same guy that did Gingerman. In fact, a couple of the turns are almost identical.

We met some of the nicest people at MAM. Outside of Wheel and Ted.

thomas toth
05-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Really, I thought it was a billion miles away. I need to look it up on the internet.

Thanks
Tom

jimwheeler
05-21-2009, 07:27 PM
You didn't see the second half of the sentence, "once you get to Iowa"
wheel

thomas toth
05-22-2009, 10:46 AM
Looks like a great track! Getting to Iowa is easy, I think it's only about 100 miles from my front door. The rest of the trip through Iowa looks a tad long. I won't make the trip this time but I definately will make it to MAM next year.

Tom
#38 Camaro

jimwheeler
05-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Cool. We get Kyle to come out almost every year. The Wallace clan also has been down.

t4wallace
05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
The drive from Michigan took, well, forever. And we broke it in half by staying in Chicago overnight going out, and it still took forever. Wished we could have done that on the return.

The people (and the track) were worth it. It's no Road America, but in a world where Nelson Ledges and ORP (may it now rest in peace) survived as, ahem, race tracks, it's a MUCH better facility than those, IMO. Very techincal in areas.

Plus, if the timing is right, all the locals come in on Sat. night and tear their stuff up at the drag strip.

EDIT: As a moderator, you'd think I'd not contribute to knocking threads off topic.

Ted Johnson
05-22-2009, 12:44 PM
The drive from Michigan took, well, forever. And we broke it in half by staying in Chicago overnight going out, and it still took forever. Wished we could have done that on the return.

The people (and the track) were worth it. It's no Road America, but in a world where Nelson Ledges and ORP (may it now rest in peace) survived as, ahem, race tracks, it's a MUCH better facility than those, IMO. Very techincal in areas.

Plus, if the timing is right, all the locals come in on Sat. night and tear their stuff up at the drag strip.

EDIT: As a moderator, you'd think I'd not contribute to knocking threads off topic.

No MAM is no Road America or Daytona but I would bet that if you had to choose between MAM or Daytona this weekend you would choose MAM.

Pics taken yesterday. Paging Mr. Dawson can you swim?

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z258/trj20/DSC03391.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z258/trj20/DSC03359.jpg

Dawson Motorsports
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM
We are already in the engineering phase of the new AAS. Aquatic American Sedan.:D
Were takning hints from the guys on Top Gear. No sails allowed, strictly motor.
Ted, you forgot to include all the pictures, like the guy holding the fish and the one that shows the water all over the inside. Lake LLoyd over ran it's banks or is that banking.
We could have a race and fishing tournemant at the same time.
Ask Mike Lavgne and his crew guys about fishing in Florida, inside joke.:thumbsup:
A few years ago I saw a picture from Homestead Speedway similar to the one Ted posted about the tunnel, but this one had a Porsche still in it.
Chuck

Ted Johnson
05-22-2009, 01:26 PM
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z258/trj20/DSC03378.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z258/trj20/DSC03347.jpg

kbsmith1
05-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Time to crane in an unlimited hydroplane. Then it could try to
set a new water speed record for daytona, one that might hold up
for a long, long time.

You know, the Colloseum in Rome used to be able to flood (and drain)
the arena so as to be able to stage naval batlles. Looks like
Daytona is the modern day version of that now. Already had
500 hp chariot races.