PDA

View Full Version : June Sprints

kevinc
04-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Registration for the 2009 Chicago Region SCCA June Sprints will open on Wednesday, April 22, at 12 Noon CDT at http://www.dlbracing.com. Please bear with us as the DLB web site has had some software changes the last few days, but we think all of the kinks are worked out.

The entrant packet is now available for download at http://www.cendiv-scca.org.

We know you have a choice where to spend your dollars, and we thank you for your support of our event.

Kevin Coulter
Competition Committee Chair
Chicago Region SCCA

wre46
04-27-2009, 10:54 AM
If I ever get a motor, I will be at the Sprints. Did anyone read the supps closely? It says SCCA and put monitoring equipment on ANY car and it is not protestable. Is this the first time they have done this, or is it because they want to see the differences between cars before the Runoffs happens. Are we in for some short sighted adjustements after a season of testing and few weeks before the Runoffs to make wholesale changes?

Dave Gomberg
04-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Jeff:

The boxes are used by us primarily for gathering data from cars in classes where we habitually do competition adjustments, mostly Prod. But, we do use them for other classes to a lesser extent.

The CRB has been doing this for several years at selected events. It is not the first time at the Sprints. The same boxes are used at the Runoffs as well.

Dave

jimwheeler
04-27-2009, 02:39 PM
They put one on my car at the Runoffs last year. I think they monitored several American Sedans of all makes, including the GTO, if I'm not mistaken. All of the info, of course, was closely guarded. I never saw any of the data, as it should be.
wheel

wre46
04-27-2009, 04:15 PM
I'm too slow right now to be on the radar anyway!:cheers:

Dave Gomberg
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
They put one on my car at the Runoffs last year. I think they monitored several American Sedans of all makes, including the GTO, if I'm not mistaken. All of the info, of course, was closely guarded. I never saw any of the data, as it should be.
wheel

Everyone who had a box in their car at the 2008 Runoffs was offered a copy of their data (or should have been). If you weren't told that, it was an oversight. I don't have the data handy right now or I'd offer it to you. I think I still have it on my laptop, but my wife has it and she's a thousand miles away. When she gets back, I'll check to see if it is still there. There is also some chance that your data was not captured. We had a few box or GPS antenna failures during the week.

Dave

jimwheeler
04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Dave,
That may have been the case, with my data. I was really referring to other data, from other cars. I am sure my data was not shared with another ASedan.
wheel

Dave Gomberg
04-27-2009, 04:41 PM
That's correct. We only provided data to individual drivers. Of course, if any of them chose to compare theirs with others, that's their business (I know of several who did). But, if you didn't get yours, I'll try to find it.

Dave

jimwheeler
04-27-2009, 05:01 PM
That would be cool. I had a new data system that didn't work, for some reason.
wheel