PDA

View Full Version : Gingerman Results

koscieldrk
08-24-2008, 09:51 PM
Well folks just got back from Gingerman. What a great weekend the weather was perfect. Wish the car counts could have been better only 4 cars.

No real records were set, the consenses was that the track was pretty slick all weekend.

No results for 1st round qualifying but the 2nd round panned out this way.
Steve Hynes 1:34.556
Mark Muddiman 1:37.684
John Lechner 1:37.166
David Ours 1:39.171

Final Grid:
Steve Hynes 1:34.556
John Lechner 1:37.166
Mark Muddiman 1:37.684
David Ours 1:38.901

The Race was uneventful with Lechner hoping to make a move going into one at the start but a T1 Vette held him up with John slightly tagging him in the rear, and a little side slip by both driver but they kept under control and got through the turn OK but this allowed Steve to get a lead that he never had to relinquish and drove away from the field.. In the meantime Lechner, Muddiman and Ours battling for the first couple of laps. I think Lechner had more fun or maybe being frustrated battling with A GT-3 car lap after lap, never could figure out what the deal was there, finally the GT-3 car hooked up and drove away.

Final Results:
Steve Hynes 1:35.660
John Lechner 1:37.628
Mark Muddiman 1:37.269
David Ours 1:38.272

By the way Steve and I are going to skip the Runoffs. We have elected to skip Topeka this year and concentrate our efforts to prepare for next year and Road America. Good Luck to all at the Runoffs, Play Safe and Have Fun.

koscieldrk
08-25-2008, 09:06 AM
This was also our last race for the season!

wre46
08-25-2008, 11:49 AM
[/FONT]

I understand this. We are also prepping for RA next fall... An FYI for all of you. Skip Barber has a 3 day advanced school Sept 10th, 11th and 12th. I am going up there to take the class and see the weather conditions we are going to face next year. More info as it arrives!

smithpr
08-25-2008, 02:13 PM
I did the Skippy advanced racing class at RA a couple of years ago. RA is an interesting place. You can go fast pretty quickly but you will not be going fast safely. That is one reason in my opinion that there are so many huge crashes at the place. People start getting the hang of the track and start turning some very good lap times. Then they get going just a little too fast here or there and then their car ends up in a ball. I did this so I speak from experience.:(

Get as many laps as you possibly can at the place. It is an amazing fast track.

Here is my prediction for P1 on the grid for next years RO's. 2:27.3.

I can't wait to see how fast we run.

Philip

King Matt
08-25-2008, 05:32 PM
Then they get going just a little too fast here or there and then their car ends up in a ball.
Like thinking they can go flat through the Kink and it's OK to be offline a little bit or even drop a wheel or too off at the exit. :eek:

Interesting stat popped up on the screen during the ALMS race this weekend on SPEED. The announcers said that Mosport was the fastest track for sports cars in North America with an average speed over 136mph. Road America was right behind at 134 or 135. The other tracks they listed were Le Mans and Monza up around 150. They weren't specific as to whether these speeds were all for the same class or car or just the top speed for the fastest cars that have raced on those tracks. I assumed these were the average speeds for LMP P1 cars, but I don't know if they even run at Monza. BTW, the LMP Audis were running 1:48s up at RA a couple of weeks ago. Compared that to the A Sedan lap record of 2:31. Can you imagine that monster coming up in your mirror (like you could even see it in your mirrors!)

smithpr
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
RA has a couple of very slow corners that really eat speed. Turn 5 is 2nd gear in an A/S car. But this is one of the things that makes it so hard on brakes.

Philip

King Matt
08-25-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, I went through half a set of front pads up there a few weeks ago, which is about double the normal wear rate on my car. Turn 5 is the worst because it's the slowest and downhill. Canada is not too far behind.

Dawson Motorsports
08-28-2008, 09:51 AM
The SEDIV championship is complete. Tom Ellis took the title again.
The Kershaw race only had 3 AS, which is way down on car count. Rich Stricter had problems all weekend long. front hub, rear end, and finally spit a rocker and lifter.
Tony Brouglin finish second in the race and the SEDIV, after being hit in the rear quarter panel by a T-2, but said he was going to try again next year. Tony won't be able to come to Topeka this year because of his schedule. He a school teacher in Charlotte, NC.
The event was a 1 day National, which made the weekend quick. But like Rich, if you have a problem, your sort of screwed.
Next race Topeka, see everyone there.:cheers:
Chuck