Lavigne - 2:11.377
Rich Jones - 2:11.472
Kelly Lubash - 2:15.925
Kent Johnson - 2:16.175
Ron LaBaron Sr. - 2:16.449
John Kohler (Mustang Cobra) - 2:16.728
Evan Kesselman (Pntiac Firebird T-2 crossover) - 2:17.378
Tom (302) Brown - 2:17.776
Others of note - John Heinricy - 2:25.291 (coasting with blown engine 1st lap)

Gridded @12:55PM Sunday, rain had stopped @ 11:30AM & sun was out. Most AS on drys although radar said bad weather was coming. 5 minute given @ 1:15PM and 2 minutes later it was pouring rain. Everyone on drys scrambled to paddock to change to rains. By the time group returned to false grid the rain had stopped (good news for Rich Jones who has no rain tires). Heinricy decided to go back to drys and did so and made grid on time.
Race started at 1:48PM with rain threatening again. Didn't start on 1st pace lap and did 2nd lap behind pace truck with steady rain. Rich Jones returned to the paddock. After 3 racing laps Post was well ahead of the AS field and 5th overall - he had everyone coverd except a sand trap in the "boot". Without a sand wedge in the car a 3 stroke (lap) penalty ensued. More pace laps and Kelly Lubash passed Mike Lavigne on the 10th & final lap for the win.
Evan Kesselman 3rd in the crossover T2 car, and Heinricy closed with a drying track on the last 2 laps for 4th. With the aborted pace lap and mid race caution there were only 5 hot laps in the 10 lap race before the 35 minute clock finished the race.

jimwheeler
07-14-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Or not.
wheel

Jerry Post
07-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Interesting day.

My crew chief, Howard, who worked very hard to prepare a first place car is now out looking for a new driver who has a bit more common sense.

Fortunately for me there aren't any.

jimwheeler
07-15-2008, 05:23 PM
Jerry,
How many races do you have? And, are you going to come to the Runoffs?
wheel

Jerry Post
07-16-2008, 09:46 AM
3 Races, will get two more but will not be at the ROs this year. Likely to go to RA ROs next year.

brad-tsr
07-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks for the report. Sounds like a good time was had by all. Or not.
wheel
Interesting comparison. Indy cars at the Glen. Last 14 laps of the race. Car over shoots turn 1 and stops before hitting the fence. Full course yellow comes out. On the pace laps two cars get together in the laces of the boot and are out of the race. FCY is extended to clean that up. While thats being done one of the leaders spins in turn 11 and collects the car behind him. Let me see?? we take four cars out of the race to go get one car that just needs restarted.
In the few minutes that I watched Indy cars from Mid Ohio yesterday I counted no less than 5 hot pulls in 50 laps. What is the difference? Is the Safety Team at MO that much better than those at the Glen?
The Glen is a wonderful track but c'mon let us race. Grow a set and go get the car. I would love to go back to the Glen one of these days but it's too frustrating to have every session shortened.
Are the club regions that race there concerned that this is hurting their entries.
Brad

KW78
07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
In the few minutes that I watched Indy cars from Mid Ohio yesterday I counted no less than 5 hot pulls in 50 laps. What is the difference? Is the Safety Team at MO that much better than those at the Glen?

The Glen is a wonderful track but c'mon let us race. Grow a set and go get the car. I would love to go back to the Glen one of these days but it's too frustrating to have every session shortened.

Brad

Well, sorry to say, if you think that is bad wait until the runoffs are at RA. Imagine your championship being 5 green flag laps and 2 yellow flag laps to get to half way so the stewards can checker it. :censored: F'n BS!

That was the SM race at the June Sprints this year, and why? Because two SSB cars got together before Canada, spun and stopped, and needed flat towed out. Drivers OK, cars stayed on their wheels, (according to my guy in the race), but here comes the checker.

This has been a problem with the sprints for years. They go full course yellow way too much, and then each lap under yellow takes 5 or 6 minutes it seems.

Kyle

brad-tsr
07-21-2008, 08:10 PM
Kyle,
I was there for that. Yea thats what you want to do, bunch the SM's up again.They did however allow your race to continue in spite of the Corvettes finding the gravel everywhere. We'll let Dorsey embarass them publicly if they do that at RA.
I wish something could be done. Any corner workers or safety people on here? Maybe they could shed some light. Is there any hope that there will be a change at the Glen. Does SCCA have any influence? We pay the entry fee expecting to get time on the track to race not sit on pit lane for 15 minutes of a 20 minute qualifying session while the clock tics on your session. Thats BS. Had a grid worker lean in my window and say that time has run out on your session but we're going to give you 2 laps of qualifying. 40+ angry drivers for two laps. But at least no safety workers were at risk. Thats BS.
Just sayin'
Brad