PDA

View Full Version : Sebring Race Results

PRO SYSTEMS
06-09-2008, 08:21 AM
At this weekends Sebring event (June 7/8), Yours truly, Patrick James set a New Track Record, won both races and Qualified number.

But the real story was the Bill Eveland team. Their brand new car is nice...these guys should be building A sedan cars for a living. The quality is right at the required level expected from our class and the car handles real well (it was all over my mirrors all weekend...man those Evelands can drive too).

Both Bill Jr. and Sr. drove the car in the near record (according to the news report) 96 degree heat on a blistering hot track (man it was hot and humid...did I mention it was hot?). The new Eveland car finished both races in an admirable second place and no one got a scratch on their cars the whole weekend.

Sean Ryan showed up with his Camaro and that guy can wheel a car as well (Sean also owns a wicked Jag that he Vintage races). Unfortunately the transmission locked into 3rd gear in his camaro in the first race, but he managed to limp home in the same position as his shifter.

Scott Seifreit was running well and then his alternator succumbed to the heat. Burning down the battery with it, leaving his car dead on the side of the road. But he was back and racing for Sunday. Scott is an Iron Man let me tell ya'.

It was a great event and once again everything went off on time and was expertly handled by our SCCA folks.

I have just four races left in my Road racing career (that started June 2nd 2007 at this same track with a lucky win in our first race we ever entered).

But if all goes well, we should be able to lock up the championship by the second Daytona race (I really have to stop having so much fun at the tracks and get back to working at the tracks...this is our busiest year ever in the Carburetor sales and R and D business..so we have projects piling up and its only getting busier).

I'd like to say thanks to all the folks that have given us advice and assistance in our first road racing effort. But the ones I bugged the most were the folks at Felice Racing Engines, Andy McDermid, my Crewchief Brad Hosmer (who is transferring up to our Michigan shop to handle that area of expansion), The Brake Man, Chuck Dawson and my good friends Ted and Mitchell Geltz).

Thanks to you folks, from all of us at Pro Systems.

PRO SYSTEMS
06-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Heres a pic of our Pro Systems car after Sundays race...it was still raring to go after the event, only running 198-205 degrees during the race. The driver however, was hot and tired.

A pic of Evelands car coming around Turn 5. Turn 5 was the greasiest I'd ever felt it.

jimwheeler
06-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the report and the pix.
wheel

beveland
06-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Thanks for the good words Patrick. It was an enjoyable weekend and took alot of work just to make it through, but was alot of fun. Congrats on the track record! All of us in CFR will miss the 34 out there. Bill Jr.

jkopp
06-09-2008, 11:23 PM
Ok, I give up. Where is the 34 going? :confused:

ASGTO
06-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Congrats on your race weekend. I love that track. You can feel the history the second you pull in the track.

Chris

PRO SYSTEMS
06-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Heres an E mail I sent a friend of mine from this great board, explaining our situation.

Our business is really booming in the the R and D area for race teams.

So we have to expand our operations (buy more equipment and a bigger building in Michigan) to take on the new development projects). Real estate and big ticket items are cheap these days.

My Main Sales/Tech guy and Crewchief Brad is moving back up North from our Florida program to head up the Michigan expansion.

So that leaves me without a crew chief. I was being distracted a bit by the road racing anyway. Its merely a dot on our sales page (but its so darn fun isn't it?!!).

I had a very good time road racing, it's something I always wanted to do (I'll keep the car...I always keep my cars...I have attachment issues...LOL). But I may get it out sometimes to dink around or enter it in Vintage in later years.

I've been putting folks off for R and D projects for some time now and now the offers are getting too good...so I need to get to work.

The 34 will still be around until the end of the season, then we'll either store it in Florida or ship it up to Michigan. Its a member of the family now.

Who knows, I may finally pull the year old tires off it and put a new set of shoes on it before I cover it up.

Patrick James
PRO SYSTEMS

fairlane_68
06-09-2008, 11:44 PM
Love the blacked-out look. Would look bitchin' with white doors...:yesnod:

ASthunder
06-10-2008, 12:08 AM
what area in michigan pro system????

PRO SYSTEMS
06-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Grand Haven

jkopp
06-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Got it. Don't you hate when making money gets in the way of having fun? I'm not worried though. You'll be back. It's just too hard to stay away from. Right Brannon? :D

PRO SYSTEMS
06-10-2008, 10:22 AM
You are so correct about that.

Remember, we originally bought the car in February of last year simply as a test car to develop A/Sedan carbs.

Our company had been trying to win the Runoffs for YEARS!! Gawd, I couldn't get a break always something would happen to one of our cars.

When we won the Runoffs we were gonna be done with it.

Well thats where we're at.

That carb program is pretty maxed out...not much if anything left in it. So we're done. It's time.

But the racing is addicting you are correct....I'll be back...I'd be crazy to say different.

Sean #40
06-10-2008, 12:48 PM
I have raced with Patrick and the others twice now and have been welcomed immediatley it is a great group and it will be a shame to see Patrick go.
Now you did mention vintage of which CFR has a good turnout if you go that way i will welcome you, Maybe the Jag against a Shelby stang? or you may go for a Brit car.
See you at Daytona with all my gears (and years)
Sean.
PS my engine managed 240 degrees.

PRO SYSTEMS
06-10-2008, 02:28 PM
...don't get me started Sean.

My kingdom for any late 60's or early 70's Ford, Chev or Mopar Trans Am car.

Kopp was right...it's addicting.

Heres our limited edition Mustang Package we developed for sale through Ford Dealerships back in 2005.

It made the Mustang have 475 h.p. on Nitrous.

But notice how the stripe package ghosts the Boss 302 stripe package from the old days.

This is car number 202 its a stick car with a red interior. I kept this one.

I don't drive this car much, but when I do drive it...I feel like Parnelli Jones....I just can't drive like him. : )

Heres an old link: www.nitrous475.com

PRO SYSTEMS
06-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Heres my car it's #202

Mitchell Geltz
06-10-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm drooling..... What a sexy car I think it's right up there with the viper. Congrats on the wins and track record although I don't think it will stand long. Not too worry I think it will be another Pro Systems car setting a new fast time :thumbsup:. Then again I might be wrong :bowdown: . It was a good drive for all that weekend, almost 100 degree air temp is deadly and makes it hard to stay focused. Let me know if you need help getting ready for a race " Patrick ".........

Mitchell Geltz
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
My old man will be running his vintage RX3 "zoom zoom" by then I hope. Would you consider running some enduros with us somtime... Bill Jr. and I might run the 6hr at sebring next Jan. in the 88.

beveland
06-10-2008, 09:13 PM
Mitchell, I'll bring the mild street motor and transmission, and you bring the 88. Should be the right combo for fun endurance race. By the way, big Bill Sr said the tranny is yours to use if you want to run Daytona in Aug. Hope to see Patrick and Sean there too. Bill jr.

PRO SYSTEMS
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
drive the 88 an Ex-McDermid car...are you kidding me!

Heck yea, I'm in for a chunk of the bills and some drive time.

Man Kopp is right. I've announced my retirement for a day and you're messing me up. Addicts....all of us.

According to my data acquisition (I've been messing around this last hour or so). When I splice my corner speeds with new tires on in good weather with my old engine package together with my straight away times from the new engine package from this weekend... my 90 lb overweight car could run a little more than 2 seconds a lap faster than even my current record.

Segmenting perfect sections of course. LOL

Mitchell you and your McDermid 88 car are always faster than me...so I expect you can reset it in the snow.

But I'll get the Track record holder decal on the car now so it retires with some glory on its flanks before being put out to pasture.

Its been a good old safe reliable car.

Remember now, I'm no race car driver like you guys....I just like to go fast and disguise it as work.

I'd love to race with you guys!

Also, records worth getting don't stand for long anyway, as everyones after them.

Give me some lead time on the enduro as I have lots of tuning contracts I'll be signing soon that require me to be gone a lot on weekends.

But I'd love to do it. Thanks.

Patrick James