Ted Johnson
05-26-2008, 12:39 PM
Qualifying just in

Chris Brannon 1.15.641
Jim Wheeler 1.15.931
Jim Stevens 1.18.144
Scott Davie 1.20.790
Shawn Gray No time

Chris puts the 3680# GTO on pole 2 days in a row. Great job Chris.

Race to come.

Race.

Chris Brannon 1.16.444
Jim Wheeler 1.16.344
Scott Davie 1.18.887
Jim Stevens 1.18.842
Shawn Gray 1.18.337

I'll let Jim or Chris post on the details. Sounded like a wild race with t1 cars crashing down the slippery wet dragstrip.

Good job on the win Chris.

ASGTO
05-26-2008, 06:03 PM
When Jim or anyone else gets the pole or the win I noticed that the weight of their car is never included in the post. ?????

I won today's race! Wheeler had the fast lap on my home track that I have thousands of laps on and many wins in his 3200 lb Firebird. Is that right?

Ted Johnson
05-26-2008, 06:22 PM
Not sure how you took my report Chris. I think your doing a fantastic job with a new car (new to AS) and making it competitive. Fastrak just came out with all the new cars eligable for AS and spec lines. Many people don't know about all the changes going on. Most know the weights of the existing AS cars, yours is new and I think it was worth noting. I'm waiting on my laps to post the lap times for the race for the final results. Again a well deserved win. Two poles, a second and a win? You should be very pleased.

Jims cars minimum weight is 3280.

ASGTO
05-26-2008, 09:10 PM
thanks Ted. I am just happy to be out of T2 and not have to deal with the BS rules and having to buy the car of the year. I was only able to go about a half a second faster in AS trim than T2 at Memphis. I still don't think my car could win at Topeka because of all the 2nd gear corners. The 3:46 gear just won't get the car moving as quick as the traditional AS car. But to be honest I don't care because I am having fun again during the year. I am not asking for or lobbying for anything. I will have to deal with tracks that don't suit my car.

I really thought that my strong point would be the straight away at Memphis. Because of the gearing, when he and I both hit 4th he was gone. Jim said that it was the closest race he had ever run in his 30 years of racing. I am happy to know that my car has a place to run for many years to come!

Thanks again
chris

fairlane_68
05-26-2008, 10:01 PM
When Jim or anyone else gets the pole or the win I noticed that the weight of their car is never included in the post. ?????

It's because if you look in Jim's car at the floor boards, you'd see where the holes have been patched up from back before engines were allowed. :thumbsup:

ASGTO
05-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Jim told me he had been racing for over 30 years. That is pretty awesome. I hope I am in as good a shape and still racing when I am his age! He has forgotten more stuff in his life than I will probably ever learn. :bowdown: :D