PDA

View Full Version : Memphis RACE 1

Ted Johnson
05-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Since hallett was a bust between Chris Brannon and Jim Wheeler, Memphis is the first comparison we have between a heavily weighted t2 car and a developed AS car.

Memphis has a very long straight away. Dragstriip and shutdown area with a fast sweeper at the end and then a bunch of tight twisty areas on the way back to the dragstrip.

Early reports say that Brannon and Wheeler were sideways, door to door coming onto the straight with Wheeler taking the win by less than half a car length. AS CLOSE AS IT GETS.

I'm sure a report from Chris and Jim will be coming.

Its a double national so they get to do it all over again tomorrow. I'm jealous now.:(

Race Results...

Jim Wheeler (third gen firebird) 1:16:004
Chris Brannon (GTO) 1:16:216
Jim Stevens (third gen camaro) 1:16:825
Scott Davie (Sn95 mustang) 1:18:176
Shawn Gray (third gen firebird) 1:17:946

Shawn was reported as having brake problems.

jkopp
05-25-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm jealous now.:(

I feel ya brother! ;)

Good luck on round two boys! :thumbsup:

fairlane_68
05-25-2008, 08:44 PM
I's a barnyard brawl...a fight between a goat and a [fire] chicken! I hope one of them uploads a video...I know Chris has an in-car camera, but whether or not he had it installed is another thing.

ASGTO
05-25-2008, 09:26 PM
my story will be short and sweet. I am going to bed at 7:00pm if that tells you anything. The temp was in the 90's and brutal! I qualified on the pole with Wheeler a close second. We both got good starts but we got caught up in some traffic that needed a few laps to get their tires up to temp. Wheeler got around me clean. He led every lap with the gap ranging from bumper to bumper, my left front fender to his quarter, side by side, up to a fifteen car. We raced close and hard.......never touching I might add. Wheeler had one off or moment that I will let him talk about. On the last lap and last corner Jim went in hot and got a little wide. We went side by side thru the final corner and drag raced down the front straight side by side. I was told by people watching that he got me between 6 inches and 2 feet. Bottom line......it was close. On this track and on this day Jim was faster on the straights and I was a faster in a couple of the corners. Everywhere else we were dead even. It was the most fun I have had club racing in years. I told him that I would rather lose a race like this one than win racing no one. Drivers, corner workers, spectators and stewards said it was the race of the day and awesome to watch. I had a great time!

fairlane_68
05-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Well, so far this has turned out to be a great racing weekend. Memphis, Indy, Monaco, and Lime Rock this afternoon...great weekend if you're sick as a dog trying to get over a cold.

socalta
05-26-2008, 11:38 AM
great weekend if you're sick as a dog trying to get over a cold.

that would be me :censored:
and I wanted to work a lot on my car:mad: